In the spirit of spring ... pic of your current ride

Fever500

BAMF
Sweet gay miata
Couldn t hang with mine tho
Okay ... I see an NA with what looks like a Hard Dog roll bar ... looks lower than stock so I assume some kind of aftermarket coilovers ... exhaust pipe looks a little larger than stock. What ya got?

Hapo

Dog Boy
...whoops...!!!...whitepower runs for pinks...!!!...

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Garrett 3071 was just the right size on the 2.0 bored/stroked. 6spd mazdaspeed trans, australian 626 rwd rear end w/355's, tanabe coilovers, wilwood brakes front and back, 3in custom stainless exhaust...

Made 340whp on the mildest map. Setup was good for 500+ ponies

Fever500

BAMF
Garrett 3071 was just the right size on the 2.0 bored/stroked. 6spd mazdaspeed trans, australian 626 rwd rear end w/355's, tanabe coilovers, wilwood brakes front and back, 3in custom stainless exhaust...

Made 340whp on the mildest map. Setup was good for 500+ ponies
Very nice setup for 2009! Well done! I think I remember you posting about this a while ago.

Mind is a stock block right now so only running about 15psi though I had cranked it up to 20 while tuning EBC and that was fun but not ready for banana rods just yet so turned it back down a little. 3" exhaust, log manifold, FF640 injectors, MS3X ECU, Supermiata puck clutch. Stock 5 speed and dif. Probably going to throw some forged rods in it later the summer and then all the boost ... :) I built a set of budget bilstien coilovers (next best thing to Xida's) 225/45/15 RS4's Racing Beat sways ...

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
I am over the moon with our '96 RX-7. Haven't driven a rotary since the 90's, it's epic the way it revs and to me no other car engine has as much personality

Was expecting this car to be gutless around town but it hauls

Best of all, it handles like it's on rails and it feels like I'm sitting on a skateboard

Was apprehensive about the right hand drive, but I immediately acclimatized to it. It feels very natural but will say I (still) prefer to shift with my right hand.

This is going to be a multi-year project getting it where we want it to be, but for now I feel like a kid again, and I haven't felt like that for a long time

Fever500

BAMF
You should go with an E85 setup for big boost
Yep ... once I blow/bendy up this one that's the plan. Already have a DW300 pump and some ID1000 injectors ... just want to enjoy the car a little this year as I had to take a bunch of time off from the build last year due to a skateboarding accident .. lol.

Sail ... yeah .. maybe fem to some but these cars are extremely light and probably one of the best handling cars out there. Add some boost and they are fucking weapons! Plus it's fun to dust old men in their C6's and race bois in their Mustangs with these "gay" cars. LOL.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
The RX-7 FD is 2800 pounds

Fever500 nice Miata. One of my life regrets is having sold our '92 Miata in '04

I just didn't appreciate it back then

Mazda in the 90's made some of the most iconic cars ever

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Ray Plumb, who used to work for the Honda Race Team, had a Miata with a bad ass V8 shoved under the hood.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
LS swaps are popular with the RX-7 crowd, especially with those that don't want to put up with the temperaments of a rotary

To me that's sacrilege. Bought this car for the perfect weight distribution, 2800 curb weight and handling

But then, maybe after a few blown apex seals, cat meltdowns and what have you, who knows what the future holds :)

BilletMan

BAMF+
Putting an LS in a Mazda kinda detracts from the primary reason for buying the Mazda rotary, eh?! And you just wait a fucking minute. You're talking like it's your car. Wasn't it to be your son's car? Did you like it so much that you swiped it from him?

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I think an LS is a great choice for a miata (or RX7 or S2000 or what fucking ever). There is a good write up in road & track 2016 MX-5 Miata V8 Conversion - Flyin' Miata V8 Swap indicating the weight bias is barely affected with stock being 52.48 on the front and after changing to the LS moving up to 53.4%. Not exactly a deal killer considering the torque curve of a NA LS engine v a high strung turbo.

As far as "sacrilege" goes, I just don't see the value at todays prices and number of cars on the road. I would prefer not to see an LS in an original 66 Shelby Cobra, or pulling a 426 hemi out of a 1970 Cuda for one but in both cases the cars would probably work better, but hey if you have a million dollar car you can afford a giant fuck you to who ever you want.

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
Putting an LS in a Mazda kinda detracts from the primary reason for buying the Mazda rotary, eh?! And you just wait a fucking minute. You're talking like it's your car. Wasn't it to be your son's car? Did you like it so much that you swiped it from him?
I'm impressed, BM, very perceptive!

It's the boy's car, he will be paying it off to the bank of luckystrike for some time. It will be my 'daily' for the time being though and I'm like a kid, making up the littlest excuses to take it out!

luckystrike

Website
lemonparty.org
I think an LS is a great choice for a miata (or RX7 or S2000 or what fucking ever). There is a good write up in road & track 2016 MX-5 Miata V8 Conversion - Flyin' Miata V8 Swap indicating the weight bias is barely affected with stock being 52.48 on the front and after changing to the LS moving up to 53.4%. Not exactly a deal killer considering the torque curve of a NA LS engine v a high strung turbo.

As far as "sacrilege" goes, I just don't see the value at todays prices and number of cars on the road. I would prefer not to see an LS in an original 66 Shelby Cobra, or pulling a 426 hemi out of a 1970 Cuda for one but in both cases the cars would probably work better, but hey if you have a million dollar car you can afford a giant fuck you to who ever you want.
In the case of the RX-7, I find it hard to believe that exchanging a 1.3L diminutive rotary twin turbo for a V8 wouldn't completely take away from the balance and handling that makes the car a legend in the eyes of many.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
two more bikes that live at Thill, (this was at Chuckwalla on what someone called the "hill"?). The R6 (grey) is now black, I think that's fulltilt on the warhorse, might be Dale Kiefer (sp?) just out of frame. IMG_0057.JPG

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
In the case of the RX-7, I find it hard to believe that exchanging a 1.3L diminutive rotary twin turbo for a V8 wouldn't completely take away from the balance and handling that makes the car a legend in the eyes of many.
slide the engine back a little, replace the POS rear end with something strong enough, you'd pick up a little there, chromoly cage to tie it together so the doors still open and close after the first time you hit the gas.....on a race track you could pull over and wait (a long time) for the guy in the stock RX7 to catch up and explain why it's better to not do shit like that.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Did you have any issues the exhaust bubbling the plastic? I bought an 05 with the same exhaust and the plastics at the bottom where the exhaust bends are damaged from heat.
I've never had stock bodywork on the 05 since it came to live with me so no idea about that. My 07 has never had a problem with that either and I've leaned on that bike pretty hard. The War Horse (05) ran an entire weekend at Willow Springs in the A, B and C groups, only ever getting fuel in-between. The guys manning the track entrance just shook their head when ever it rolled up. Like some kind of animal cruelty. The 07 has about 4k miles on it and maybe 12-14 sets of tires?

Hapo

Dog Boy
:confused2:...slomos ain't even draggin' the pegs... .!.:D.!.

gsxrian

BAMF
Just picked up a new 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX last week, flash the ECU for $399 ..... 240 RWHP on pump gas from a sports tourer :)

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
WTF are you 'lolling' at, you fucking anonymous shit stirrer? Scared to post a pic of yourself so you post a pic of a fucking homo Fireblade wedged in front of some fucking car in underground car park. WTF is that? Can't you even afford a fucking garage to store your bike in?

Its a good job people in here open up their lives for members to view so you can have a good laugh, you fucking coward...

Master-Cylinder

warrantee issue with his phone
I told the old lady my flip phone only had a few flips left in it. She informed me I'd probably have to get a "data plan" with any new phone I'd get. She also said it would run me at least $50.00 per month! I fucking almost shit myself, told her I ain't paying $50.00 a month for something I may use for 5~10 minutes per month, or less. :fu:
So she gets all pissy aboot me being cheap. I already pay for enough shit.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I told the old lady my flip phone only had a few flips left in it. She informed me I'd probably have to get a "data plan" with any new phone I'd get. She also said it would run me at least $50.00 per month! I fucking almost shit myself, told her I ain't paying $50.00 a month for something I may use for 5~10 minutes per month, or less. :fu:
So she gets all pissy aboot me being cheap. I already pay for enough shit.
you sure? You could be up loading pictures of baby duckies in real time all day long :up:

Master-Cylinder

you sure? You could be up loading pictures of baby duckies in real time all day long :up:
If the phone had a 20 inch screen, separate mouse and keyboard, maybe.
My DSLR camera has WiFi, but I don't think it works that way.

I fucking almost shit myself, told her I ain't paying $50.00 a month for something I may use for 5~10 minutes per month, or less. :fu:
I pay $90 a month for my wife and daughters' plans. And when I try to call them (maybe once a month), I can't ever get them on the phone. I should have painted some fucking rocks to look like phones and given them out for Christmas. :screama::fu:

Master-Cylinder

I pay $90 a month for my wife and daughters' plans. And when I try to call them (maybe once a month), I can't ever get them on the phone. I should have painted some fucking rocks to look like phones and given them out for Christmas. :screama::fu:
My fucking cell phone rings allah tyme, so I set it so that it only rings when the wife and my one friend calls, the rest of the time it just vibrates. Before I set it that way, my old phone got smashed on the floor one day because it kept ringing one day at work.

My current phone has a couple hundred messages and text messages that I haven't read nor will I.

Top Bottom