I’ve got another pup that’s not gonna make the cut

We’ve had some great success stories over the years with my dogs that fell short of my selection process but proved to be excellent home protectors and family to others.
This pup is ten months old, he is a malinois from knpv lines as always, both parents bred and born in Netherlands and imported to US as adults, father is a working police dog in Texas and mother has produced several working police dogs in each of her litters.
This guy was the best pup at 3 months and the biggest male, but as time has gone on it’s become clear at least at this point he doesn’t have the nerves I need to go further in his training, however, he is naturally dominant with people, has tons of prey drive, and will probably have plenty of man aggression by 18 months.
So he will require continued training and work to make him a quality addition to any household. This is no punk, he just doesn’t have the reckless nerves I’m looking for, but he is far from a shrinking violet.

Your Car Is Slow Your Car Is Slow im thinking this may be Devine intervention bro, what say you?
952D24C8-F15B-4DDA-8470-192420E1DD14.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OptimusCrime
I've been on the fence about this one for a while, he was showing classic environmental fear behavior at 7 months that would normally have bounced him then, but he made some major improvement in the last three months, enough that I figured I would give him until 12-14 months before I made a final decision. But a situation came up yesterday involving another dog in europe that I am going to need to jump on immediately or lose the chance, so I need this guy's enclosure for the new one asap. My caliber of dog has become so rare and so hard to find now, that when one surfaces, if your not ready to send funds and arrange transport in 24 hours they are GONE.

quiver

BAMF
he is absolutely gorgeous, hope you find the best home for him and his needs.
bored dogs can be destructive, as in finding out your pup is infantry (digging foxholes all over the yard) lol

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Whoah.

I wish I could take in a big dog right now.
I'm sure he'd get along great with Laguna but Ghost thinks he's a lot tougher than he actually is.
My two large dogs & one little dog + my roomates frenchie = full house.
Anyhow, I'm an untrained dog guy. I know your dog needs someone with discipline, who is going to be dominant 100% of the time.

A23

BAMF
I've decided my next dog will be a another Belgian or malinois.

My primary gunsm...err...breeder has shifted his focus to scent dogs, so getting a cast off from him is slim pickings nowadays...unless I want a spaniel.

I don't need (or want) a top level dog...I need a confident one.

Wish the timing was fight...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
What's the dogs name?
Trying to convince wife now that we need another dog.
There is nothing wrong with a chocolate lab we have and she is great, but I sure miss Diavlo...

Wonder if withholding sex will get her to say yes? :lol:

Do it! My little dog really misses Scooter Dog. He used to hang with her outside all day, now he just wants to go back inside. They used to dog around and nap with each other all day.
I need to find another dog, just not a big ass dog, more in the 40lbs range.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Do it! My little dog really misses Scooter Dog. He used to hang with her outside all day, now he just wants to go back inside. They used to dog around and nap with each other all day.
I need to find another dog, just not a big ass dog, more in the 40lbs range.
there was a time i thought a 70 lb dog was small...

then Hapo hooked me up with Tutto and changed all my perceptions of 4 legged friends,

Anywhere Anik calls home will be well taken care of no doubt :up:

CZLoco

It says something that your previous "fails" have totally won over their eventual owners so much that they want more.

I've been wracking my brain to try and think of a way to get this pup into my household.
He'd have a good life, a very good life.
It would not be a fully disciplined life though.

He does deserve someone who is smart with dogs.
Knows how to train them.

I lived with a large German Shepherd castout for a few years.
She belonged to my Cousin/roommate. Despite her large size, she was the smallest of her litter and all the others in the same litter went on to become Police dogs. That was what she was supposed to do too. She was bred & trained for that career.

Her name was "Lady" and she was a handful who expected equality but also shared respect. Kinda like my 100lb pitty, Ghost.
All about the love.

I will say that I knew absolutely fuckall about dogs like this when I first took in pagan. It was a very sharp learning curve but even I know I didnt "work" him as much as he required...I think we both just sort of adapted to each other over time.

the first few months I owned him were an absolute nightmare, and there were times that I had considered giving him back (even called omega a few times for advice/questions)...it was rough...but id do it all over again in the end if my situation wasnt the way it was now with the new kiddo and just losing him within the past year.

Pagan had the worst case of separation anxiety of any dog I have ever seen, until he got older he absolutely could not stand to be left alone without another human in the room. and even up to the day he died that dog never left my knee when I walked/went anywhere. I even find myself now looking down after noticing the lack of a furry head tucked right up against my leg as I walk thru the house.

CZLoco

Sounds like my Laguna.
Even at about 3 years old, she's checking up on me every time I walk into the house and in every room I go into.
Twice now, she's stuck her head between my legs as I pee'd.
:Lol:
She's a real homer.
Ghost used to be like that, but as he's now 7-8'ish, he's become more independent.
He'll sleep against my lower body every night for the first couple-three hours, and then he heads downstairs and sleeps on the couch by himself for the rest of the night.

I've got a doggy door on my bedroom door.
Along with one going to the back yard of course.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Scooter dog was always glued to me. I'd be cutting a chunk of drywall on the floor and she'd either be sitting or standing on it. Same with using the saw of plywood. No matter what I was doing, she was there. Loud noise's didn't bother her at all, until she got real old, then thunder and fireworks kind of annoyed her.

rotts4u

BAMF
No money is involved, just the logistics of getting him to where he's going.
Do you know Dameon Berry in Tennessee? East Tennessee K9? He trained my Rottweiler 8-9 years ago and he and his family raise and train them (Mals). They took great care of my rotty and did a great job on him. He is close by in Knoxville, TN area,. You can find him on Facebook or send me a PM and Ill give you his phone to see if he wants it.

Last edited:

CZLoco

Scooter dog was always glued to me. I'd be cutting a chunk of drywall on the floor and she'd either be sitting or standing on it. Same with using the saw of plywood. No matter what I was doing, she was there. Loud noise's didn't bother her at all, until she got real old, then thunder and fireworks kind of annoyed her.
Scooter sounds awesome.
When Ghost was just a year old (when I got him), he went nuts at all my power drills and lawn mowers, anything with power behind it.
These days he's the most chill dog with weird sounds.
I can hammer away at something and he won't even look over at what I'm doing.

Laguna on the other hand, freaks the hell out when the roommate farts, let alone any other random sound in the house happens.
She was my first ever puppy (3.75 months) so I blame myself, but really shouldn't.
IDK why in the hell she's so scared of everything in life.
It bums me out, to be honest.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Yury, I think he would be a fine addition.. I also have time to head over from time to time to come by if needed.

For those thinking of taking on a high end started working dog he will need a dedicated work schedual. He will also need a handler not a furry human to keep him in top shape both physically and mentally. Two to four hours a day, every day, no excuses, before stepping up ask yourself... am I a handler or a furry person to my dogs.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I have no clue regarding Optimus's operation but I love the fact that he would try and find a dog that doesn't make the cut a good home.

I've always heard of horror stories where breeders kill the less desirable dogs.

And MR has a new member to his family...congrats!!!

I was soooo thinking about that handsome boy but between Paul's opinion and the fact our 12 year old pit is definitely an only child......I'm just glad he'll have an excellent home!!!

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
Wife woke up this morning and was somewhat freaking out about adding another dog.
She remembers that Diavlo needed a lot of work, while he was young and she is not willing to "work", after getting home from work.
What she doesn't remember, is that I did most of the work. All she did was play ball with him and made sure he had food a water.

She also doesn't want me to leave town for a couple of days to go get Anik, because I'm the one who takes care of her dad every day, who is in the nursing home.
I'm working on her...

OP
OptimusCrime
We are all good guys, looking forward to it, we can break bread at one of my usual spots and catch up before you guys load up and head back, I'll coordinate with paul about things you will need, one of them is an ecollar with a bungee wrap, I'll get you the model numbers and where to get them ahead of time, also a flat one inch collar that will stay on him all the time and a fursaver, then a big 1 3/4 flat collar for walking. For the job he was intended his training was just beginning but as a family member he is pretty much fully trained, his obedience is sharp.

OP
OptimusCrime
No he's here in GA with me, I have had him since ten weeks, the guy in tally you picked up pagan from is still sort of a partner in the dogs.

Top Bottom