I mean, it's just a movie, right?

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
What do you think should be done about the mass shooting thing? Or do you think something even needs to be done?
If I knew the answer I'd certainly tell the world. I'm guessing it's not one answer, but probably a hundred answers.

Mental health certainly comes to mind. What's going on in America that makes these little depressed faggots want to kill random people?

Beats me.

It's called an automobile, and it can easily be driven into a crowd of people..
So why don't they? Why aren't they renting a pick up truck or taking their moms Chevy Beretta and wheeling into crowds of people?

We both know the answer to this.

, restricting the guns I own, or the automobiles I own isn't going to decrease crime one bit, BECAUSE I'M NOT A FUCKING LUNATIC.
It may not decrease crime per se (guns don't cause crime, right?), but it will certainly change the way they are perpetrated, and ultimately, save lives (assuming no black market and all those hypothetical things). I'm not advocating for a complete gun ban or even saying it's remotely realistic BTW, but I'm not so biased as to not see the effects.

What's going on in America that makes these little depressed faggots want to kill random people?
Another good question, no clear answer. The psychological profile seems to have a common pattern: angry males, not very successful in life (in their view), feels like society is out to get them, powerless and no way to be "normal", might as well go out with a bang. The internet absolutely plays a role in radicalizing these fucks - they hang out on 4chan or whatever their preferred internet cave is, connect and commiserate with others and it becomes a reinforcing feedback loop that spirals out of control. Where we spend our time and who we spend it with has a tremendous effect on our life, our outlook, our career success. There's a statistic that your salary is the average of your 5 closest friends. Or something. These niche internet communities didn't exist 25 years ago, let alone 40-50 years ago - they were far less accessible.

Plus, I kind of get the feeling that as a society, young folks have an increasing view that they have less control over their lives than in decades past, which doesn't bode well. This last bit is purely a guess though.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
The psychological profile seems to have a common pattern: angry males, not very successful in life (in their view), feels like society is out to get them, powerless and no way to be "normal"
And his name is Ro$$ :)

Talk about a guy that shouldn't own a gun.

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Not a "direct" rip off. It's a twist on a similar story line.
Is it fuck! Same thing, change the protagonist into a white woman to try and create some distance from the original and give her some disposable friends so there can be even more gory and different killings. What is the betting they have a 'trophy room'.

Even tracks back the central bad character to her office, just like Ice T did to Rutger Hauer.

It's the same fucking film with a tart for the lead...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
1932, "The Most Dangerous Game"

It's been done a few times...

OP
rumble phish

rumble phish

BAMF+
RP, how do you feel about the movie being cancelled? Warm and gooey inside?
I don't really care either way. As I stated in the titling of my post, it's just a movie. I simply posted the story to get the shit stirred, and y'all didn't disappoint.

Back to my popcorn.

AD .. when there are no guns, these afflicted people will find other means, there will always be the option of clubs and stones, hate and death will find a way ..
Yes, that's exactly the point - you're not going to be able to kill 50+ people and injure 400 more with a club.

Rocco

BAM
when there are no guns, these afflicted people will find other ways * hate and death will find a way ..

Yep, like the 300 killed at the Alferd P. Murrah building with fucking fertilizer. Ingenuity hasn't entered the picture yet, because the copy cat's are following easy and effective plans, they have already seen used . Give the smart ones a need to find new ways and they will.

Yep, like the 300 killed at the Alferd P. Murrah building with fucking fertilizer. Ingenuity hasn't entered the picture yet, because the copy cat's are following easy and effective plans, they have already seen used . Give the smart ones a need to find new ways and they will.
So the question is: what do we do about the spate of mass shootings? Or is there no need to take action?

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
You gonna take action on the 50 people dying daily in car accidents?

Or the 13-15 ppl shot in Chicago every weekend?

If you can't figure out the difference between shootings and car accidents, then this whole thing is lost on you and you make gun owners look ignorant.

As far as chicago, that's a poverty thing, lack of resources, lack of stable environment, lack of positive influences. Guns aren't the issue here, but it certainly amplifies it x1000. Gun grabbers don't care, it's easier to snatch guns than to fix the underlying issue that is Chicago inner city.

What are YOUR suggestions?

Last edited:

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
people are fucked up.

it's a reflection of society.

how do you fix that? Who knows? Heres some things I'd be curious to see the results of:

Reinvest in the idea of families via education.
Get rid of Clintons sentencing guidelines that disproportionally hit minorities, killing the family unit.
Educate people on the dangers of losing a sense of reality in video games.
Invest in the social benefits of sports.
Invest in young people having social interaction in sciences, arts or other things the non athletic people might succeed at.
Allow for critical thinking (v heard mentality) by letting more then one view dominate our school systems.
Enforce the laws that are on the books already in regard to gun ownership (Like arresting Eric Holder lol).
Get the media to stop portraying 50% of the United States as the enemy of the other 50% of the United States.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
If you can't figure out the difference between shootings and car accidents, then this whole thing is lost on you and you make gun owners look ignorant.

As far as chicago, that's a poverty thing, lack of resources, lack of stable environment, lack of positive influences. Guns aren't the issue here, but it certainly amplifies it x1000. Gun grabbers don't care, it's easier to snatch guns than to fix the underlying issue that is Chicago inner city.

What are YOUR suggestions?
Already gave my suggestions
Investigate and convict the "helpers" in every case.
These acts are not happening without help.
Did you happen to catch the VERY FIRST interview of the black military guy at Walmart?
He saw 4 people dressed in black shooting ppl at will. When the police arrived on the scene, a white confused geek was found with an empty AK.

Investigation done, here's your crazy citizen with a legal gun, "we gotta do something about this crisis".

If you're dumb enough to believe this shit then you're a text book gov sheep.

Maui, good ideas there.

WP, not so much. If the illuminati wanted to ban guns, they could just do it outright.

Last edited:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
BB said it tasted quite nutty and rich so... You're in for a nice surprise Brokeback Mnt Soyboy

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
weren't most of these shooters on a watch list, or known to L.E. ? that's where this is falling apart, all these nuts on a list and they still shoot up the place, seems there's something at that point to reduce what's happening, someone is dropping the ball.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
weren't most of these shooters on a watch list, or known to L.E. ? that's where this is falling apart, all these nuts on a list and they still shoot up the place, seems there's something at that point to reduce what's happening, someone is dropping the ball.
El Paso shooters dad worked w the cia "in his past" and the son, the shooter even had a "surrogate" agent watching and guiding the kid.
As with most of these events, the psychos were more than well known to the authorities.

Yet, nobody mentions it......

BigGar

high on placebo
Firstly, in regards to mass shootings, just because I believe in unfettered access to firearms doesn't mean I'm remotely o.k. with these horrific events. Society needs to get very comfortable eliminating those who bring violence to innocents. Lot's the and lots of them. Quickly and without fame or fanfare. We need to be executing thousands and thousands of violent fuckwits every year and not just for murder.
In regards to the movie, from what I understand about it, the right is getting it all wrong. Are they hunting "deplorables"? Apparently yes. Elitist assholes are doing just that, but I believe the "hero" in the movie is one of the hunted that brings them all down. Haven't seen it, so I may be totally off base.

Top Bottom