How's R. Lee Ermey doing

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
just saw that, I always really liked his version of life.

Stetson

BAMF
My phone has been blowing up with texts, his FMJ quotes, the last 15 minutes or so. Sucks. :down:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Shit- I read it was a hoax, and I read it's true (on Snopes).

Billy V

BAMF
“private Pyle you had better square your ass away and start shitting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely fuck you up”

Austin_F

BAMF+
I didn't get to meet him but I was in his presence at the st Louis gun show a few years back. Man had a group around him the whole day.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
God Speed Gunny!

You made me time travel and smile every time I watched you perform your timeless character.

Hush

BAMF
"Do you realize I have not done a movie in five to six years? Why? Because I was totally blackballed by the... liberals in Hollywood," he alleged. "They can destroy you. They're hateful people [who] don't just not like you, they want to take away your livelihood... that's why I live up in the desert on a dirt road... I don't have to put up with their crap."

Z

BAMF+
Neva watched,,, da movie. :oops:

Hadda,, google,,,,, ta find out,

who da hell,,,, da dead guy,, wuz.......... :-?

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I only met him one time, 3 or 4 years ago at The Smokey Mountain Knife Works in east TN. He was doing autographs on a Saturday.

I was in the store on Friday, and went back to the cabin to tell my wife that I had to go back to meet him.

I left before breakfast on Saturday morning, and got to the store before they opened...about 0730. The line went from the front door around half of the store.

I finally got to see him at 0930. The guy in front of me had his 10 year old son with him, and was carrying a sealed up box with an Ermey action figure in it. It was in full, class A, D.I. attire.

When the guy walked off with his son, I stepped up to Ermey, and as I shook his hand, I said "That was a really neat doll the guy had."

Ermey recoiled a bit and pulled himself up straight. "That's not a doll, that's an Action Figure!".

Now admit it, you read that last line in his voice, didn't you?

I stammered my apology, got an autographed photo and moved out smartly to the right...

I'll miss him, he was one of a kind.

DaCat

BAMF
Some folks just leave a mark, they have a true persona and amazing charisma. Great reading stories about him, thanks for sharing. Thought he was brilliant in the movie.

Rest easy Gunny! You definitely made your mark.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Gunny said:
"Do you realize I have not done a movie in five to six years? Why? Because I was totally blackballed by the... liberals in Hollywood," he alleged. "They can destroy you. They're hateful people [who] don't just not like you, they want to take away your livelihood... that's why I live up in the desert on a dirt road... I don't have to put up with their crap."
He's right about that. A lot of women kept their mouths shut about Weinstein for that exact reason.

Austin_F

BAMF+
he was also self deprecating, as seen in Saving Silverman.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
[video=youtube;rnP17YCFs8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=296&v=rnP17YCFs8I[/video]

S.C.

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
He was the only celebrity type person I have had any desire to meet. A man's man.....Semper Fi Gunny

Top Bottom