I think I want a Buell Ulysses

whipit1K

BAMF

It is close enough to me if anyone wants me to check it out
wow a 10 model? I thought they pulled the plug in 09? or was it 11? somewhere in there. That bike has multiple evolutionary refinements over my 06. Anyone who is interested in a comfortable, sporty, cool/odd machine, I recommend the Uly....with what little Uly experience I have

Jeff1216

BAMF
wow a 10 model? I thought they pulled the plug in 09? or was it 11? somewhere in there. That bike has multiple evolutionary refinements over my 06. Anyone who is interested in a comfortable, sporty, cool/odd machine, I recommend the Uly....with what little Uly experience I have

I just sent him an email .... I am going to try and check it out today after lunch. Will update after I eyeball it

whipit1K

BAMF
And so here we are, post purchase going over and maintenance complete (new front tire, new rear wheel bearings (precautionary), fixed minor oil line seepage, oil and filter change, trans oil change, primary adjustment, etc). This thing is kind of a crash course on HD maintenance for me.

I have removed the burly Caribou bags and mounting system and will be selling them

I have a couple hundred miles on it- it is a very interesting bike, if not a ball of fire. It's not slow. Pretty much everything I hoped it would be. Of course, being used to nicely balanced engines that run like clockwork, the HD still looks like it is about to blow up at idle....yet it smooths out nicely as the rev's climb. The muffler has been modded by a company called "drummer" and is essentially converted into an aftermarket straight through. This bike also has a huge K&N in place of the stock filter and the Buell race ECU. I think it is a good setup, lots of fun.

thumbnail - 2021-03-03T214846.186.jpg

whipit1K

BAMF
I have a line on another 2006 model that looks like my black bike pictured above. 8000 miles (!!) totally original....rare find. $4k. in CT. anyone interested r should I buy another one!!!???

whipit1K

BAMF
Ugly is in?
I kinda like it.
Maybe if a rider has had a lot of really fantastic looking bikes, a frumpy bike starts to look interesting....thus my Ulysses purchase lol

whipit1K

BAMF
S10. totally underrated bike. I would probably buy another one to travel the world...if I ever did anything cool like that...

Top Bottom