I’ve got another pup that’s not gonna make the cut

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Thank you for that. I am guilty of trying to cuddle his fear. I'll stop that , and switch to a rope choker. I'm nervous about his habit of trying to eat everything he sees. We have destroying angel and fly agaricus mushrooms that would kill him.
Thanks again!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Ghost pepper is your friend to teach what he should not eat.

Try adding some green tripe made by solid gold to his diet if he is eating green plants. Dogs that look to eat plants usually have a nutrient diffenciency in their dits plan.

Or he like a lab who will eat envery damn thing just to eat.. ;)

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
What is very th ghost pepper? I'll need a lot of it because yes, Quest eats or chews every thing. He even has 2 special places where he eats dirt.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Ghost pepper is one of the hottest peppers out thee where gloves when mixing it in a spray bottle to spray on things you dont want eaten.

I have had sucess with a product called Phooey.

Bitter apple is also another product out there but i seen some dogs actually like the stuff and chewed even more. Although rare i have seen it.

This is leads to the LEAVE IT command. If im wakking past a steak tgat i left on the ground on a plate I expect my dog to also walk right past it.

To accomplish this i usually have some other person in the middle of a circle that offers the dog a distraction... i use a squeeky toy, bouncing ball, praise with the dogs name, and food. In different l.j eve l.j s of training. As i walk passed the person and my dog is on a choker with 6 foot lead the person offers him the distraction I say LEAVE IT and take a few fast steps .. not running just a quicker pace then running. If the dog stops the quick pace along with the choker will give the correction.. if that does not work.. i use a HIGHER treat then what is being offered by the oerson in the middle to LURE the dog.. I do that by keeping it an inch or two infront of his nose.. if he stops again the choker and leash will work as you again say l.j eave it... but this time as you get a quarter away from the person in the middle he gets the lure treat when he is looking at you walking at his side.. yes you can talk to your dog in the early stages so he remains in focus s po ecially with a puppy.

Top Bottom