How are the Kurds doing in N.Syria?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I'm certain they could bicycle through that area without a worry in their heads.

CID

BAMF+
watch the interview with jocko if you have the chance :up::up:

If you've ever carried a rifle for the Uncle Sam, this interview will bring back every emotion you ever had doing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snail

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Operation Peace Spring.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Sucks to live in that part of the world. But that's life.

And I personally don't feel that the US should expend any of the lives of our young men and women to fight another Nation's battle, unless there is a direct threat to our sovereignty.

Time to sit some of these situations out and let them handle their own business.

And I personally don't feel that the US should expend any of the lives of our young men and women to fight another Nation's battle, unless there is a direct threat to our sovereignty.

Time to sit some of these situations out and let them handle their own business.
NK isn't a direct threat to our sovereignty, maybe we should pull out of South Korea while we're at it.

Europe and anything bordering Russia as well.

Ditch Israel too. Why do we need a pro-Western ally in the middle East?

:roll: Just trolling for an argument today, aren't ya?
Any counter-argument that contradicts your stance whatsoever = trolling for an argument. :roll:

A US isolationist policy would be celebrated by the Putins and Jong-Uns of the world. Realize the realities of such a position.

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org

The risk here is that China is waiting in the wings to fill any voids left. I don't think they have the capability...yet, but they will be soon

That's when things will get really interesting

The communist aggressors are doing it in Taiwan, Hong Kong burns as I type this, Tibet and elsewhere while plotting economic slavery wrapped with a bow as as the 'belt & road' initiative

1570670412693.png

Last edited:

CID

BAMF+
NK isn't a direct threat to our sovereignty, maybe we should pull out of South Korea while we're at it.

Europe and anything bordering Russia as well.

Ditch Israel too. Why do we need a pro-Western ally in the middle East?
What and miss the chance to be the main supplier of all the NATO weapons on this planet???

BV-Acharya-28.jpg

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Jocko is an awesome person and makes me feel embarrassed for not having the drive I once did.

CID

BAMF+
Jocko is an awesome person and makes me feel embarrassed for not having the drive I once did.
meh... I used to feel the same way every time I came across one of them Rambo types of the world.

Today it's no different for me than watching the world's strongest man competition and wishing I was that guy. :dash2: {enter link to loco's fullest potential thread here} :lol:

I felt a bit embarrassed to be an Army guy after watching the jocko- Meyer vid. Those guys that stayed back (Army and the TOC) really gave the rest of us a bad name and they're no doubt hating themselves today and the rest of their lives for what they did that day or really DIDNT do. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
meh... I used to feel the same way every time I came across one of them Rambo types of the world.

Today it's no different for me than watching the world's strongest man competition and wishing I was that guy. :dash2: {enter link to loco's fullest potential thread here} :lol:

I felt a bit embarrassed to be an Army guy after watching the jocko- Meyer vid. Those guys that stayed back (Army and the TOC) really gave the rest of us a bad name and they're no doubt hating themselves today and the rest of their lives for what they did that day or really DIDNT do. :thumbdown:
I was speaking to Jocko's current carryings on, not necessarily his service.
The guy has some drive.
I used to have that kind of drive but, got knocked to the ground one too many times and it cured me.

Dakota Meyer is respected by me for his accomplishments and conduct but, his conclusions are what put him over the top as being more than just a Jarhead doing his job.
His life conclusions and mine are very much the same.

Yeah, I've never been impressed with what HQ says or does, during or after the fact.
When you are doing a job such as that, there's nothing to do but throw yourself into it, fear and doubt be dammed.
I had this conversation with my young nephew before he shipped out, about where fear and doubt needed to be placed when everything is happening at once.

Fuck those guys in the rear until they get here with more men and equipment or a ride home.

CID

BAMF+
"Now the Kurds are fighting for their land," Trump told reporters during a press conference on Wednesday night. "They didn't help us in the Second World War, they didn't help us with Normandy, for example."
Trump attributed the points to an article he said he had read, which wasn't identified, that dismissed the importance of the Kurdish alliance. He suggested that Kurds had battled alongside U.S. forces for "their land." "They're there to help us with their land, and that's a different thing."
Many Republicans and Democrats alike would object to that last point. Some 11,000 Kurdish forces died assisting the U.S. in the counter-ISIS campaign in Syria, and high-ranking U.S. diplomats and military officials credit much of the victory over the extremist group to the Kurdish fighters.
syrian kurds -- they were helping the US fight ISIS in syria.

I'm sorry -- I forget this part -- maybe somebody can help me remember -- Why exactly was the US in Syria fighting ISIS?

CID

BAMF+
I was speaking to Jocko's current carryings on, not necessarily his service.
The guy has some drive.
I used to have that kind of drive but, got knocked to the ground one too many times and it cured me.

Dakota Meyer is respected by me for his accomplishments and conduct but, his conclusions are what put him over the top as being more than just a Jarhead doing his job.
His life conclusions and mine are very much the same.

Yeah, I've never been impressed with what HQ says or does, during or after the fact.
When you are doing a job such as that, there's nothing to do but throw yourself into it, fear and doubt be dammed.
I had this conversation with my young nephew before he shipped out, about where fear and doubt needed to be placed when everything is happening at once.

Fuck those guys in the rear until they get here with more men and equipment or a ride home.
The Army Platoon that was on site as a backup force, but never engaged -- that pisses me off to no end. It wasn't enough that the TOC fucked Meyer's team over by not allowing arty -- He had to deal with some fucked up Army Lt giving excuses why they aren't helping when their whole purpose was to help in that situation. grrrrr :evil: and why?? They said that in 2006 things all changed -- what exactly?? bush's ROE .... not gonna do it... not gonna do it.... not gonna blame that cock sucker cuz there's a thousand stories out there just like this before obama, Bush and Reagan. Not as extreme, but we've all experienced that REMF mentality.

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The Army Platoon that was on site as a backup force, but never engaged -- that pisses me off to no end. It wasn't enough that the TOC fucked Meyer's team over by not allowing arty -- He had to deal with some fucked up Army Lt giving excuses why they aren't helping when their whole purpose was to help in that situation. grrrrr :evil:
Yeah, now I'm remembering what I originally heard/read.
That platoon is exactly what I was speaking to.
The fucking Lt. playing with his dick, fear and doubt, instead of getting out there to do his fucking job.

CID

BAMF+
Talk about fullest potential -- How'd you like to be THAT guy for the rest of your life. You can't ever walk into a VFW. You're a marked man. The rest of the platoon probably never even knew what was going on and they'll pay for it the rest of theirs too.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I'd be surprised if he doesn't off himself if he isn't already too much up his own ass.

I wonder if he got a letter for his lack of action or not.
Not sure how he could have stayed in after that.

CID

BAMF+

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The guys at TOC got "career ending" letters.

Then there's THIS account where the other honoree (Army Cpt - Swenson) disputes Meyer's story... so who know what REALLY happened out there.

Videos contradict Medal of Honor recipient's account of Ganjgal attack
Reads like the can of worms such actions or any operation usually appear to be.

I can see Meyer getting the timing wrong on when the swarm happened.
Fuck, I'm sure his head was swimming with all the shit happening around him and likely still is.
Perception, still showing itself to be the mother of all fuckers.

Don't even ask about award boards and having to sit on one.
The rate of denial due to errors and/or improper phrasing was pretty high.
Essentially, a committee of bureaucrats looking for reasons to reject the recommendations,
which gets them sent back for re-submitting with so many rewrites it's a wonder anyone ever gets an award that makes any sense.
I only had to sit on one of those boards a few times and it was petty horseshit the way the process worked.
Worse than dealing with MILPO or Finance personnel by far but, not as bad as dealing with the VA.

CID

BAMF+
The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades. … I held off this fight for … almost 3 years, but it is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home.
Is Trump At Last Ending Our ‘Endless Wars’?

If we pull out, says Graham, the Kurds will be forced, for survival, to ally themselves with Bashar Assad.
True, but the Kurds now occupy a fourth of Syria, and this is not sustainable. We have to consider reality. Assad, the Russians, Iranians and Hezbollah have won the war against the Sunni rebels we and our Arab friends armed and equipped.
We are told that the Kurds will be massacred by Turkey’s President Recep Erdogan, who sees them as terrorist allies of the PKK.
But the Turks occupied the Syrian border west of the Euphrates and the Kurds withdrew without massacres. And how long must we stay in Syria to defend the Kurds against the Turks? Forever?
If we depart, ISIS will come back, says Cheney: “Terrorists thousands of miles away can and will use their safe-havens to launch attacks against America.”
But al-Qaida and ISIS are in many more places today than they were when we intervened in the Middle East. Must we fight forever over there — to be secure over here? Why cannot Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States deal with ISIS and al-Qaida in their own backyard?
Why are ISIS and al-Qaida over there our problem over here?

Top Bottom