How's Notre Dame Cathedral Doing?

BigHock

BAMF
Oh settle down there! It’s a real shame such a iconic building had a fire. I just can’t muster the humanity to really care. There are plenty of old churches still standing.

So, fucks given equals zero. I got ice cube tray troubles.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
This ain’t about religion, it’s about architecture and history.

A civilization without an awareness of either is doomed to repeat the failures of its past. I suppose you admire the grandeur of Soviet era shopping malls?

Dummy

Hapo

Dog Boy
...and this is why we should not have this sophomoric cunt of a person on ignore...

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
It's about history...
Church history will remind everyone how religion made priests rich by taking from the poor.
How they built millions of churches so they can take money from the poor sapps who fell for the bearded guy in the sky story.
That's what they' ll be remembered as. Money grabbing mafia houses.
Poverty runs rampant in the world while churches and its masters run around with gold crowns, "asking" people for their money.

Fuck em. They got money. They can rebuild them no sweat and continue to take money from suckers until one day they'll run out of suckers.

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
This ain’t about religion, it’s about architecture and history.

A civilization without an awareness of either is doomed to repeat the failures of its past. I suppose you admire the grandeur of Soviet era shopping malls?

Dummy
It is about suppression of the poor and slavery of the mind. Great architecture can occur without religious inspiration or involvement (or corruption).

Fuck Notre Dame. Fuck churches. Fuck catholicism. Fuck the Pope. Fuck fear of the unknown. Fuck communism. Fuck organised religion.

I hope the next place to burn to the ground is the Vatican. And the pope with it... :fu:

Austin_F

BAMF+
It is about suppression of the poor and slavery of the mind. Great architecture can occur without religious inspiration or involvement (or corruption).

Fuck Notre Dame. Fuck churches. Fuck catholicism. Fuck the Pope. Fuck fear of the unknown. Fuck communism. Fuck organised religion.

I hope the next place to burn to the ground is the Vatican. And the pope with it... :fu:
I notice a lack of 'fuck Islam' and 'fuck mosques'.

And 'well that's covered under organized religion' isn't going to fly.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Is this what you TV watchers are talking about? For some reason it's all over my media feeds. FB_IMG_1555416084808.jpg

Ed

BAMF+
Okay, Austin and you're right... fuck Islam, fuck Muslims, and fuck mosques too.

The more you travel the more you realize that common people are the same everywhere, and it's the religions and politicians who divide us.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org

I repeat, this isn't about religion.

That cathedral represents 850 years of history. Moving forward without understanding your past is folly.

Some day when your kids are older, you might want to take them around and show them their heritage, and all you might have left is grotesque shopping malls and parking lots.

If your views are common among your peers, it's no wonder that the UK you knew is vanishing, to be replaced by a future that is ugly.

1555417373023.png

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
I repeat, this isn't about religion.

That cathedral represents 850 years of history. Moving forward without understanding your past is folly.

Some day when your kids are older, you might want to take them around and show them their heritage, and all you might have left is grotesque shopping malls and parking lots.

If your views are common among your peers, it's no wonder that the UK you knew is vanishing, to be replaced by a future that is ugly.

View attachment 18136
And I repeat that it is all about religion.

There will be plenty of history around my neck of the woods to show my kids without worrying about having to take them into a church. You don't know the UK I knew and still know. Don't presume you do. If everything organised religion gave us was bulldozed flat tomorrow, humanity would be better for it.

I would be happy for it to start with The Vatican and Mecca and anything built by the Mormons...

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
The UK vanished a LONG time ago to be replace by Indians!
Indians vanished about 300 years ago to be replaced by Americans. What is your point?

Society and culture shifts and changes. Always has done in the UK anyway. It is something I am perfectly used to and adapted to dealing with. Its people who can't deal with change who hold back humanity.

So one fucking church burns down and people are crying about it. Shit happens, things change. Whoopie fucking shit. There are plenty more of these eyesores dotted around showing what the rich and powerful religious elite can do with other people's money.

Knock the cunting thing down and build a hospital, or a housing estate for the homeless there. Something useful..

Stupid cunt churches.

Fucking burn.

Cunt burn cunt cunt... :fu:

Last edited:

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org

There will be plenty of history around my neck of the woods to show my kids without worrying about having to take them into a church. You don't know the UK I knew and still know. Don't presume you do. If everything organised religion gave us was bulldozed flat tomorrow, humanity would be better for it.

I would be happy for it to start with The Vatican and Mecca and anything built by the Mormons...
And you're wrong, confusing what you want to believe vs what you know

It wouldn't make a shred of difference if all religious artifacts disappeared in the USA. But far from so in Europe (and that includes you islanders). All the best shit in Europe was stuff built to honor the Gods, and to say otherwise leads me to believe you've never been to places like Italy or Greece. Have you?

You're advocating the same as the progressives who want to knock down confederate monuments in the US. The Taliban dynamiting the ancient Buddha statues. The burning of books by Nazis, Khmer Rouge and Stalinists.

Erase the past and you're doomed to repeat it.

Anal Disco

BAMF
And you're wrong, confusing what you want to believe vs what you know

It wouldn't make a shred of difference if all religious artifacts disappeared in the USA. But far from so in Europe (and that includes you islanders). All the best shit in Europe was stuff built to honor the Gods, and to say otherwise leads me to believe you've never been to places like Italy or Greece. Have you?

You're advocating the same as the progressives who want to knock down confederate monuments in the US. The Taliban dynamiting the ancient Buddha statues. The burning of books by Nazis, Khmer Rouge and Stalinists.

Erase the past and you're doomed to repeat it.
You had a solid argument going in this thread right up until you came to the confederate statue, at which point you made everything Lucky said sound completely reasonable.

Last edited:

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Been to Italy. Been to Greece. Walked in Notre Dame. Wanting to wash away organised religion isn't a mistake nor does it threaten our future as a species. It frees us from dogma and stupidity. A church burns down? So fucking what. No one died.

Fuck Notre Dame... :fu:

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Looking at the last century, as the Warsaw pact railroaded across eastern Europe, the communists made it a priority to 'bulldoze' every vestige of religion. Religious practice was forbidden.

And yet, despite what Mr Lucky believes and what would have us believe, that part of the world did not turn into a paradise free from 'dogma and stupidity'

If anything, it recorded the greatest mass murders in the history of humanity.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Wanting to wash away organised religion isn't a mistake nor does it threaten our future as a species.
...and yet, the history of the last century doesn't support your claim. Stalin's Russia, Mao's China, Khmer Rouge's Cambodia

All of those have two things in common, all banned and attempted to stomp out all traces of religion, and all would go on to record the biggest massacres of innocents in the history of humanity

CID

Organized religion gave the majority of the human race a purpose to fight enslavement and tyranny. While it can be argued that organized religion later on became a tool for tyranny it once fought against, that's a failure of man's application and not religion itself.

To deny the history of religion and it's basic "do good" structures and instead hope for the decency of man to guide, rule and discern what is right or wrong throughout our history, would have been at peril. Either the civilization was overthrown by other cultures with a religious undertone or they became ruled by true tyrants. ..in other words -- With no higher calling the majority of man destroys himself for the same reasons lions rule over the rest of the animal kingdom.

Website
www.bikeland.org

a bit harsh. may want to dial it back a bit there, kiddo.

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Looking at the last century, as the Warsaw pact railroaded across eastern Europe, the communists made it a priority to 'bulldoze' every vestige of religion. Religious practice was forbidden.

And yet, despite what Mr Lucky believes and what would have us believe, that part of the world did not turn into a paradise free from 'dogma and stupidity'

If anything, it recorded the greatest mass murders in the history of humanity.
Indeed it was but it was fuck all to do with me and just because I want to see the back of all organised religion (which exists only for power) that doesn't make me a communist nor does it mean I agree with communist ideology.

My world would replace religion with science and churches with schools and colleges and seats of wisdom, not palaces dedicated to fairytale men. And if you did want to build a church or start a religion in 'Lucky Land' you better be fucking ready to pay punitive taxes on that bullshit income you make off your sheeple. You want to peddle mind warpage to gullible people? You better expect my government to take everything you make. Then your churches could never look like hideous temples to Mammon.

And damn, that fucking place was hideous btw. Thank fuck it has burned down mostly. Shame the whole thing didn't collapse. It had to be the ugliest Cathedral ever...

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Organized religion gave the majority of the human race a purpose to fight enslavement and tyranny. While it can be argued that organized religion later on became a tool for tyranny it once fought against, that's a failure of man's application and not religion itself.

To deny the history of religion and it's basic "do good" structures and instead hope for the decency of man to guide, rule and discern what is right or wrong throughout our history, would have been at peril. Either the civilization was overthrown by other cultures with a religious undertone or they became ruled by true tyrants. ..in other words -- With no higher calling the majority of man destroys himself for the same reasons lions rule over the rest of the animal kingdom.
No, organized religion gave a few powerful people more power and an excuse to enslave others and enforce their dogma on them. Don't spurn religion if it gives you solace and hope but don't tell me that all the trappings and wealth (that belong to the Church) is a good thing because its just a huge 'fuck you' in the face of the people. 'Hey everyone, look what we made with your money'.

If god didn't want that fucking pile of cunt to burn down why did he allow it to happen?

There can be only two possible answers.
A.
god hates churches and other bullshit temples built on the backs of the poor and oppressed and he hates organised religion so he thought 'let that cunt burn lol!'
B. god doesn't exist.

Fuck Notre Dame... :fu:

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Instead of putting 1 billion in rebuilding that heap, i'd cordon it off and put that money into something useful. There's PLENTY of other churches to visit. Shit you can never run out of churches to visit, the Lord only knows. Fuck churches and organised religion. Nothing but a scam

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
If you chose to skirt historic facts of record and choose instead to indulge in the fantasy of ‘my world ‘

I’ll share that my world would replace everything with hookers and blow...Which is just as likely as your world and a lot more fun

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Instead of putting 1 billion in rebuilding that heap, i'd cordon it off and put that money into something useful. There's PLENTY of other churches to visit. Shit you can never run out of churches to visit, the Lord only knows. Fuck churches and organised religion. Nothing but a scam
The ROI in rebuilding far exceeds anything else for which that money could be used for, now more than ever

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
What historic facts have I skirted? I never said commies didn't kill millions. And I never said I agreed with their backwards policies either. But to claim that great cathedrals were built simply to 'inspire' or some other bullshit as CID reasoned is, well, bullshit.

Cathedrals were built with the primary purpose of demonstrating power for the Roman Catholic church. And how did these cathedrals get built? Well they were mostly built on a lie (just like organised religion). The craftsmen who built them were usually paid very little if anything at all excepting materials on a promise that if they helped build the damn places they would be washed of their sins and guaranteed a place in heaven. But not all craftsmen were so easily taken. The blokes who carved the pile of bollocks at the bottom of my street carved their initials into the face of every ornate stone they carved so they could figure out how much the Bish of Durham owed them. Good for them!

"Fuck Notre Dame" said god...

Top Bottom