Impeachment - bad news

Austin_F

BAMF+
They're all criminals. You just have to choose the ones who will at least do a little bit for us from time to time. For instance. Obama kept black men in prison. Trump is trying to fix that. Isn't that crazy? Should have been the other way around if you believe the leftist narrative about the two Presidents.

Besides, my vote was for Rand Paul, I even caucused for him. I didn't want Trump until Rand, Carson, Rubio, and Fiorina were out.

But man I sure am glad Trump won, none of those others would have the economy humming like today. Can you picture Rubio busting open the doors to G7 and saying 'start paying your fucking bills, im closing the checkbook' ??

or telling Hillary 'you'd be in jail'.

fuck no. They'd probably have her AND bill in cabinet positions!

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF
the dems and mrs Clinton has come up with more reasons that she lost the election than carter's got liver pills.
now she stumping for "just tell the truth" and giving out marriage advice.

the simple truth is the other guy got more votes.

mr obabma stated that he had a pen and a phone, didn't really need congress to do what he wanted to do. i'm paraphrasing, so here is an article

if president trump said that, dems would lose their minds worse than they already have.

congress hasn't been working for a while, too bad their checks and benefits can't be withheld until they all learn how to act right.
do what their constituents elected them to do, represent them and their interests, not push political agendas and waste time, money and efforts.

next they will be investigating how this president may have the walking farts and is secretly sending coded messages to the Russians.

instead of acting like a bunch of hyper-sensitive, easily agitated hormonal teenagers all on their periods or going through menopause at the same time.
Mayhap you should just fuck off 😎

hedgehog

BAMF
The thing to see will be if the next democratic administration does the same shit the republicans are doing now, and listen for the weeping and wailing from them.

Y’know, like the ‘meh’ we heard about Jared and ivanka using private servers for govt business.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
And your logic behind impeachment is flawed - Pence would run as incumbent and would still win. It changes nothing. Pence appears far more competent than Trump, who know whats awful shit he could have gotten up to. Probably opened up gay extermination camps.
that would be awesome. Gay extermination camps?? Would they look like a Taylor Swift video?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Trump was able to easily vilify HRC- she wasn't even popular within her own party. Tens-of-thousands of Dems (enough to swing the election) voted for third-party candidates in swing states, and many more just stayed home, thinking the election was a foregone conclusion for Hillary (i.e. the angry Bernie voters).

Well, that likely ain't gonna happen in 2020- HRC won't be running, and no matter who the Dem candidate is (probably Biden or Warren), he/she won't have the same image problem (despite Trump's efforts to the contrary- the 'Pocahontas' thing is played out, and, at least preliminarily, there's no damning evidence against Biden re: the Ukraine deal), and Dems learned a hard lesson they won't repeat. The 2020 turnout is going to be huge (based on the midterms, which are the predictor for the next general election), and a bigger turnout is usually going to be better for Dems (there are slightly more of them, as well as slightly more left-leaning independents), and key swing-states went blue in 2018. The base that won it for him won't be enough to do it again if the Dems gets their own house in order (and they showed their doing that in the midterms).

I still wouldn't bet against Trump, but I don't think I he's the lock I thought he was a year ago, especially with current economic data pointing to a downturn in the near future, possibly costing him his 'ace in the hole' of a strong, growing economy. While the current impeachment push likely won't remove him from office, it won't do him any favors either, especially if the Dems manage to get an underling to flip (Rudy Giuliani might also end up bringing it all down as he's off the leash, and it's been reported that there's a potential second whistleblower from the intelligence community who may file a report) or uncover something else big we haven't seen yet.

Good analysis Brian. The other issue is who in the current field of Dems has a chance? I don't see any of them getting close to the vote count Hillary got in '16. Especially with any moderate voters.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Good analysis Brian. The other issue is who in the current field of Dems has a chance? I don't see any of them getting close to the vote count Hillary got in '16. Especially with any moderate voters.
Again, going by the midterms- the 2018 turnout was huge (highest in a century for a mid-term election), and the swing states that Trump carried in 2016 (MI, PA, and WI) all went from red to blue (the toughest of them to flip, PA, would very likely go to Biden as he has a lot of support there and has his campaign headquarters in Philly, and a tiny fraction of votes would be needed to swing MI and WI). If everything else stays the same and those states go blue, Trump loses. I would expect any of the current Dem front-runners to do at least as well as Hillary (quite possibly better) based solely on how many Dems came out in 2018 (I don't think they're going to stay home in 2020). Younger voters also voted in big (compared to recent history) numbers, and there are many that will have reached voting age in the interim (while it won't last, voting is still 'cool', and social media helps form voting blocks, and they vote 2:1 Dem:Rep). Also, I don't think as many Dems will vote third-party or stay home like they did before, and, again, a small fraction of third-party votes in those three states would have swung if for Hillary had they voted for her.

I think it's going to be a race, and Trump could lose this time (though, as I said, if I had to bet today I'd bet on him).

chuck356

BAMF
You know, it's all about your point of view. You have the left, who believes in change, and the right, who want to stay just as the Constitution reads. We all know somewhere in the middle is the hot setup, but how in the hell do we get there, and how far do we waiver to either side? Politicians today are dishonest, ego-mongers who are out to rape and pillage the people they serve. We have a man in there today who does not view our government from a political stance, he views it as running a business, from a common sense view. And it is working well.
So where do we go from here (Allen Parson song comes to mine), our nation is soooo fucking divided? Shit, this board is quite divided as well, follow and political thread and you will see. I think this country almost needs to break into 2-4 different counties as there seems to be no consensus on what is correct. Who the fuck knows. I wish everybody would take my view: I just want to do at least one thing positive for the world around me today.

quiver

BAMF
trump is not a professional politician, a business man and entertainer.
bankrupt, fuck ups and still donates his salary.

biden has been there 50 years and shit is still broken.

my brother was one of those people who loved to argue.
he would have argued with a tree stump.
it meant that you were listening and paying attention to him.
kind of a little power trip.
of course being the youngest of 5 kids, I was his baby sister. I knew the factory installed buttons.
so I would ignore him. no matter how loud or outrageous he could be.
it was the worst thing ever for him. he was 39 when he died.
I can't tell you what I would give to be around him if he was well, even if he was still quibbling.
it doesn't work that way.

suffice it to say, I know it when I see it.
trump has everyone listening but no one hears.

Last edited:

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
So in reading a CNN article about Pelosi's "endgame" I read this:

What's Nancy Pelosi's endgame? (opinion) - CNN

Even Trump, who has failed to give Pelosi one of his famous nicknames, has said, "I don't think she's scared of anything. I think she's a smart woman and I think she knows exactly what she's doing." It is likely that Trump understands that she might very well be the most formidable opponent that he has faced.

Of course, a little fact checking:

List of nicknames used by Donald Trump - Wikipedia

High Tax, High Crime Nancy Pelosi
MS-13 Lover Nancy Pelosi
Crazy Nancy
Nervous Nancy

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
...and it's been reported that there's a potential second whistleblower from the intelligence community who may file a report) or uncover something else big we haven't seen yet.
Second whistleblower: Lawyer says he represents second whistleblower on Trump's Ukraine actions - CNNPolitics

The lawyer for the first intelligence whistleblower who came forward with accusations concerning President Donald Trump and his interactions with Ukraine said Sunday he is representing a second whistleblower regarding the President's actions.

Attorney Mark Zaid confirmed to CNN that he and other lawyers on his team are now representing the second person, who has first-hand knowledge that supports claims made by the first whistleblower. Zaid told CNN that the second whistleblower works in the intelligence community and has spoken to the intelligence community's inspector general, but has not filed their own complaint and doesn't need to as anyone who speaks to inspector watchdog is considered to have made a protected disclosure and is a whistleblower under law.

Attorney Andrew Bakaj, also representing the whistleblowers, tweeted Sunday, "I can confirm that my firm and my team represent multiple whistleblowers in connection to the underlying August 12, 2019, disclosure to the Intelligence Community Inspector General. No further comment at this time."

Bakaj would not provide further details about how many people he and his colleagues are representing regarding the matter. Bakaj said right now there is just one complaint filed with the inspector general and that is including information from both persons.

OP
OP
luckystrike

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Despite my posts about #TRUMP2020 being in the bag...

...I do fear that EW will be the next POTUS

And I never pay retail...we all have a little bit of Jew inside all of us (and I don't mean in the Terry_Schiavo Terry_Schiavo on a Grindr date kind of way)

Ren

BAM
Website
www.fortunecity.com
Who cares? It is still the same fricking phone call with the same fricking transcript. This is so hilarious.

Second whistleblower: Lawyer says he represents second whistleblower on Trump's Ukraine actions - CNNPolitics

The lawyer for the first intelligence whistleblower who came forward with accusations concerning President Donald Trump and his interactions with Ukraine said Sunday he is representing a second whistleblower regarding the President's actions.

Attorney Mark Zaid confirmed to CNN that he and other lawyers on his team are now representing the second person, who has first-hand knowledge that supports claims made by the first whistleblower. Zaid told CNN that the second whistleblower works in the intelligence community and has spoken to the intelligence community's inspector general, but has not filed their own complaint and doesn't need to as anyone who speaks to inspector watchdog is considered to have made a protected disclosure and is a whistleblower under law.

Attorney Andrew Bakaj, also representing the whistleblowers, tweeted Sunday, "I can confirm that my firm and my team represent multiple whistleblowers in connection to the underlying August 12, 2019, disclosure to the Intelligence Community Inspector General. No further comment at this time."

Bakaj would not provide further details about how many people he and his colleagues are representing regarding the matter. Bakaj said right now there is just one complaint filed with the inspector general and that is including information from both persons.

BigGar

high on placebo
I think they can have 100 whistleblowers whining about whatever Trump suggested the Ukrainians do. It doesn't fucking matter unless he's on the phone telling them to assassinate a political rival. I can't really wrap my head around why threatening to withhold aid in order to prompt an investigation into political corruption is even a bad thing if that is actually what took place. If it is against the law, it shouldn't be and I can't gin up any fucks about it regardless.

Democrats are winning what? Sore losers of all time award...

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
if they want to do a fair investigation I'm all for it. But there are rules when you go after someone for a crime. We'll see if the Democrats will call a vote on it and make a formal hearing. Right now the Republicans are saying that they can not call witnesses, subpoena, question, or other wise investigate. Maybe a one sided investigation is going to win people over. Secret witnesses, closed door hearings. Thats something to stand on.

He's the one having meltdowns and throwing everyone under the bus like some rat. They are calm cool and collective. The thin skinned one is shortening his life expectancy with all the stress and threats. I guess I have mistaken his followers to care if he lives past 2024, or remains a free man after 2024, or maybe 2020.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
You know, it's all about your point of view. You have the left, who believes in change, and the right, who want to stay just as the Constitution reads. We all know somewhere in the middle is the hot setup, but how in the hell do we get there, and how far do we waiver to either side? Politicians today are dishonest, ego-mongers who are out to rape and pillage the people they serve. We have a man in there today who does not view our government from a political stance, he views it as running a business, from a common sense view. And it is working well.
So where do we go from here (Allen Parson song comes to mine), our nation is soooo fucking divided? Shit, this board is quite divided as well, follow and political thread and you will see. I think this country almost needs to break into 2-4 different counties as there seems to be no consensus on what is correct. Who the fuck knows. I wish everybody would take my view: I just want to do at least one thing positive for the world around me today.
Not to worry, I see us all as more alike than different from where I'm standing/looking from.
Sure philosophies differ but, after watching a bit of Jordan B. Peterson recently I've come to the idea that we do need each other, as we balance each other out.

I know that assholes are assholes no matter what flag they fly or what their personal belief systems are or aren't.

The vast majority here are good people...
...crazy as fuck with some leaning a little more toward insane than others but not quite ass over tea kettle yet or we'd never have heard from them in the first place.
Most I can agree with on some levels and a couple that are so busy convincing themselves that chaos is the way, miss the boat on being reasonable...
...but that doesn't mean they should be relegated to the shit heap or even shown the door.
We all need to be shown the differences but, none of us needs to be told what we should like or dislike.

Everyone here knows right from wrong and what is working for them.

No, I say it's good to be alive and witnessing life as we are here.

With luck and a little effort, we'll all get just exactly what we need in life.

No long hot showers into the wee hours of the morning together though.

I'll leave that kind of extracurricular nocturnal actively to Schiavo.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
He's the one having meltdowns and throwing everyone under the bus like some rat. They are calm cool and collective. The thin skinned one is shortening his life expectancy with all the stress and threats. I guess I have mistaken his followers to care if he lives past 2024, or remains a free man after 2024, or maybe 2020.
he is certainly thin skinned

hedgehog

BAMF
if they want to do a fair investigation I'm all for it. But there are rules when you go after someone for a crime. We'll see if the Democrats will call a vote on it and make a formal hearing. Right now the Republicans are saying that they can not call witnesses, subpoena, question, or other wise investigate. Maybe a one sided investigation is going to win people over. Secret witnesses, closed door hearings. Thats something to stand on.
I’ve been hearing this a lot from republicans. The thing I can’t make my mind up about is if they are truly ignorant about how the impeachment process works, or they are trying to promote outrage amongst their base.

Of course they can’t call witnesses. This is because it is the investigative part of the process (maybe they don’t remember the investigation into bill clinton), and as such this is looking to see if a potentially impeachable offense has been committed.

If the investigation shows that there possibly is grounds for impeachment, then a vote is taken and if it recommends impeachment, then it moves to an impeachment trial in the senate where they can call as many witnesses,serve subpoenas and question as many people as they desire.

This is the way it works, and always has. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous to say the very least.

The letter added: "In any event, the American people understand that Chairman Schiff cannot covertly assist with the submission of a complaint, mislead the public about his involvement, read a counterfeit version of the call to the American people, and then pretend to sit in judgment as a neutral 'investigator.'"

pimpslayer

BAMF+
If the investigation shows that there possibly is grounds for impeachment, then a vote is taken and if it recommends impeachment, then it moves to an impeachment trial in the senate where they can call as many witnesses,serve subpoenas and question as many people as they desire.

A-a-a-nd the Senate is where it will die.

So let's get it over with in the next month or so and He can get back to running the country while He runs for re-election.

Everyone out here in flyover territory is still aware of "Pocahontas" and despise her, and the Dems better find someone better than what has been waved around in front of us for the last couple months.

Smells like dead fish over there...

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I’ve been hearing this a lot from republicans. The thing I can’t make my mind up about is if they are truly ignorant about how the impeachment process works, or they are trying to promote outrage amongst their base.

Of course they can’t call witnesses. This is because it is the investigative part of the process (maybe they don’t remember the investigation into bill clinton), and as such this is looking to see if a potentially impeachable offense has been committed.

This is the way it works, and always has. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous to say the very least.
Maybe you don't remember but with Clinton they voted for an impeachment hearing which allowed both sides rights to investigate, call witnesses, cross examine, subpoena, etc. before they called vote on impeaching him. Investigating means talking to people. They are called witnesses. You look at the credibility of their statements. They did the same with Nixon. One Democratic and one Republican. Its a long standing precedent. Both sides examine the case.

If they are so sure about their votes then they should have no fear of this. Hold a vote to officially open an impeachment investigation. That should be pretty easy. Pelosi wants to skip this part. I don't blame her, the Russian Spy deal fell apart when they had an independent investigation. Everyone said wait till the Mueller report comes out. Then when it came out they said it doesn't count.

There are two sides to everything. Congress has to decide if there is evidence to go forward. You don't roll the bullshit wagon into the Senate and say here you figure it out. Part of the process is the validity of the evidence. We already saw the Russia deal. Impeachment is a very serious deal, not something one party or the next just throws against the wall to see what sticks. I'm all for both sides presenting their case so I guess we differ on that.

Last edited:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Well if Crooked Hillary runs...

She might have a good chance...

Of crying a second time, lol.
You know she would get her best assassins on the job.
I said she and Kamalla would get the nod for the run...

but i can't see them winning even with the fucked up voting machines that sorro's people put into play last time around and hopefully will not be a factor this time around...

Top Bottom