idiot neighbor

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
So my idiot neighbor who lives about 700' away just got a harley...I guess. I could hear the guy yapping about it's a 1200 but its got stuff in it so it actually like more. Yes his fucking voice is loud enough that at 700+ feet away, I hear this bull shit. Then of course he proceeds to rip up and down the street, straight pipes, for 30 minutes. Comes back, yammering some more, back ripping up and down the street.

fuck I am getting intolerant....no...he's a idiot...I"m intolerant of idiots.

Vegas12

BAMF+
So my idiot neighbor who lives about 700' away just got a harley...I guess. I could hear the guy yapping about it's a 1200 but its got stuff in it so it actually like more. Yes his fucking voice is loud enough that at 700+ feet away, I hear this bull shit. Then of course he proceeds to rip up and down the street, straight pipes, for 30 minutes. Comes back, yammering some more, back ripping up and down the street.

Maybe he's getting back at you for leaving his last bike out in the rain at the junkyard??

Oh shit, I double checked the OP......this isn't grumpaw's thread.

Nevermind.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Do the "Jew kick my dog?" routine with him, after the initial shocked looked, let him off with an I'm only joking...

...then kill him, with a spork.

CID

BAMF+
I like the idea of riding with him.... Not sure if leading him into a few corners beyond his capabilities would be gentlemanly though.

Dameon

BAMF+
Take him riding.....preach that he should ride his own ride, even pass you if he feels up to it. Then you won't feel bad when he stuffs it trying to follow you around.
Yep. Solution of the day.

On the flip side, idiot or not, he is a fellow motorcyclist. I have a tough time riding with the Harley guys, but sometimes I do. Usually charity poker runs or whatever. The whole "mentality" of the crowd... the do-rags, the rub-on tattoos, the little fairy bells, the facial scowl, the ridiculous bike mods... straight pipes that add HP even though they haven't retuned for the change, the air box covers that are shaped like a serious impalement weapon. Yeah, I think I am getting more intolerant in my old age.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
I don't understand why anyone would want to ride a bike up and down the same street for an hour. People here do it all the time. I want to actually RIDE...

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I left out the part where he sits at his house revving it up over and over. It's been a day, I"m sure it's broken by now.

I have nothing against Harleys. I had one for a while. I liked it. Shook like crazy but I rode it a lot.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor

I know what you mean.

Got a neighbor here with a first gen grand cherokee SRT8.. that thing has got straight pipes no cat exhaust in the back..damn its loud.. just idling it pisses off everybody..the guy is in his 30s and he doesnt even drive in winter..who buys a GC and dont winter drive it ??

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I've considered getting a Harley again. I liked my last one. Didn't care for the people who told me how I needed to conduct my self when I rode it. I can't stand the side by side parade thing, and I like wearing my helmet.

Stetson

BAMF+
I don't understand why anyone would want to ride a bike up and down the same street for an hour. People here do it all the time. I want to actually RIDE...
When I was messing with that goddamn Chinese carb I bought for my old Honda C70, I made a lot of wide open, back and forth passes in front of the neighbor's house. I doubt they even noticed. :frown2:

Maybe Maui's neighbor doesn't have plates yet.

Last edited:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Side by side riding earned me a crashed bike, dislocated shoulder, and a tweaked ankle.

I preached a staggered position for years afterward.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Also, with all the good looking harleys being made now with the big torquey engines, I've changed my thinking.

I used to believe the sporty 800 was the girls bike and the 1200 was the guys.

Now I think all sportsters are the girls bike.

I mean get a soft tail at least!

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Had a softtail, I would probably avoid that again. On the 1200's theres a couple that I think are pretty decent until I sit on one then the feeling goes away pretty quickly.

My buddy had a road king, I could probably ride that. Pretty much give up on the idea of performance.

I tried the cruiser thing last in 07(?) I think when I bought a Yamaha Warrior. I thought at least it had power...I was wrong. It sucked.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I look at the Harley website from time to time. I just don't get motivated by any of the current line up. I used to be able to pic out a couple I would want to ride....that happens less now. I think they're just designing for a different demographic them I fit into

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
I can deal with the slow, there's a time and place for everything and the power delivery may be boring but the defects in the design make it seem, I dunno..you are still on a motorcycle. If your lawn tractor did 50mph there would be some excitement there, that's a Harley to me. I've ridden thousands of them.

Dameon

BAMF+
who buys a GC and dont winter drive it ??
Grand Cherokee SRT8 isn't much of a "truck". My Uncle has one and it says in the manual "no towing". No spot for a hitch and no approved methods for mounting a hitch. AWD, not 4x4. Low and wide. Really just a big sports car. It's really quick though. I enjoy driving his around.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
If you read what I initially posted, my intolerance is for idiots, not for the bike.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Grand Cherokee SRT8 isn't much of a "truck". My Uncle has one and it says in the manual "no towing". No spot for a hitch and no approved methods for mounting a hitch. AWD, not 4x4. Low and wide. Really just a big sports car. It's really quick though. I enjoy driving his around.
Yeah but its got good clearance and awd... so its a good winter car

Dameon

BAMF+
Yeah but its got good clearance and awd... so its a good winter car
It is a good bit lower than a normal Grand Cherokee and wears wide performance tires. That, and 475 hp, probably would make it a task.

My Tesla was presented with a rare opportunity 2 years ago to drive in "snow"... kinda like semi-frozen misty rain. That's about the worse we get in Southern LA. It did surprisingly poor. The AWD tried its best, but the instant torque and Pilot Sports had me all over the road. I normally wouldn't have driven in such inclement conditions, but I was caught out in it.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
It is a good bit lower than a normal Grand Cherokee and wears wide performance tires. That, and 475 hp, probably would make it a task.

My Tesla was presented with a rare opportunity 2 years ago to drive in "snow"... kinda like semi-frozen misty rain. That's about the worse we get in Southern LA. It did surprisingly poor. The AWD tried its best, but the instant torque and Pilot Sports had me all over the road. I normally wouldn't have driven in such inclement conditions, but I was caught out in it.
First thing is winter tires.. REAL winter tire make all the diffrence compared to 4 season ones.. if i drive my G37 awd on summer tires in winter i'll get the same result as you did..

As for the grand cherokee srt8 in winter.. it cant be as bas as an awd car.. its low but still does the job very nicely..

I cant see a reason not to drive a GC str8 in winter here. Hell i would.. even if they are aweful on gas

Hapo

Dog Boy
...this is so true...I used to deck out my 5.0 Mustangs with Good Year studded M+S tires on all four corners and 300 lbs of sand in the trunk and go pull "Jeeps" out of the ditch...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
I never had a car with TCS (traction control system), but my wife has it on her 2012 Ford Fusion. It's also the only FWD car on our property.

I didn't notice it until she accidentally hit the button to turn it off one day while she was digging around in a cubby hole at the front of the shifter console. The button sits right above the cubby hole, but at the bottom of a stack of heater buttons and seat heater buttons. It lit up a "TCS" light on the dash, so I investigated...
I got the chance to play with it after our next ice/snow storm. Her car is now my go-to car in seriously inclement weather. :up:

I still like driving my Crown Vic better during clear weather or light snow...:wink2:

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I never had a car with TCS (traction control system), but my wife has it on her 2012 Ford Fusion. It's also the only FWD car on our property.

I didn't notice it until she accidentally hit the button to turn it off one day while she was digging around in a cubby hole at the front of the shifter console. The button sits right above the cubby hole, but at the bottom of a stack of heater buttons and seat heater buttons. It lit up a "TCS" light on the dash, so I investigated...
I got the chance to play with it after our next ice/snow storm. Her car is now my go-to car in seriously inclement weather. :up:

I still like driving my Crown Vic better during clear weather or light snow...:wink2:
Always got tcs off on my car even if its awd.. drifting at everycorner :up:

Stetson

BAMF+
At least on a 2014 F150, if you push the button once, it will turn off TCS, and you can spin your tires in a straight line. If you want to release your inner Ken Block, you have to hold it down for 5 seconds or something, and it will disable the "Stabilitrak" stability control, enabling hooniganism. It re-engages automatically above 30 mph, though. It's also automatically disabled in 4wd low.

Top Bottom