Hows Pulse Night Club doing??

rumble phish

BAMF+
nah... just tired of hearing about it. Did the state of ID make a memorial at Ruby Ridge?
Damn, don't go getting all serious now. Fucking prick :biggrin1a:

But in all seriousness, I haven't heard or read much about the place since the shooting. Are they really going to put a memorial for a bunch of homos who got capped? Why? Because they're homos?

Anal Disco

BAMF
Victims of middle eastern terrorists only mattered if they were straight :roll:

Proof: we have a 9/11 memorial taking up valuable real estate in downtown NYC. Or is that because they achieved a high score?

rumble phish

BAMF+

Proof: we have a 9/11 memorial taking up valuable real estate in downtown NYC. Or is that because they achieved a high score?
Definitely high score

rumble phish

BAMF+

Definitely high score
In all seriousness, it IS because the death toll was so great at the Twin Towers on 9/11/01. There have been many other attacks by middle eastern terrorists that didn't get a memorial, or half of the coverage. I'm sure there were plenty of LGBTQRSTWYZX folks killed during 9/11, but there isn't anything more special about them then anyone else who was killed that day.

Drakhen

BAMF
Not only the huge death toll, but altered the very skyline of the city that says (or used to) "America." It's a black eye we've still not really healed.

On the other hand, if you said "Pulse Night Club" to 10 random people, would even two or three know what you were talking about?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The state is going to spend FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS ON A MEMORIAL for the place!

OP
OP
Terry_Schiavo
The state is going to spend FIVE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS ON A MEMORIAL for the place!
why? Seriously I dont understand why? Did the State designate the GMAC shooting bldg from 25yrs ago a memorial? Nope...but some dipshits made a play about it. Im no equal rights attorney but fuck me if this doesnt stink of some folks more equal than others. Did Columbine become a memorial? Newtown?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
why? Seriously I dont understand why? Did the State designate the GMAC shooting bldg from 25yrs ago a memorial? Nope...but some dipshits made a play about it. Im no equal rights attorney but fuck me if this doesnt stink of some folks more equal than others. Did Columbine become a memorial? Newtown?

Because..... Fagola's!

Austin_F

BAMF+
500 million, that could take care of some homelessness issues, couldn't it? maybe some veteran's assistance?

Anal Disco

BAMF
but there isn't anything more special about them then anyone else who was killed that day.
Yet here we are, you say "equal to everybody" but the statements here really say homosexuals are "less than everybody". Fuck everyone who wants a memorial, right?

Read again.

Apparently nobody else stopped and thought, "Gee, 500 million seems like a lot of money, that doesn't seem right". :roll:

Did Columbine become a memorial? Newtown?
Yes, Columbine has a memorial.

Yes, Newtown is building a memorial, after tearing down the old school.

Memorials are a common thing, for all sorts of tragedies.

2nd deadliest mass shooting, deadliest Islamic terrorist attack after 9/11 and you can't figure out why a memorial is planned?

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Yet here we are, you say "equal to everybody" but the statements here really say homosexuals are "less than everybody". Fuck everyone who wants a memorial, right?

Read again.

Apparently nobody else stopped and thought, "Gee, 500 million seems like a lot of money, that doesn't seem right". :roll:

Yes, Columbine has a memorial.

Yes, Newtown is building a memorial, after tearing down the old school.

2nd deadliest mass shooting, deadliest Islamic terrorist attack after 9/11 and you can't figure out why a memorial is planned?
It's being pushed specifically because it was a "gay" nightclub, or at least that's what most of the media is focusing on. That is the problem most folks (who aren't homosexual, which is like more than 90% of the population) is having with it I think. That's certainly MY problem with it.

OP
OP
Terry_Schiavo
First Ive heard of the loot being earmarked. I dont have a subscription to clickWhorelando and dont care much about central FL til they start spending ridiculous money to honor innocents and a loon gun fag. And yes its being marketed as "gay" or whatevs... not as people. Id be all for the money being used on those still living or in need. Taxpayer money should not be used which has been the case since I was last concerned.

Anal Disco

BAMF
It's being pushed specifically because it was a "gay" nightclub, or at least that's what most of the media is focusing on. That is the problem most folks (who aren't homosexual, which is like more than 90% of the population) is having with it I think. That's certainly MY problem with it.
Proof that despite many people saying "they are cool with homos", they really aren't. This thread is evidence. Or maybe people aren't saying that.

I have a feeling their would still be a memorial had it been a regular nightclub.

And yes its being marketed as "gay" or whatevs... not as people.
Gays are people too (?).

Id be all for the money being used on those still living or in need.
Memorials are for the living. It helps with healing and closure after such a traumatic event, to honor the memory of the victims.

The only controversial part could be the pulse foundation using taxpayers funds when it could have plenty of money in its coffers. that should be looked at.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Proof that despite many people saying "they are cool with homos", they really aren't. This thread is evidence. Or maybe people aren't saying that.

I have a feeling their would still be a memorial had it been a regular nightclub.

The only controversial part could be the pulse foundation using taxpayers funds when it could have plenty of money in its coffers. that should be looked at.
I'm certainly not cool with homos flaunting their sexuality in our collective faces and telling us it's "normal". My attitude on it is the same for homosexuals as it is for heterosexuals... keep it in your bedroom. i don't need or even want to see it. I don't need to be preached to about their "lifestyle". I do think it is immoral, but it's their choice to live that way. Just don't force it on me or anyone else. Don't fucking politicize it and make it about "rights". What about my right not to want to be inundated with their homosexual propaganda 24/7? If you're a fag, be happy being a fag. I got no beef with you (or for you!) just don't tell me what I have to accept and what I can or can't say about it. Wanna get married to your homosexual partner, go for it. You should get all the hills and valleys any of us get.

But most of all DON'T FUCKING POLITICIZE THE TRAGEDY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR "LIFESTYLE".

I agree with your last statement about the funding of it.

Anal Disco

BAMF
I'm certainly not cool with homos flaunting their sexuality in our collective faces and telling us it's "normal". My attitude on it is the same for homosexuals as it is for heterosexuals... keep it in your bedroom. i don't need or even want to see it. I don't need to be preached to about their "lifestyle". I do think it is immoral, but it's their choice to live that way. Just don't force it on me or anyone else. Don't fucking politicize it and make it about "rights". What about my right not to want to be inundated with their homosexual propaganda 24/7? If you're a fag, be happy being a fag. I got no beef with you (or for you!) just don't tell me what I have to accept and what I can or can't say about it. Wanna get married to your homosexual partner, go for it. You should get all the hills and valleys any of us get.

But most of all DON'T FUCKING POLITICIZE THE TRAGEDY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR "LIFESTYLE".

I agree with your last statement about the funding of it.
Here's the thing: any remote hint of homosexuality to someone with your mindset is going to feel like "gay people forcing their sexuality in your face".

And it's tough claim that homosexuals "need to keep it in the bedroom just like heterosexuals" when the presence of heterosexuality is everywhere. Just look at advertising.

99% of commercials feature heterosexual couple = fine.

1% of commercials feature gay couple = homos flaunting their sexuality.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Here's the thing: any remote hint of homosexuality to someone with your mindset is going to feel like "gay people forcing their sexuality in your face".

And it's tough claim that homosexuals "need to keep it in the bedroom just like heterosexuals" when the presence of heterosexuality is everywhere. Just look at advertising.

99% of commercials feature heterosexual couple = fine.

1% of commercials feature gay couple = homos flaunting their sexuality.
Either you misinterpreted what I said, or I didn't say it well enough. Probably a little of both.

Top Bottom