How's my brother doing?

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Well, I got the call today I figured would come sooner or later. Junior is in the can again. Got busted driving a car with expired plates, no insurance, no do, and weed laced with meth. One of his friends called me, wanted to know if I would bail him out. Talking to the lawyer in the morning to see if I can legally use estate money to get him out. Not spending another dime of my own on this worthless piece of fuck.

Was also told he has trashed the house already. Had his doper buddies living there along with 3 pitbulls that were never housebroken. Honestly? I am more concerned about the pups than him. They can't help themselves, he could have.

Kinda bitter right at the moment. Kids already blasted through $100K in cash. Did I mention fuck him?
He needs some divine intervention to get out of his mess.
Put a bag over his head and drag him off to some isolated island and drop him off.
Leave him there for one year to fend for himself.
He'll either spend 100% of the time thinking about his next drug hit and go find some when he gets home.
Or he'll get clean and stay clean.
One way or the other, you'll have your answer.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Put a bag over his head and drag him off to some isolated island and drop him off.
He'll either spend 100% of the time thinking about his next drug hit and go find some when he gets home.

Or...cement shoes and a fishing trip.

Vegas12

BAMF+
If you bail him out and he doesn't show, are you on the hook?

If he bails him out....using estate money....and the douche bolts, obviously the money is gone. No big deal for Hugh.
If douche appears for everything, bail is returned in full.

If he gets a bond, it's usually 10-15% of the bail and collateral, that 10-15% is gone no matter what....like the OP said, he ain't putting up nothing.

I bailed out a family member once...no way in hell was I giving a bondsman 15%....

Like others have said, let the junkie sit right where he's at....rapid detox might do him some good.

LuxPride

BAMF
Wow, this is the story that keeps on giving. I'm sorry for your loss Hugh.

Shit, I'd only bail him out if he was willing to sign over the rest of the estate to you to be put into a trust with monthly payments as a benefactor, he'll be dead within a year otherwise.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Wow, this is the story that keeps on giving. I'm sorry for your loss Hugh.

Shit, I'd only bail him out if he was willing to sign over the rest of the estate to you to be put into a trust with monthly payments as a benefactor, he'll be dead within a year otherwise.
I don't agree with a lot of what you post, but I'm with you 100% on this.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
he'd get clean-ish and realize he could have it all, a first year law student could get that thrown out and a Judge would agree..wash rinse repeat

let him sit in jail for a bit, get into a program like NA. The money part is essentially gone, the house is gone too, he's not gonna hold on to anything.

OP
Hugh G. Rection
What's really sad is I sat with him when he came back and told him what was going to happen if he didn't clean his act up. He assured me he knew it was time to get his shit together.

The part that pisses me off was I had no legal means to control how he was given the money.

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
Well, I got the call today I figured would come sooner or later. Junior is in the can again. Got busted driving a car with expired plates, no insurance, no do, and weed laced with meth. One of his friends called me, wanted to know if I would bail him out. Talking to the lawyer in the morning to see if I can legally use estate money to get him out. Not spending another dime of my own on this worthless piece of fuck.

Was also told he has trashed the house already. Had his doper buddies living there along with 3 pitbulls that were never housebroken. Honestly? I am more concerned about the pups than him. They can't help themselves, he could have.

Kinda bitter right at the moment. Kids already blasted through $100K in cash. Did I mention fuck him?
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus this is hard to read....
joining the dots and projecting forward, this Drug addict is going to end up dead or in prison for stretch
Perhaps it might be wise to persuade him to give you control of the assets so they dont get turned over to the state
This could be done in a number of... cough.... manipulative.... ways cos all you need is a signature. At least you could then try to help.
Meth is so physiologically addictive, it turns people into monsters, liars, theives and criminals. From what I hear, I doubt you or I would be able to manage the addiction any better. To me he is sick with a disease that he is unable to manage and that reuires help from someone that can think clearly and act responsibly.
All very sad.

OP
Hugh G. Rection
I sat with the lawyer yesterday and started closing the estate. I paid the real estate taxes so the house is safe for another year. There's enough money to pay the lawyer and whatever I get for being executor. He'll get whatever is left and the title to the house.

I'm debating whether or not I want to go inspect the house. It was all remodeled and updated to code about 5 years ago after a fire. It's supposedly full of maggots and dogshit. I did call the local cop about a welfare check on the pups. He had already been called and someone is caring for the dogs, but he also said he legally couldn't go in the house either.

As far as his addiction, I offered him a way out and he declined. I've been clean and sober 30+ years, and I know that unless he wants help, he won't accept any help. It's gonna be a rude awakening for him when he realizes all his buddies who helped him go through his cash are nowhere to be found. His future is in his hands.

Vegas12

BAMF+
As far as his addiction, I offered him a way out and he declined. I've been clean and sober 30+ years, and I know that unless he wants help, he won't accept any help.
Absolute truth.

My asshole brother, not to be confused with Ro$$, was forced into multiple rehabs....would somehow break out of one at night to party and then sneak back in.

I was the ONLY one that attempted tough love; everyone else enabled him.

Woke up dead with 5 various drugs in his tox screen......

I still detest him to this day for what he did to our mother.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

My ex GF sister was and still is a fucked up druggie. Still looking half way decent at 25 she would get some old fuck with a bit of money and suck her way into his house... that worked until they found out she was stealing from each guy she moved into.. Her dad had Daddy Warbucks money and up to 8 years ago spent 3.2 MILLION on various rehabs lawyers and pay offs.... I told him for 1.2 million I will personally see that she will NEVER do drugs again.. he asked how could I do this.. I said simply we fly over the outback and we drop in on a village... she can't walk out.. can't swim out..and can't fly out. She will adapt or die. It really is a matter of cutting of all access to the drug of choice. Don't know what ever became of her and her situation but I'm sure her dad is still paying her bails hospital bills and repaying anything she stole to keep her from jail..

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Yeah man, as long as a drug addict has access to hard drugs and the means to buy hard drugs, they will never quit until they either get tired of the drug (20-30 years) or they find something they like better (what?!?).
Even years locked up in Jail doesn't do it for most prostitutes. Not if they get placed back into their original environment and circle of friends.

Hapo

Dog Boy
My ex GF sister was and still is a fucked up druggie. Still looking half way decent at 25 she would get some old fuck with a bit of money and suck her way into his house... that worked until they found out she was stealing from each guy she moved into.. Her dad had Daddy Warbucks money and up to 8 years ago spent 3.2 MILLION on various rehabs lawyers and pay offs.... I told him for 1.2 million I will personally see that she will NEVER do drugs again.. he asked how could I do this.. I said simply we fly over the outback and we drop in on a village... she can't walk out.. can't swim out..and can't fly out. She will adapt or die. It really is a matter of cutting of all access to the drug of choice. Don't know what ever became of her and her situation but I'm sure her dad is still paying her bails hospital bills and repaying anything she stole to keep her from jail..
...or she dead...

OP
Hugh G. Rection
When he was 13 Junior pointed a gun at his Mom and Dad during one of his hissy fits. When I was 13 if I had pulled that shit with my Dad I would have been in the hospital getting the gun pulled out of my ass. Kids been in and out of counseling/jail ever since. He has never accepted responsibility for anything he has done. When he was sitting in juvie before his Dad died it wasn't his fault. In his own words it was all because one of his doper buddy's "bitch Mom" turned them in. Funny thing was, his good friends rolled over on him and he was the only one who went to the can. Boy be dumb.

OP
Hugh G. Rection
So my morning starts out with a call from the lady (Kim) who was going to get Junior out of the can. He called her last night and said they were springing him this morning and to come get him at 6 am. She was late getting there and the little fuck rode with someone else and didn't even let her know.

She tells me she gets him on the phone and he's whining aboot how nobody helps him and how he's going to beat my ass when he sees me.

Soooo, aboot an hour later the little fuck calls me and starts bitching aboot how I never tried to help him and such. I thought for a second and let him have it. I told him he's fucked every single person that ever did anything for him and that he's been a steaming piece of shit for years. He also seemed surprised that I knew he's been in the can at least 3 times since he got back. I finished with telling him my only obligation is to finish closing the estate and when that's done I am done with him too. He told me I was bad family and hung up on me. Then he texted me what an asshole I am to which I replied "OK".

Fast forward another hour and Kim is calling again, and has Junior with her. Now the little fuck wants help. He's figured out he has 0 money and all the utilities are either shut off or will be soon. She also tells me that he wants to go to treatment. She has me on speaker and whenever she refers a question to him he won't talk to me. I told them I would send a number for a place to get substance abuse help, but I'm not chasing his dumb ass around. I sent both of them a link for the county Mental Health center by them 3 hours ago. No answer.

I think this kids main issue is when he would talk back to my brother, my brother would back down. I don't think he was prepared for me to tell him what I thought.

The bright spot to any of this is that Kim did get the Humane Society in the house and rescued the 3 pups. They were in a cage full of shit. They are now in foster care.

NTRYDR

Been There. Done That.
Damn that sucks. I can't imagine losing a brother. Good that you guys reconnected and sorry to hear about him checking out at such a young age. Why didn't you speak for 30+ years? Lost my stepdad last Sunday. Too much of this shit going around lately.
Sorry to read of your stepdad’s passing..God bless, Gar.

BigGar

high on placebo
Sorry to read of your stepdad’s passing..God bless, Gar.
Thanks Tom. It's been a year or so now. He was really good to my mom. Marine, two tours of Vietnam, oil rig roughneck and up through the ranks at Mobil Oil until he retired from there. It took him awhile to grow into the role of stepdad and it wasn't without a few bumps along the way, but as we all grew older it was nothing but love. Pancreatic cancer took him in a matter of weeks. Mom's chugging along with Dementia increasingly taking hold. It's sad, but that's life brother.

OP
Hugh G. Rection
Jeebus Holy Fuck! Got a call last night. Now the little fucktard has inherited $41K from an aunt. I guess he got a letter about it Saturday and has 14 days to claim it. His friend asked me what to do? I said call the lawyer who sent the letter ASAP.

If the fucking kid bought a Powerball ticket he'd probably win.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
The pigs around here use that trick to get their perp into a well controlled setting.
Is where he has to go to claim the money next door to a police station?
werent they offering "Free Flatscreens" or something just as silly?? The Lam... Im not coming out for a TV or Inheritance...lol

Top Bottom