curtesy of Merriam Webster

bigotry
noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in

big·ot·ry | \ ˈbi-gə-trē
plural bigotries
Definition of bigotry

1: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices : the state of mind of a bigotovercoming his own bigotry
2: acts or beliefs characteristic of a bigotracial bigotrywill not tolerate bigotry in our organization

racism
noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \
Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism
3: racial prejudice or discrimination

Yeah, jumping to racism or racist without all the facts being presented clearly; seems to be more about name calling than just tagging a person as a bigot...
...leaving alone what their motivations for being so bigoted may or may not be.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
the term racist has been the conflated response for a lot of people when they disagree with you. i.e. you say something they don't like, you're a racist to them.

What they are really trying to say is that they are bigots and you are probably fine.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I still say all the people on the planet are brown of varying shades.

Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid alike...

...save for albinos who lack pigmentation of any kind and are pretty much transparent...

...like the English.

See?
All three of these people more closely match the shades of brown of this board than the border of the picture itself.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
the term racist has been the conflated response for a lot of people when they disagree with you. i.e. you say something they don't like, you're a racist to them.

What they are really trying to say is that they are bigots and you are probably fine.
This helps me feel much better about me and my place in the world.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Bigotry isn't limited to just words. Tell that to the people who constantly experience bigotry.

It doesn't quite work, either way, to my mind.

What's the difference?
Why do we need two words that mean the same thing?

I do not believe they do mean the same thing.

For it to be racism, to me, it has to include an act of violence...
...otherwise it's just bigotry.

Everyone is bigoted in one way or the other.
Bigotry can be against someone of the same race.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Pretty sure people can be racists against someone of the same race too.
maybe in theory, but it doesn't happen very often, does it? Let's be honest here.

Just like saying we're all different shades of brown. Nice words, but each person pictured would have our ingrained stereotypes affect how you saw each of them

Wretch

amazingly graceful
maybe in theory, but it doesn't happen very often, does it? Let's be honest here.

Just like saying we're all different shades of brown. Nice words, but each person pictured would have our ingrained stereotypes affect how you saw each of them
Look, we already have enough reasons for division (I fucking hate division, long or short) and would rather look for what makes us more alike than what makes us different.

I'd fuck any of the three girls posted above in my reply, even all at once, without any consideration of the heritage or upbringing.

Not a big fan of blame either...

Webster doesn't mention violence as a requirement for racism nor does general usage. Good enough for Webster, good enough for me.

If there's a video of a Black Hebrew screaming "white people are a cancer and must be eradicated", there ain't a fucking person here that's gonna say "actually he's not really a racist, he's just a bigot". :lol: :lol:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Illrevelant because, there are no white or black people to be offended so, the Hebrew can scream all he/she wants.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Pretty sure people can be racists against someone of the same race too.
White people do it to each other all the time, I think it's more of a guilt thing. I know the blacker black people say they get shit from the lighter black people. That would seem to be racist, but there has to be a racial motivation in any of these. Sometime you hate people just because of their individual actions...like choosing to be a different color at birth..,.mutherfuckers not knowing how to be born

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Webster doesn't mention violence as a requirement for racism nor does general usage. Good enough for Webster, good enough for me.

If there's a video of a Black Hebrew screaming "white people are a cancer and must be eradicated", there ain't a fucking person here that's gonna say "actually he's not really a racist, he's just a bigot". :lol: :lol:
there are many who say that black people cant be racist.

you are racist for saying that

Wretch

amazingly graceful
White people do it to each other all the time, I think it's more of a guilt thing. I know the blacker black people say they get shit from the lighter black people. That would seem to be racist, but there has to be a racial motivation in any of these. Sometime you hate people just because of their individual actions...like choosing to be a different color at birth..,.mutherfuckers not knowing how to be born
Yeah, don't even get me started on the Sneeches...

...Star Bellied or otherwise.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Used to be called "high yellow"

I heard it very often, but not always meant as a serious insult. When it was, look out!

BigGar

high on placebo
I don't know how this veered off onto a racism tangent, but violent fuckers of all colors need to go. Did the guy actually kill the old person he was beating on? I don't really care if he did or not, I'm fine with anyone that's got a history of committing battery or other violence on undeserving individuals multiple times being put down in most any reasonably humane fashion. I don't need to see them skinned alive, put into excruciating pain for days, or anything like that, just make them gone permanently. Society really needs to get onboard and be comfortable with it. Caught red-handed doing ultraviolence? See ya. No more violent rap sheets that go on and on and on. Fuck around more than a couple of times, you get to die now. Mental illness is not an excuse either. Ya' still gotta go.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I don't know how this veered off onto a racism tangent, but violent fuckers of all colors need to go. Did the guy actually kill the old person he was beating on? I don't really care if he did or not, I'm fine with anyone that's got a history of committing battery or other violence on undeserving individuals multiple times being put down in most any reasonably humane fashion. I don't need to see them skinned alive, put into excruciating pain for days, or anything like that, just make them gone permanently. Society really needs to get onboard and be comfortable with it. Caught red-handed doing ultraviolence? See ya. No more violent rap sheets that go on and on and on. Fuck around more than a couple of times, you get to die now. Mental illness is not an excuse either. Ya' still gotta go.
I have no good argument against that

Wretch

amazingly graceful
And they'd be wrong.

So is the Black Hebrew a bigot or a racist in this case?
Yes, wrong just like everyone else.

Bigot to my eye, as long as it's just words.
Now, had he/she started throwing rocks at one particular breed of people nearby and connecting, racist.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Yes, wrong just like everyone else.

Bigot to my eye, as long as it's just words.
Now, had he/she started throwing rocks at one particular breed of people nearby and connecting, racist.
throw rocks is assault and is a serrate issue. If you're doing it because you're a bigot and or you have a racial motive then you should probably get enhanced treatment.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I would consider assault v assault because you hate the persons race, two different levels of crime.
...and then you have to factor in whether they like small furry animals or not because that changes the level of crime too.

I mean, if you kill someone because they piss you off but, are extra kind to orphaned baby squirrels,
then you should only get half the time that someone who kills another would; because of the shade of brown the victim may be;
that hates small furry animals and stomps on baby bunnies, every time they find them.

Criminal justice is some complex stuff and every detail must be weighed or none of the extenuating details should be considered.

It's all or nothing, it's black or white...

...or something.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
...and then you have to factor in whether they like small furry animals or not because that changes the level of crime too.

I mean, if you kill someone because they piss you off but, are extra kind to orphaned baby squirrels,
then you should only get half the time that someone who kills another would; because of the shade of brown the victim may be;
that hates small furry animals and stomps on baby bunnies, every time they find them.

Criminal justice is some complex stuff and every detail must be weighed or none of the extenuating details should be considered.

It's all or nothing, it's black or white...

...or something.
so if you like dolphins....you can shoot one of those antifa guys in the face and its ok?

nomad

BAMF
I'll never understand why Americans work 40+ hrs a week, pay taxes, fight for their country, just for their children to dump them in care homes in old age and subject them to this kinda treatment.
That is a very very disturbing video.

Ill OD B4 ill go through the doors of one of those places

nomad

BAMF
Our history is filled with punishments as ghastly or even worse than the crimes committed.

These days, incarceration neither punishes or rehabilitates those found guilty of violent crimes...
...with a few exceptions, they just become better educated on how to be criminals and angry at society for their own bad choices.

Prisons are more about housing/containing "criminals" with at least half that shouldn't even be there...
...and the other half, pointlessly violent murdering types, should have already been executed.

Nobody gets the moral high ground on this.

All of us has the capability to be the worst of the worst with just a very few changes to our current circumstances...

...that includes you and me, both.
All true, but no one wants to confront the realties. Lock em up. Throw away the key rather than take responsibility for addressing the problem.

White Christian people want to punish punish punish cos thats what god does. Hellfire and brimstone. These people come out the other more angry and more violent. Prisons now only release inmates in the morning because they cant even make it home without an incident. If there is no one around to call the cops, they cause financial damage to property.

Vegas12

BAMF+
throw rocks is assault and is a serrate issue. If you're doing it because you're a bigot and or you have a racial motive then you should probably get enhanced treatment.

Since there's so much confusion in this thread (mostly by Chris.....sorry chris)

I'll throw another curveball.

Depending on jurisdiction, assault is not the actual physical act....ie: throwing rocks.

Throwing rocks would be battery......raising your arm and NOT throwing the rock is the actual assault.

Picking a scab here, but that is why a lot of people are confused about the felony assault charge against homer and jethro in the Georgia case.

BigGar

high on placebo
All true, but no one wants to confront the realties. Lock em up. Throw away the key rather than take responsibility for addressing the problem.

White Christian people want to punish punish punish cos thats what god does. Hellfire and brimstone. These people come out the other more angry and more violent. Prisons now only release inmates in the morning because they cant even make it home without an incident. If there is no one around to call the cops, they cause financial damage to property.
The problem is that we let habitually violent predators stay alive at all. It makes no sense to lock anyone up and throw away the key. If they're undeniably red-handed DNA fucking guilty of something horribly violent, then get rid of them. They won't be missed. They won't re-offend. I know plenty of Christian people that just want to live a peaceful life and aren't really that into the fire and brimstone end of things.

I don't really know where you get this garbage from unless you're just watching too many insane televangalists and bizarre factions of so called Christians. I think you watch too much TV and spend too little time among decent, average church going people. I'm not and never have been much of a church goer, but I did the whole Sunday school thing growing up. I don't remember any people that you seem to have a big Atheist hard-on for. I don't give a fuck if you want to be an Atheist either. Whatever brings you peace and comfort.

About the only marginally successful "rehabilitation" of criminals happens when they find God in prison. Of course it doesn't always work, but it's got a higher success rate than twenty bucks and a don't let the door hit you on the way out. It does turn some people around though. I think they should all be required to deal with a few "let's go say hi to God" doses of mushrooms and it would probably change a lot of lives too.

And what the fuck does white have to do with it? Do you really carry that much guilt around? We didn't have anything to do with who fucked to make us. We are what we are, just try to be nice.

And fuck any bullshit "hate crimes". You either hurt an innocent or you didn't. If you did it because you don't like what color they are or how they fuck, or if you did it because you just randomly chose to hurt someone, the damage is done, and the punishment should be the same.

*Rant off*

You're an occasionally interesting guy nomad, but you definitely need to do less copy and pasting and more using your own head.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Since there's so much confusion in this thread (mostly by Chris.....sorry chris)

I'll throw another curveball.

Depending on jurisdiction, assault is not the actual physical act....ie: throwing rocks.

Throwing rocks would be battery......raising your arm and NOT throwing the rock is the actual assault.

Picking a scab here, but that is why a lot of people are confused about the felony assault charge against homer and jethro in the Georgia case.

All along the Watchtower...

...sometimes a little confusion helps clarify the big picture.

Trust I understand assault and battery charges, along with the differences between the two...
...all too well.

I was probably being a little too cavalier and obtuse in some of my posts but, I enjoy a little silly irony now and again.
I blame maui.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The problem is that we let habitually violent predators stay alive at all. It makes no sense to lock anyone up and throw away the key. If they're undeniably red-handed DNA fucking guilty of something horribly violent, then get rid of them. They won't be missed. They won't re-offend. I know plenty of Christian people that just want to live a peaceful life and aren't really that into the fire and brimstone end of things.

I don't really know where you get this garbage from unless you're just watching too many insane televangalists and bizarre factions of so called Christians. I think you watch too much TV and spend too little time among decent, average church going people. I'm not and never have been much of a church goer, but I did the whole Sunday school thing growing up. I don't remember any people that you seem to have a big Atheist hard-on for. I don't give a fuck if you want to be an Atheist either. Whatever brings you peace and comfort.

About the only marginally successful "rehabilitation" of criminals happens when they find God in prison. Of course it doesn't always work, but it's got a higher success rate than twenty bucks and a don't let the door hit you on the way out. It does turn some people around though. I think they should all be required to deal with a few "let's go say hi to God" doses of mushrooms and it would probably change a lot of lives too.

And what the fuck does white have to do with it? Do you really carry that much guilt around? We didn't have anything to do with who fucked to make us. We are what we are, just try to be nice.

And fuck any bullshit "hate crimes". You either hurt an innocent or you didn't. If you did it because you don't like what color they are or how they fuck, or if you did it because you just randomly chose to hurt someone, the damage is done, and the punishment should be the same.

*Rant off*

You're an occasionally interesting guy nomad, but you definitely need to do less copy and pasting and more using your own head.
Sometimes it scares me how much we think alike...
...then I think about the mind altering substances and just laugh and laugh.

I'd love to change the world...

Wretch

amazingly graceful

God only sets in front of us what we need to learn/grow from, each day...
...it's up to us to seek the lesson and answers.

Fire and brimstone always turned me as far as lessons go.
Along with some of the prophesies; like in Revelations covering "End Times"...

...that likely means there's something there that I should learn.

I'm too selfish though and want to stay in the present but, we only get a brief time to walk in the light.

BigGar covered the rest pretty well.

What are you here to learn, nomad?

A23

BAMF+
Can't wait till I get old enough to get abused by some racist young buck that the system stuck in a room with me.

It will make my life complete... :biggar:

nomad

BAMF
I don't really know where you get this garbage from unless you're just watching too many insane televangalists and bizarre factions of so called Christians.
Its called enlightenment Gar, the thing you appear to be chasing in your chemical exploits. Perhaps read some Castaneda. He began with plants.,

>you definitely need to do less copy and pasting and more using your own head.
Ok Ill just retype the words of the ides and information that I want to say. Im sure that will be read and believed.
Its BECAUSE its being said by a credible source that I post it. It is what I would say. But its said by someone that has the crednetials to say it. I dont

Website
cs.com
Like I said.. Call,me a racist all you want... Just so you know, I'm racist to my entire race.

Fuck whites that dont want to hear statistics n blacks.. Stupid liberal fuck.

We(mankind) cant come together for the betterment of humanity, because we insist on diversity when it comes to people, like color, handicap, and all these new genders, but are forcing all these different people to co exist under a more and more prevalent federal government. People are so divided its not funny...

Why would I not want a long,term plan of sterilization for idiots, genetic engineering, and limited breeding. Yep that makes me Hitler!
I want a diversified race free from the bonds of religion, disease and poverty. I want whats best for the next generations... Not more consumerism, classism and god damn greed and war and hate.

Look at labusas... We have no blacks.
We have a few liberal white douche bags, and quite a few fucked up hard core conservatives...

Why have I ended up here for so long? Its the free speech.

And my right to tell,people who dont value life, and the fact that we can make it better and easier, and more fruitful that they are as stupid as a nigger cracker jew fuck shit they are.

Anal you don't strike me as religious, but your disdain for eugenics leads me to believe all of us are in his image...
Preach brother anal, that I am indeed Satan himself akin to Hitler and the worst bad guys in history.

In the end your thinking(and your in the majority.. Conservatives and liberals tend to always align when it comes to fucking everyone over)

Will exterminate our race.

Bombs will be thrown, war is inevitable even though we know better... Famine, death and extinction are what we deserve, we seem to think we are the reason for this world. This world is the reason for us.

Fuck chinks too. Hadnt brought up those slant eyed niggers.. They are the society you want communist, but how come they have no diversity? Why are they becoming a superpower?
I'm black and have been here for almost 20 years. I definitely hear what you are saying. It's not a good feeling to be (force fed) Anything!!! Hell ,,there's a little racism in Everybody,, this board is just the exception to the rule. lol.. PS: I wouldn't change a thing about this board.😁

A23

BAMF+
why do you say racist? What ethnicity do you think the victim was?
Why does that matter?

The twisted fuck was claiming blacks are the "chosen people" while he was beating the shit out of a 75 year old man.

I don't care if he was beating up Malcolm X...that's racism.

You pick some strange battles...defending looters, criminals and racists.

Are you that overcome with white guilt?

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Why does that matter?

The twisted fuck was claiming blacks are the "chosen people" while he was beating the shit out of a 75 year old man.

I don't care if he was beating up Malcolm X...that's racism.

You pick some strange battles...defending looters, criminals and racists.

Are you that overcome with white guilt?
No. I'm sick of racism in any shape or form. We're all human, it's time we started acting like it. By no means am I condoning what the young man did. I'm disgusted that most white people are much more offended by what blacks do compared to when whites do the same.

A23

BAMF+
No. I'm sick of racism in any shape or form. We're all human, it's time we started acting like it. By no means am I condoning what the young man did. I'm disgusted that most white people are much more offended by what blacks do compared to when whites do the same.
Let's stick to what you called me out for.

Is Jayden Hayden a racist?

Answer that first and then we can talk about whether destroying your neighborhood is an effective tool of protest.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Let's stick to what you called me out for.

Is Jayden Hayden a racist?

Answer that first and then we can talk about whether destroying your neighborhood is an effective tool of protest.
I have no idea. I don't really care if he's a racist or not. What he did was wrong. There are videos out there that are fake, showing what appears to be him beating a white man.

Top Bottom