Is It true that automotive oil is bad for your motorcycle?

roadczar

they/them - LABusas Road Czar
Depends on the years Ren

Seems ktm is still doable but the new aprilias 2017+ are a dealer thing.

Rhino :

On Panigale V4 I just set the date 1 year back to get rid of the idiot light. Not sure if it is possible on newer KTMs or Aprilias.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Ren

BAM
Website
www.fortunecity.com
Depends on the years Ren

Seems ktm is still doable but the new aprilias 2017+ are a dealer thing.

Rhino :

Yep, you're absolutely correct, some but not all bike/cars/trucks. I was specifically referencing Rhino's comment in regards to his KTM though. My 2020 KTM 790 Adventure is resettable with no tools or software required, it gives instructions right in the owners manual. Some newb on the ADV forum called his dealer and the dealer told him he had to come into the dealer for it to be reset. Hahahaha Some peoples kids I swear. :dash2:

chuck356

BAMF
Why not just put the right oil in your bike instead of fucking around with shit that might work? I have been a big fan of OEM oils myself, as of a year ago I was selling Kawasaki oil for either $6.50 a quart or $25 for a gallon, petroleum stuff, no synthetic. Some people may be better off with synthetic, or just want to do it. If it is a motorcycle oil, go for it. An FZ600 endurance bike I rode and wrenched on back in the late 80's checked out poorly after a 6 hour national, noticed it down on compression so I pulled the valve cover to check clearances and that burnt Castrol GTX stunk up the shop! The bike's owner listened to me on oil choice after that. And fuck Rotella and fuck the Walmart it comes from!

Red

BAMF
Website
www.WestCoastSportbikes.oRg

Top Bottom