How was your Thanksgiving?

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Mine was pretty good! Plenty of time to myself to reflect on what this life has forwarded me. Had a great time visiting with family and friends.

Took my father in law for a ride in the RZR as it was a super nice day.

Hope you all had an equally great day. Happy Thanksgiving fellas!

29A2DAEC-1D40-4997-B199-0098A976ABF3.jpeg

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I worked all fucking day and had a hamburger for dinner. Trying to beat the rain getting some 6x6 sawed for Monday, on the only dry dsy in the forecast.

Family is used to me missing Thanksgiving, for years and years and years I'd be on the boat, rigging and loading gear for the Oregon crab season presoak deadline for hold inspections.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I haven't been home for Thanksgiving this century. We've gotten together here in Thailand with friends at American-owned restaurants that put on a holiday spread in the past, but they weren't doing it this year...
What do you mean you haven't been home for years, where do you live, not in your home? Or are you saying you haven't been to your parents home in years. Your parents home is theirs, your home is yours. So, you should have stated that you haven't been to your parents home. I haven't been to my parents home in four decades, I have been in my home all those years.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
What do you mean you haven't been home for years, where do you live, not in your home? Or are you saying you haven't been to your parents home in years. Your parents home is theirs, your home is yours. So, you should have stated that you haven't been to your parents home. I haven't been to my parents home in four decades, I have been in my home all those years.
I still consider the US 'home' when it comes to holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think possibly some other posters got what I was saying (maybe more than some- maybe, like, all, except one... :razz:)

Master-Cylinder

If you were in court, and made the claim that your parents house was your "home", and you are a 40+ year old who has been living on their own for decades, the prosecuting's attorney would tear your "home" story apart. Same as people who "built their home" or "built their vehicle", you simply ordered it and paid for others to build it.

BigGar

high on placebo
burly got us started early by slipping on puppy shit on our bedroom floor at 3:42 a.m. I kind of carried her to the shower and we were actually laughing pretty fucking hard. I tried to get back to sleep with limited success. She said fuck it and went downstairs and started making the potatoes. I got up a little after seven and cooked us breakfast. burly cooked for about forty people. Unfortunately we only had a total of six. What's new I guess. Nephew, sister-in-law, mother-in-law, my son Gage, burly, and I. So we're full. Lots of cards and fun though. Company gone and we're vegging out now. We'll be in bed before ten for sure.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
If you were in court, and made the claim that your parents house was your "home", and you are a 40+ year old who has been living on their own for decades, the prosecuting's attorney would tear your "home" story apart. Same as people who "built their home" or "built their vehicle", you simply ordered it and paid for others to build it.
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong- my only surviving parent (my dad) currently lives in a house I own, making his home my home. Bailiff, please be so kind as to kick opposing counsel in the sack for me, although I guess I already did. :lol:

Master-Cylinder

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong- my only surviving parent (my dad) currently lives in a house I own, making his home my home. Bailiff, please be so kind as to kick opposing counsel in the sack for me, although I guess I already did. :lol:
Here, you have to provide copies of bills sent to your house in your name for it to be considered your home.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Here, you have to provide copies of bills sent to your house in your name for it to be considered your home.
I get all my US mail there, and it's still my legally-registered domicile for bills like electricity and water (which are in my name), and for places like the DMV and IRS, making it my 'home address'.

Take that, Nellie.

Vegas12

BAMF+
"Parent ' s" home.....

Master-Cylinder

I get all my US mail there, and it's still my legally-registered domicile for bills like electricity and water (which are in my name), and for places like the DMV and IRS, making it my 'home address'.

Take that, Nellie.

View attachment 84234
Would not stand up in a court of law. Those are the facts.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I get all my US mail there, and it's still my legally-registered domicile for bills like electricity and water (which are in my name)
Would not stand up in a court of law. Those are the facts.
Counselor, you're winning this case for me... :wink2:

Did you go to one of those obscure laws schools named after a saint no one's ever heard of, located on a Caribbean island where they smoke a lot of dope and speak pidgin English?

Your honor, is it possible that my esteemed colleague and graduate of St. Balthasar's College of Law and Animal Husbandry located on the island of Anguilla be censured once he recovers from his nut-kicking?

Master-Cylinder

Counselor, you're winning this case for me... :wink2:

Did you go to one of those obscure laws schools named after a saint no one's ever heard of, located on a Caribbean island where they smoke a lot of dope and speak pidgin English?

Your honor, is it possible that my esteemed colleague and graduate of St. Balthasar's College of Law and Animal Husbandry located on the island of Anguilla be censured once he recovers from his nut-kicking?
Do you pay income taxes in the United States Of America?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Master-Cylinder

Friend of mind, who was an American citizen, worked in Antartica, it he did not return to the USA for a 18 months or so, he did not have to pay income tax.

Anyway, you are confusing your so called ancestral home, with your current home. When you're out and aboot in Thailand and you tell someone you need to run home for something, do you fly all the way to the USA?
Also, America goes from the southern tip of South America to the Arctic Ocean. It includes, Central America and North America.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Friend of mind, who was an American citizen, worked in Antartica, it he did not return to the USA for a 18 months or so, he did not have to pay income tax.

Anyway, you are confusing your so called ancestral home, with your current home. When you're out and aboot in Thailand and you tell someone you need to run home for something, do you fly all the way to the USA?
Also, America goes from the southern tip of South America to the Arctic Ocean. It includes, Central America and North America.
Counselor, your friend is a numb-nuts who will soon be occupying Bernie Madoff's old cell. While it's possible he might not owe taxes on a portion of his income, he's still liable to the IRS for anything above it- how long he's been outside the US has nothing to do with it.

I've clearly met your own criteria for what is considered one's home- I'm ready to send this case to the jury for a verdict.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Master-Cylinder

Counselor, your friend is a numb-nuts who will soon be occupying Bernie Madoff's old cell.

I've clearly met your own criteria for what is considered one's home- I'm ready to send this case to the jury for a verdict.
Unless you are currently in the USA, you are not "home". The place where you are living is your home.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Master-Cylinder

When the RTP is sent out to arrest you, where do the look for you, your home where you are living, or in the USA? They will check your home first.

Master-Cylinder

A bona fide residency requirement asks a person to establish that she actually lives at a certain location and usually is demonstrated by the address listed on a driver's license, a voter registration card, a lease, an income tax return, property tax bills, or utilities bills.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Someone asks your for your home address to send you something, what do you give them?
It depends on whether they want my US or Thailand home address. 🤷‍♂️

A bona fide residency requirement asks a person to establish that she actually lives at a certain location and usually is demonstrated by the address listed on a driver's license, a voter registration card, a lease, an income tax return, property tax bills, or utilities bills.
My US address in on my NY driver's license- my voter registration is my NY address, my income tax forms go to my NY address, as do my property tax and utilities bills. My name is on the house deed.

Well, I'm about done here- I hope everyone has enjoyed this Thanksgiving Day Massacre.🙇‍♂️

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com
Someone asks your for your home address to send you something, what do you give them?
i give them Big Gar's address...

and another Thanks Giving at my "home'' in Boston finally cleaned up...

Ma does all the cooking...

and i do all the cleaning...

Last edited:

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder should look up the definition of domicile & residence One can even have a PO Box on their DL if you desire...
Au Contraire, mon ami !!

I went through this in '86 when Ohio made it a law, NO P.O. Boxes on the drivers license.

I went to renew my license a few months later, and the clerk said I couldn't have my address on my license the way it was. It was something like:

Joe Blow
1945 St Rt 44
Springfield, OH 44333

She said it had to have the name of the street, not a number. I advised her my street had been known as the Olde Springfield-Louisville Pike over 100 years earlier, but nobody would be able to find me with that address on my license. It was not in current use on any maps. But she was adamant about a name...

When I questioned the need for this, she produced a copy of the law to let me peruse while she waited on other customers. Turns out the girls at this DMV station had misinterpreted the explanation provided in the communique that had gone out to all the DMV offices. The law was passed to enable law enforcement to deliver papers and warrants directly to people where they lived. No P.O. boxes allowed.

I ended up in a back corner with the station supervisor explaining the intent of the law, and politely advising her she needed to unfuck the other clerks before they ruined more licenses with bogus name of streets. They were squared away before I left, and all was good. Except for the one clerk quietly sobbing in the break room by herself, I may have been a little hard on her....

LuxPride

BAMF
The turkeys came to Dolan this year, (FYI. A few pints of tannerite thrown about, a couple of 5.56 rounds, and a deep freezer, and you'd have turkey for the next decade.) :biggrin1a:

I laid low with the dog. All my family is in LA, I didn't feel like boarding her and traveling. Made enough food for the night and finished it off with a doobie and a couple of pours of Pappy's 15 (a buddy laid a handful of ounces on me for my birthday earlier this month).

I'm going to try to score a new Xbox Series X for myself (if anyone has a line on one holler!! It's been a fucking nightmare trying to beat the bots!).
I hope you're all fat and happy! I'm thankful for this place and all you great guys. If I had fuck you lotto money, I'd make it a priority to invite y'all and your families to a huge feast on my dime. I gotta keep grinding so one day I can make it a reality before we're too old to do it!!:biggrin1a:
Enjoy the weekend, Gents!

Top Bottom