Is Bombaybusa Still Connected with Van Nuys Suzuki ?

Bandit Man

BAMF
There are new owners at VNS. They are the same people from Hudson Motorsports in Gardenia. The only OG last time I went by there was Boyd.

OP
C. Dolan

C. Dolan

BAMF+

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
That's not a half bad looking Katana.
A little ugly but mostly in the right ways and still pimp'able.
Is it a good machine? I have not read anything about the engine/suspension/brakes.
Actually, I haven't read anything about a Katana since I don't remember when.

I had talked to them last week and almost had a deal at , I think, $ 9800 with some garbage fees added.
They killed the deal when they gave me some bullshit about me having to be at the dealer in person.
They said it was a policy by Suzuki ( bullshit ) :luckystrike: and their manager.
Hmmmmm....interesting. My brother was looking at a car in Scottsdale AZ. They hit him with that same bullshit. It has something to do with fraud.

Stetson

BAMF
If you are a dealer and you price your products a few percent over invoice, and advertise your honesty and no bullshit f and I and doc fees and etc....

Youd sell, a lot of products...
I bought a lifetime, unlimited mileage Mopar warranty from some guy at a dealership in the midwest somewhere. His name/contact info was all over the Durango/Challenger/Charger forums. He must have been making $20 per warranty, selling in volume. Paid about a third of what my selling dealership wanted. Did everything by email and mailed him a check. Done. :up:

Haven't used it because nothing's gone wrong with the fucking car. I knew that would happen. :2guns::2guns::dash2:

I'm sure I will though, we're going to run it into the ground.:bigsmile:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
thats always been the case... the extended warranty can be purchased up to a year after. Local dealer wanted $2500... bought off some midwest dealer for $750...

Vegas12

BAMF+
thats always been the case... the extended warranty can be purchased up to a year after. Local dealer wanted $2500... bought off some midwest dealer for $750...

Extended warranty can be bought up to the original bumper to bumper......3/36 in most cases.

Local douche has a FIAT 300 Hemi with one of those lifetime warranties.

Dealer tells him he has a blown motor and they won't cover it because he has a Lyft sticker on the car.

Douche proves he's never actually picked up a fare.....magically becomes the infamous Hem-roid lifter failure. They fixed it under warranty.

Kind of like my buddies $10,000 VW transmission magically fixed itself after sitting at the dealer for months

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
the only warranty I ever used was my 94 wranglers body rust deal. I managed to snap a driveshaft on the way to the dealer... they fixed that too...lol Wont ever buy another

OP
C. Dolan

C. Dolan

BAMF+
If you are a dealer and you price your products a few percent over invoice, and advertise your honesty and no bullshit f and I and doc fees and etc....

You'd sell, a lot of products...
I have a dealer in Oregon that not only sells with no "freight" or "prep"
but sometimes will knock $ 500 off MSRP.

Have bought half a dozen bikes from him since 2014.

The in person requirement at the dealer is bullshit.
Some dealers have me send a picture of my driver's lic. but as long as they get paid all is well.

One of my San Diego dealers is finally starting to see the light.
I hadn't bought from him in years when he was obsessed with freight and prep.
Now that he was willingh to do MSRP OTD, I bought 2 bikes from him in the past 2 months.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
When I worked F&I at a dealership in Ohio half a dozen years ago, each purchaser was run though some government database (I can't remember the system name) to see if we COULD sell them a vehicle. If they came up red flagged - suspected terrorist ties or similar - no sale. As far as in-person vehicle sales, that's the way it's "supposed" to happen, so the purchaser can be positively matched against the ID they presented and this wasn't a straw purchase. And, to give the F&I person a chance to try and make some back end money through the sale of extended service contracts, prepaid maintenance deals, etc.

If it was a known, repeat customer, we would sometimes offer to deliver the vehicle and sign them up at home or the office, but that was the exception and we didn't make it widely known as the owner would pitch a fit.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
In a day where you can do "virtual" doc visits... I would assume one can do an "in person" purchase just the same if ID needed to be verified.
If I was a selling dealer... buyers like C. Dolan C. Dolan would be given access to what ever inventory I could get my hands on. Especially the "Ride Now" network dealers that
are supposed to honor any other markets deals.

ZX11 Man

BAMF
C Dolan - I havent heard a number in a while and I am curious of how many steeds are in your stable now, including all 50 states, garages, living rooms and anywhere else you have bikes stashed..? :razz:

OP
C. Dolan

C. Dolan

BAMF+
C Dolan - I havent heard a number in a while and I am curious of how many steeds are in your stable now, including all 50 states, garages, living rooms and anywhere else you have bikes stashed..? :razz:
Have been selling some the last few years to maintain balance along with buying / updating.

Need to update the spread sheet having got 10 x 2020 bikes, including 4 just last week.

Have been averaging 140 bikes, but may be a bit higher at the moment.

2020-MV-F3-800-RC2_edited.jpg

1584378537_IMG_7967.jpg

439 Lbs.jpg

2020 Tuono 450 LBS, BST, Akra.jpg

Last edited:

chuck356

BAMF

Youd sell, a lot of products...
I did it that way for years, but the people today are too fucking stupid, they just see the cheaper price and assume it will all be hunky-dory.

Last edited:
OP
C. Dolan

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Chris, I love the no bullshit bike reviews, and the no bullshit full tank of gas on a real fucking scale. We're lucky to have you here buddy.
Yeah...... Some , like Yamaha and Kaw have been pretty close.

The Euros, not so much.
The BMW F 900 R was 20 Lbs over listed, and don't even get me started on Triumph and Ducati.

whipit1K

BAMF
Yeah...... Some , like Yamaha and Kaw have been pretty close.

The Euros, not so much.
The BMW F 900 R was 20 Lbs over listed, and don't even get me started on Triumph and Ducati.
have you got any of the Triumph "modern classics"? thank that is what they call them. the old school looking parallel twins. I have been drooling over two scrambler models and also the speed twin...

OP
C. Dolan

C. Dolan

BAMF+
have you got any of the Triumph "modern classics"? thank that is what they call them. the old school looking parallel twins. I have been drooling over two scrambler models and also the speed twin...
Have a 2019 Triumph 1200 Speed Twin, a 2017 Thruxton 1200.
The 2019 Royal Enfield 650 is also a pretty cool bike.
The 2020 Kaw W 800, pictured above, has the absolutely mellow exhaust, bone stock.
They are all pretty close to the same top speed at 100 to 105 mph.
The rear shocks on the Tri Speed twin are way too wallowy in the corners.
I put stiffer fork springs on the Triumph Speed Twin, going with 1.0 aka 100 springs from Racetec.
The Ohlins from the Thruxton bolt right on and I scored a set via Ebay for $ 600.

Love those babies, on that retro note, ever consider an XRS900? They seem to have the most potential out of all the retro's.

I could fall hard for a package like this.1600293811049.png

• Red
Reactions: Red

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I looked around and took some rides, the XSR900 and the Indian FTR1200 rose to the top. Now that Harley dropped the notion of producing the BareKnuckle/ Bronx, the bike to just tear ass on choices start to focus.

OP
C. Dolan

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Love those babies, on that retro note, ever consider an XRS900? They seem to have the most potential out of all the retro's.

I could fall hard for a package like this.View attachment 42683
I haven't gotten into that model, but did build a 2014 FZ 09 with BST wheels, full Akra, Lithium battery,

Ohlins rear shock ( from a GSXR 1000 ) and an Ohlins front end from an early Duc Multistrada.

The Duc front end was the only thing I could find at the time that was long enough.

Top Bottom