I need you guys to send me some new ducks.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I'm down to one Mallard drake, something happened to his buddy last week, something must have got him. At one time, I had at least twenty of them out there.

There are a couple guest ducks that fly in almost everyday, but they leave before dark. Mr. Mallard is lonely at night, and during the day until the guest ducks fly in. When he's alone, he's always on edge, when his guests fly in, he's a lot calmer, you can tell by the way he sits and naps. At night he's was pretty nervous, I built him a floating duck dock in the middle of the pond so he's safe from bobcats, raccoons and what ever else it out there at night. I guess a giant owl could scoop down, maybe it needs a roof. But he sits on it until daylight surrounded by his own private moat.

So, send me some duck chicks, the more exotic, the better.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...maybe you should figger where they are going before you just feed more ducks to something...

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

...maybe you should figger where they are going before you just feed more ducks to something...
They kill each other. Then Inbreeding. Then the nests get raided by raccoons and stuff and just fizzle out. I had a good 15 year run without any fresh meat brought in. Started out with just a male and female pair, all the ducks were from the original pair.

Just took this picture a few minutes ago from a 150 feet away with the sun in the lens, so it sucks. But hoping the females eventually stick around and have some chicks.

DSC_6671.JPG

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Go down to your local sporting goods store and buy some decoys. Decoys attract other ducks.

Spread them out. Ducks close together signals danger. Ducks spread out mean no danger.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
You know they don't mail too well.

What I could do is send you some duck tape that you could use on the visitors to make them stick around.
Would that be okay?

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Go down to your local sporting goods store and buy some decoys. Decoys attract other ducks.

Spread them out. Ducks close together signals danger. Ducks spread out mean no danger.

Maybe I should just go all decoys. Just need to freshen up their paint every few years.

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

You know they don't mail too well.

What I could do is send you some duck tape that you could use on the visitors to make them stick around.
Would that be okay?
There's a place the mails them, they claim close to 100% survival rate in the mail. You have to pick them up at the post office within hours or minutes.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Is there a swan near by?

I was walking my dog near a lake with a GF a bunch of years back.. nice setting on a perfect day when we came upon a slighter scene.. a swan had trapped baby ducks in a small cove at the edge of the lake.. the swan was drowning the ducklings one by one as the mother duck sat hopelessly looking on. The swan already killed three ducks and had another one in its beak sticking under water. It was a nature at work but swan are no match for an Alpha German shepherd that swims better then he runs.

I sent the dog in mid jump he mad contact with the swan and all three went under water briefly.. first the baby duck popped up.. then the swan followed by a large open jaw line of teeth trying to rescue the swan.. the swan quickly retreated across the lake.

. as I called the dog back I noticed the Momma duck trying to gather her dead babies up. We stayed a while but the momma duck never left her floating dead babies.... the 3 others just kept real tight to her body.. lesson Swans will kill anything that might take its resource

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Is there a swan near by?

I was walking my dog near a lake with a GF a bunch of years back.. nice setting on a perfect day when we came upon a slighter scene.. a swan had trapped baby ducks in a small cove at the edge of the lake.. the swan was drowning the ducklings one by one as the mother duck sat hopelessly looking on. The swan already killed three ducks and had another one in its beak sticking under water. It was a nature at work but swan are no match for an Alpha German shepherd that swims better then he runs.

I sent the dog in mid jump he mad contact with the swan and all three went under water briefly.. first the baby duck popped up.. then the swan followed by a large open jaw line of teeth trying to rescue the swan.. the swan quickly retreated across the lake.

. as I called the dog back I noticed the Momma duck trying to gather her dead babies up. We stayed a while but the momma duck never left her floating dead babies.... the 3 others just kept real tight to her body.. lesson Swans will kill anything that might take its resource
Have big ass herons, they ignore the ducks. No swans, swans will attack humans.
Ducklings are turtle poppers. I'd see the little thing swimming around and one would just disappear under the water, I assume it was the turtles. So then I put a kiddy pool out back with a ramp into it and out of it, that solved that problem.
By the way, ducklings should not be in the water for very long, if at all the first few days or so, it's not good for them, they haven't gotten waterproofed yet.

BigHock

BAMF
A floating bar next to the floating dock would bring in more ducks. You may have to get a couple geese for muscle though. Those black ducks like to party.

Snoop said it best...

“I got some ducks in the back yard gettn’ It on, and they ain’t leaving till six in mornin’!”

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
These good enough?

Fancy Duck Package

This rare and unusual package of ducklings will consist of at least 4 different varieties taken from this list of ducks: Cayuga, Blue or Black Swedish, Buff, Khaki Campbell, Gold Star, White Crested, Welsh Harlequin, Fawn & White, Blue, Black & chocolate Runners, Flying Mallards. Remember, it is our choice of breeds from this list but we’re sure that you will love having this unusual assortment around the homestead.

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

These good enough?

Fancy Duck Package

This rare and unusual package of ducklings will consist of at least 4 different varieties taken from this list of ducks: Cayuga, Blue or Black Swedish, Buff, Khaki Campbell, Gold Star, White Crested, Welsh Harlequin, Fawn & White, Blue, Black & chocolate Runners, Flying Mallards. Remember, it is our choice of breeds from this list but we’re sure that you will love having this unusual assortment around the homestead.
When can I expect them?

Z

BAMF+
I looked fer sum,, at da local rural king da other day,, :wink2:

but all dey had, wuz a shitload of,,,, all different kinds,,, of baby chicks. :confused2:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I don't see any wood ducks offered there.

I think it would be funny as hell to have a 100 duckling delivered to your house.
You'd have to quit the junkyard to tend them...
...and then the neighbors would be bitching about the quacking and duck shit everywhere.

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Speaking of turtles, I spied one in the yard, I had to get a quick pic of it because they haul ass when they see a person. It's one I feed everyday, close to a 14 inch shell. I also found where it "sleeps" at night. It buries itself in the sand underwater in the pond and just sticks it's snout up far enough to catch a breath every now and then. DSC_6672.JPG DSC_6675.JPG

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

I don't see any wood ducks offered there.

I think it would be funny as hell to have a 100 duckling delivered to your house.
You'd have to quit the junkyard to tend them...
...and then the neighbors would be bitching about the quacking and duck shit everywhere.
I'm surprised they didn't panic during the bird flu scare a few years ago.

ZX11 Man

BAMF
I wish it was as easy as mailing ducks to you, we need to trim the herd something terrible around here. I have, give or take, 50-75 ducks.. Right now the geese have discovered the ducks food. The geese don't usually stick around once it gets warm but yesterday I had at least 150, maybe 200 geese in the backyard. My broken beak duck that I have brought back to life a coupla times could give a fuck about those geese, when its feeding time, he barges right in and eats.
The geese make a deafening sound flying away once my Australian Shepherd decides they need to go back to the lake. Willow never really bothered with the geese unless I told her to, that is until one of the adult geese decided to square up to her one day. She called his bluff and now anytime they spot her, even looking out the window, its a goose honking-fest out in the field.
The Australian Shepherd wont mess with the ducks unless they come in the front yard. If I don't feed them exactly the same time every evening they come around and peck on my front door, Willow doesn't like that and will herd them together and walk them back to the backyard out by the lake, but she wont hurt them.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
Fucking city folk on this board.

:retard:

The ducks are all flying north. If your drake wants to stay in Ché Grumpville that's fine but everyone else is haded north. As it should be.

Set your oscilloscope to Google: Avian Migration for further details.

BilletMan

BAMF+
You can, indeed, order ducks online....they'll send you chicks for not a lot of money....my neighbor ordered some....google it!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Tony has 20 decoys and a feeder at his shop he selling.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I forget who it was I used to buy chicks from but they will deliver duckings right to your door...all kinds of'm...

Hapo

Dog Boy
..I am liking these Welsh Harliquins...
1552347815199.png

Hapo

Dog Boy
...you might be out of luck with Mallards...

Murray McMurray Hatchery - Flying Mallard Ducks

permit is required for shipping Mallards into Florida. Please contact your fish and game department for the necessary paperwork and permit number. You will need to provide us with this number before we ship the ducklings.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...they might have a different perspective than you...
Mallard

What a treat it is to see these brightly colored ducks winging about your yard. The color pattern is the same as Rouens but Mallards are much smaller and the meat has a gamey taste not found in domestic ducks.
The Mallards will average 2-2.5 lbs.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...running low on Welsh Harlequins...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I am more of a chicken guy...they are much more violent than ducks...

1552348921939.png

Hapo

Dog Boy
...these are one of my favorite breeds...only two left...
1552349063671.png

...Columbian Wyandotte...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...love these bantams...sold out...
1552349196295.png

Hapo

Dog Boy
….still looking for wood ducks...first thing I thought of...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...anyways, there are guys that will send you ducks...probably not lab rats, though...

ZX11 Man

BAMF
My ducks biggest adversary is the turtles in the lake. There is a young red-tailed hawk thats been hanging around a lot since he noticed how big the menu is around here. I havent seen him get anything yet but I can always tell when the hawk is nearby because the ducks are no where to be found.

Top Bottom