I'm almost done with roasted turkey #5, cheaper than steak

Since I've been on my diet as of Nov 1 2021, I've been buying Turkey about 15-20 lbs and making my own stuffing, and after roasting the turkey I split the meat up into white meat, brown meat, stuffing, bones and left over crap goes into a large pot for turkey bone soup.

I have turkey number 6 in the freezer

Each turkey last about a week to two week and it's enough meat for my dog, parrots and I, and the turkey is cheap at Target about $20 for 20 lb. It's a lot cheaper than when I was buying ribeye roast at Costco between $89-102 and that meat would last a whole week at one steak per day while the turkey meat I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner or as snack.

Tonight is special I'm getting dungeness crab.

Stetson

BAMF+
I'd put a gun in my mouth before I ate turkey for two months straight. Not a big fan. Thanksgiving is the only time I eat it, and if my mother in law cooked something else that day, I'd happily eat it.

If you're on a diet, you ought to skip the stuffing, unless you're talking about something other than a bread-based stuffing.

Enjoy that crab. Fuck turkey, eat fish. :up:

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
The air fryer seems to do a better job of not making the white meat dry.

Too much cooked turkey is bad for your dog.
Our dogs don't eat cooked turkey... they eat raw. They can also have the bones if they aren't cooked.

Jailer

BAMF
Now get you a grinder and vac sealer. Buy that turkey cheap, de bone, grind and vac pac it and put it away in the freezer. Use it in anything you use regular burger for. I used to eat a lot of ground turkey when I was watching my weight real close and it was always cheaper than beef.

I still do the same with chicken. Buy it on sale and grind some to freeze and can some to use in various recipes.

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
I wish a nice pot roast was the Thanksgiving tradition. Or tri-tip. Hell, a good meatloaf is better than turkey. Boring.
Hell, start your own tradition. My family has done all sorts of stuff over the years - ham, korean BBQ (sirloin tips?), roast.... salmon even made an appearance one year.

That's what cranberry sauce is for..(I don't like turkey)
It's always a dilemma to choose between cranberry sauce (preferably jelly, straight from the can to the plate, canned ridges and all) and gravy, since they go so well with turkey.

I usually compromise by drowning the mashed potatoes in gravy and heaping mounds of cranberry on the turkey.

kawachan

BAMF
Adjusted.

Wild turkey is so far beyond farm raised, it seems to be something completely different.

Battered and pan fried is a level beyond that.
I ate some cubed battered and fried FRESH wild turkey one night at work. It was pretty awesome!!

What I'm talking about is a whole fried turkey. Guy I know makes his own seasoning blend and injects them or whatever he does. I dropped off a thawed out turkey a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I worked off that morning at 4am and he text me telling me it was ready. O M G !! It was JUICY, TENDER, and DEEEEEELICIOUS. Still hot for our family Thanksgiving lunch.

I don't think I could eat one every week though😎

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I ate some cubed battered and fried FRESH wild turkey one night at work. It was pretty awesome!!

What I'm talking about is a whole fried turkey. Guy I know makes his own seasoning blend and injects them or whatever he does. I dropped off a thawed out turkey a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I worked off that morning at 4am and he text me telling me it was ready. O M G !! It was JUICY, TENDER, and DEEEEEELICIOUS. Still hot for our family Thanksgiving lunch.

I don't think I could eat one every week though😎
Oh yeah, the deep fried whole turkey is pretty fucking awesome stuff and I'm not sure I could risk doing that to a wild bird.

The battered wild turkey I was talking about was simple flour/egg wash/seasoned flour and pan fried pieces and I almost cried when it was gone.

So good.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
By the time the second turkey was finished, tofu would be an attractive source of protein.
A plateful of 4 day old cold leftover bluefish would be attractive.

Fish is on the menu more than bird meat here.

Since I've been on my diet as of Nov 1 2021, I've been buying Turkey about 15-20 lbs and making my own stuffing, and after roasting the turkey I split the meat up into white meat, brown meat, stuffing, bones and left over crap goes into a large pot for turkey bone soup.

I have turkey number 6 in the freezer

Each turkey last about a week to two week and it's enough meat for my dog, parrots and I, and the turkey is cheap at Target about $20 for 20 lb. It's a lot cheaper than when I was buying ribeye roast at Costco between $89-102 and that meat would last a whole week at one steak per day while the turkey meat I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner or as snack.

Tonight is special I'm getting dungeness crab.
Yes Sir-----you are a Kali Dude! Eat More Beef!

Top Bottom