I’ve got another pup that’s not gonna make the cut

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
very cool . i hope we get updates. Id love to be i a position or the mindset to run with a dog like him.

They are not for the average dog person and require a LOT of work, EVERY FUCKING DAY.

...if you don't work them hard enough all the time, they will find something to do...and you are not going to like it. (unless you like replacing furniture, carpet, drywall, etc. all the time)

gsteve

BAMF+
They are not for the average dog person and require a LOT of work, EVERY FUCKING DAY.

...if you don't work them hard enough all the time, they will find something to do...and you are not going to like it. (unless you like replacing furniture, carpet, drywall, etc. all the time)
I’ve seen a ton of vids and heard the stories. I’m just barely smart enough to know they are probably more than I’d be able to handle. Here’s my limit of “ killer”.

Attachments

OP
OptimusCrime
Mr Lucky im farther away than I’ve ever been, in the world of true working canines bred for and used solely for police and military special teams demand has so vastly outstripped supply that the inevitable drop in quality is, well..... inevitable.
I’ve been messing with these Dutch dogs since the very early 90’s and the type I love and live for are all but extinct, but extraordinary things do happen, and the replacement for this pup is just such an anomaly, he’s a titled and certified Dutch police dog in a large city who had to be pulled from the program due to civil aggression, the unit commander tells me the only handler on his team who can work him has cancer and he can’t take him because he has 3 at his home right now including his own police dog. So he called a guy I’ve been dealing with for about 16 years and as soon as he heard the story he called me. The dog is 4 so I will lose a big chunk of his prime window but if he can produce that will be a small trade off.

Attachments

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Drew this is why Lackland started their own breeding program ... but even their dogs are less then perfect. So many hands in the game now that I question is there true working dogs in work... the Dutchies are as good as it gets in the selection.

OP
OptimusCrime
Paul in the last ten years I’ve gotten a 90-10 pass fail ratio in selection testing dogs all over Europe not just holland, Holland is pretty much genetically bankrupt as far as tier one dogs go, the best you can hope for now is to catch those in that ten percent as young as possible or when they slip through the cracks like the one I mentioned, that requires a big network of people with eyes and ears in the community that know quality when they see it and that you can trust their word.

OP
OptimusCrime
My go to dog was another one that slipped through the cracks as another one that had to be pulled from the program for civil aggression, in that case he was sold to Swedish military and returned 2 months later, that’s when I got the call, he is not the strongest mal I’ve ever had and he’s not flawless like some I’ve had but he will die with me, a keeper, and I would bet my last shilling on what he will do in a real fight. 9B725A54-0FA9-461E-9AE2-3EAD5DEBA7C2.jpeg

your welcome to work him in the suit next Saturday if you want to feel him

BigBusa

BAMF+
If things take too long or fall through with MR, I'm just 90 mins west and would give him a great home. But you know this already. ;)

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Protection training sometimes looks worse to those that dont know.. now not getting vetenarian to help the dog when injured is a whole different story.

But on severe agression dogs you must become the foog GOD.

I see many mistakes in the training world. And every single trainer is different how they get the end result. A 100% positive trainer would think I'm a criminal on using a prong collar or electrics to tune a dog. Really comes down to the dog on what level and method of correction needed to produce a successful dog.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Drew, Rhino, are you familiar with the Volhard P.A.T. test?

OP
OptimusCrime
I’ve got some bitework video but I can’t post them from my phone that capability is not built in to the board software.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Drew, Rhino, are you familiar with the Volhard P.A.T. test?
I went to volhard and did a few weeks of seminars. A buddy SWEARS by it. Me not so much. Enviotmrmental, training methods, bloodlines, unseen health issues all play in the final product.

Snail

Curious about that. I picked up a Rott puppy, he was tested and scored a 3. Good temperament, (no more high drive dogs for me.) His name is Quest, and hes using my foot for a pillow.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Key to a social dog is meeting EVERYONE in EVERY Environment.. his natural guarding will all come natural later.. it's easy to make a dog protective ..have toned the opposite.

Snail

Mr. Lucky, 2 months ago I put Hook down, the hard way. I'm not comfortable discussing it.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Sad for that to have had to happen Snail but, glad you have a support puppy.

I've been by the local shelter a couple of times but, no joy yet.
Still haven't given up on picking up a pure bred puppy just yet...
...just can't do it, just yet.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
Dog did great for 10 hours in the car.
So far, so good (mostly) and only one fail.
Paul and I took him to Pet Smart to socialize and when Paul asked a guy to pet him, he tried to bite him.
Paul corrected him, but he will require a lot of socializing to fix this issue.
Also had no issue going up the stair, but didn't want anything to do with coming down.
Took some time, but before long he did it, but was a little stressed.
He is NOT house trained and already did both in the house (that can be fixed and will be fixed fast)

Murtle and him are getting along good so far...

Top Bottom