How are the Kurds doing in N.Syria?

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Betrayed?

CID

BAMF+
Is northern Syria a point of Interest for the US? What does it really bring to our table?

Trump's style in this -- "Let the brutal rule where they need to while we take care of our own."

After 18 years and trillions of dollars of trying to "bring freedom" to a majority of people that don't care; I can't say that I disagree.

The downside -- The kurds will once again be the fall guy... just as they were in the 80s before Saddam took control of the region.

On one hand I feel sorry that the kurds won't get our support. They're like the little guys stuck in the middle of it all. We tried to give them a country after WWI like we did the jooz in WWII, but they got shit on after Turkey redrew their own lines -- they're more like the palestinians come to think of it.
On the other hand -- if it weren't for the kurds' support when Turkey said NO to invasion, we might not have gone into Iraq. No doubt Kurds fed us a LOT of the WMD information... we all know how that stood up.

But why DID they support us? They needed US to keep them alive and we used them for that.
Now we don't need them. So, which is a better ally to have going forward -- Turkey or the kurds?
No Idea....All I know is that it's time to bring ALL our boys home from that shit hole area and let the next generation of do-gooders save the world if they want to.

Last edited:

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
When this destabilizes the region, how will things look six months from now.

Our whole problem is policing the world.. let the bodies hit the floor.. only war I support from here on out is one we Acquire what we win and or get full reimbursement of money spent.
Hear, hear! I would add, no politically correct wars where our military has one hand tied behind their backs. Turn 'em loose to demolish shit, or keep them out of harm's way.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Well, we supported the taliban against the Russians, and we know how that turned out.

Will this be different? I hope so
Not the taliban but the mujahadeen'.

Turned out great.
The problem is that we stopped supporting them after Russia pulled out and the power vacuum was filled by the likes of the taliban.

hedgehog

BAMF
Not the taliban but the mujahadeen'.

Turned out great.
The problem is that we stopped supporting them after Russia pulled out and the power vacuum was filled by the likes of the taliban.
Sorry, my mistake by mixing up names.

But nonetheless, what we could see is the same effect from abandoning the Kurds.

The PKK is not recognized for its diplomacy.

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

Turnip has it under control with his "great and unmatched wisdom" (his words not mine).

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Sorry, my mistake by mixing up names.

But nonetheless, what we could see is the same effect from abandoning the Kurds.

The PKK is not recognized for its diplomacy.
Our support has been on a different scale with the Kurds than it was with the mujahadeen".

No real answer considering Turkey and the Kurds don't play nice along with the multitudes of other tribes that don't play nice either.

"Charlie Wilson's War" gives a pretty good background on our helping in Afghanistan and the mistake of ending it instead of helping them get their country back together.
It would have gone a long way to winning hearts and minds of the young who would have likely not allowed the taliban to emerge there in the first place.

Kurds didn't get along with the Iraqis either.

Middle East muslim tribal mentalities will prevail regardless of any Western or Eastern interventions. Can't nuke em, can't cure em.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
You care enough to spout your suck hole.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
So its illegal for me to comment now is it? Who died and made you head cock slot?

Shut your fucking cunt mouth.

Or don't. I don't give a fuck either way...
You are a right cunt. Therefore, you will shut your whore mouth when I am speaking.

hedgehog

BAMF
the alternative to pulling out is staying and American deaths, and that's secondary to being a Trump hater-at-any-cost???

That's my guess

Pretty much the definition of 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
Does that mean that Lindsay graham is now a trump hater?

When even your sycophants say it’s a bad idea, it’s probably time to listen

CID

BAMF+
Rand Paul thinks it's a great idea.
It amazes me to no end how republicans will cry about the cost of welfare and immigration and healthcare costs all the things that constitute personal responsibility and then spend 10 times that on wars for people that wouldn't take the time to spit on us.

The shit has to end and the fucking republican party needs to stop worrying about people overseas and start taking care of their own.

And talk about "taking care of their own" Charlie wilson was a cock sucker too. .....congressman turned lobbyist for Pakistan of all places.... fuck him AND Lindsey Graham that two faced coat tail riding mother fucker. He's ALREADY shown his stripes :fu::fu:

the mistake of ending it instead of helping them get their country back together.
PIPE DREAMS. 18 fucking years this time around maaaan. We've been at it for 18 PLUS years and it's still a shit hole!! We nuked japan TWICE and it didnt take 18 fucking years to get their country back together.
We've 'helped' enough. As per Eisenhower -- This is, has been and always will be about the military-industrial complex spending defense appropriated taxes so that they can have it return to their own pockets. They need war hawk ideologues like Lindsey to push that lie of "democracy and freedom for all" and the rest of us need to buy into that shit to keep the money flowing. well I say fuck that shit :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It amazes me to no end how republicans will cry about the cost of welfare and immigration and healthcare costs all the things that constitute personal responsibility and then spend 10 times that on wars for people that wouldn't take the time to spit on us.

The shit has to end and the fucking republican party needs to stop worrying about people overseas and start taking care of their own.

And talk about "taking care of their own" Charlie wilson was a cock sucker too. .....congressman turned lobbyist for Pakistan of all places.... fuck him AND Lindsey Graham that two faced coat tail riding mother fucker. He's ALREADY shown his stripes :fu::fu:

PIPE DREAMS. 18 fucking years this time around maaaan. We've been at it for 18 PLUS years and it's still a shit hole!! We nuked japan TWICE and it didnt take 18 fucking years to get their country back together.
We've 'helped' enough. :thumbdown::thumbdown:
The help I was referring to was the monetary and material help we had been giving them, not sending in troops.
It could have gone a long way to make that place a lot more friendly toward the US.

The Russians had already killed off a good many of the older/fighting generation there and the remaining youth would have come to appreciate the backing we'd have spent there instead of spending it somewhere else.
Charlie Wilson's actions kept my ass out of Afghanistan in the 80's and would have likely have kept us out of there after 9/11 if it had still happened at all.

We don't live in a bubble here in the US and doing nothing is just as dangerous as doing something about the world around us.

CID

BAMF+
The help I was referring to was the monetary and material help we had been giving them, not sending in troops.
It could have gone a long way to make that place a lot more friendly toward the US.
I get it; you're on the side of paying people to like us. If we don't do it then somebody else will. It'll be a power vacuum....a war or an attack will result.

I don't buy into that shit anymore. I used to, but after decade after decade of seeing exactly how it all turns out I stand with the FUCK THAT crowd now. Been there done that -- it's time to wake the hell up.

We should be here building schools, houses, and hospitals and out there building islands and taking over the world's commerce like China, not spending half our net worth on making sure nomadic people can build houses, go to school and hospitals or grow Heroin.

We're going to get hit again someday and not because we didn't do enough to make people like us. It'll be because we are WEAK.
We'll absorb it like we always have and if I were in charge when it happened I'd wipe the country off the map that birthed them whether it be Saudi Arabia or Portugal and there'd not be one boot on the ground to do it. It's that simple.

You grow up with a towel on your head and feel like the US kept you down and now want to wage jihad? -- no problem go ahead and do it. Just know that afterwards -- POOF everybody you're ever known is gone now. ALLLAH AKBAR mother fuckers.

Seriously. FUCK Syria, fuck the kurds and do I give a shit about the civilians that will die from some supposed chem attack when we pull out? NOPE. That means less refugees too.

17_10d00dcb0c_GER-NN1877_B.jpg

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I get it; you're on the side of paying people to like us. If we don't do it then somebody else will. It'll be a power vacuum....a war or an attack will result.

I don't buy into that shit anymore. I used to, but after decade after decade of seeing exactly how it all turns out I stand with the FUCK THAT crowd now. Been there done that -- it's time to wake the hell up.

We should be here building schools, houses, and hospitals and out there building islands and taking over the world's commerce like China, not spending half our net worth on making sure nomadic people can build houses, go to school and hospitals or grow Heroin.

We're going to get hit again someday and not because we didn't do enough to make people like us. It'll be because we are WEAK.
We'll absorb it like we always have and if I were in charge when it happened I'd wipe the country off the map that birthed them whether it be Saudi Arabia or Portugal and there'd not be one boot on the ground to do it. It's that simple.

You grow up with a towel on your head and feel like the US kept you down and now want to wage jihad? -- no problem go ahead and do it. Just know that afterwards -- POOF everybody you're ever known is gone now. ALLLAH AKBAR mother fuckers.

Seriously. FUCK Syria, fuck the kurds and do I give a shit about the civilians that will die from some supposed chem attack when we pull out? NOPE. That means less refugees too.

View attachment 24798

Partially correct but the tense is stood on that side of paying to help them help themselves and making them not hate us.
However, it's become clear that doing the same old routine or modified method hasn't worked and total war is how I'd have gone after our "enemies".

It's looking back that makes it easy to say what should have been done at that time and that is what I was doing, no different than what you had done.
We all know we cannot change what has already happened though...
...or we should know that by now.

To my mind it's the half-assed way we prosecute our actions and follow ups in the places we have gone to break things and kill people in.
So worried about offending the both tender hearted among us and abroad.
Be a physical threat and you invite yourself to be killed with extreme prejudice.

Personally, I don't like the idea of killing anyone without a damned good reason to do so.
However, putting down ranting/raving lunatics is a kindness no different than putting down a rabid animal.
I mean they are obviously unhappy in life so, stop their suffering.
The trick is knowing for certain who is truly rabid and who has just has been having a bad day but will soon get over it.

Probably a good thing neither of us is in a position to launch nuclear attacks at this point in time.

CID

BAMF+
Partially correct but the tense is stood on that side of paying to help them help themselves and making them not hate us.
I understood --- "teach a man to fish" ... and all that crap. :razz: :up:

To do the right thing it's gotta be about what's in the heart of men and that SHOULD be love. Teaching and helping your fellow man.

Today I say Fuck that shit. who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll be a better person. :green:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
To be clear, I was saying what should have been done at that time.

Now it's a different situation and too much water has passed...

Anyway, I still have love in my heart and a good part of that love is for myself and my family, first.
But, if I have a nearby neighbor that becomes a physical threat to me and mine, I'm going to do everything in my power to remove that threat as quickly as possible.
I'm courteous to everyone else and do my best to help, whenever asked.
There is no room for hate in me...
...I still get bent out of shape for a little while from time to time though.

The world has become a very small place with a good percentage of violent fuckwits and sitting around ignoring it or hoping for the best isn't going to do much to remove such a threat.

CID

BAMF+
To be clear, I was saying what should have been done at that time.

Now it's a different situation and too much water has passed...
yeah again I get it... it's the same place I'm coming from. I was all in on the 'commies are coming' and fight the radicals 'over there instead of here' pile of crap they've been feeding us since the late 60s.
We drove out those dirty commie bastards - they caught sudsucker in a hole!! download.jpg

Today? To use an analogy -- My neighbor's wife comes screaming about how her man keeps beating her when he's drunk and how I should tell him to stop and all I can think about is how her fucking poodle keeps shitting in my flowers.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yes, those domestic problems are no win situations to be sure.

I can tell you about a girl I was dating when I was still a teenager and how her Mom and Dad had a relationship where Dad would get drunk and violent...
...until the one instance where he followed his wife over and into the next door neighbor's home, drunk, and was promptly shot the eye with a .38 special.
It left an impression on me that still comes up from time to time.
Nobody came out ahead on that one from what I could see.
Stepping in dogshit has always been annoying.

I was trying to be sure you understood the difference between where I stood then and where I stand now.
I don't see where we are disagreeing much if at all.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
So what is China doing about the Kurds? Or Britian? Or Russia? Or ANY RICH fucking oil country. Does Dubai give a fuck about it?

OP
OP
Snail

Snail

Even though Lunch apparently assigned me a position, he got it wrong. I actually agree with CID.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I concur but enjoyed "Zulu" as well.

"Breaker Morant" and "Gallipoli" (1981) too.

CID

BAMF+
..and lets not kid ourselves about the Kurds either.
There have been all kinds of stories about how Syrian refugees have fled Assad's supposed attacks only to be killed by the Kurds as part of ethnic cleansing.
We've seen that shit world wide by these sheep fucker types... both sides.
trump said:
“It is time for us to get out of these ridiculous Endless Wars, many of them tribal, and bring our soldiers home,”
Crazy asshole president or not --- Who here doesn't agree with that?

Obama said the same thing and did fuck all, but start more shit and help send ISIS up the flag pole (muammar gaddafi ).... lets hope Trump follows through this time. (I aint holding my breath)

Top Bottom