How’s Eric Garner’s killer doing?

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
You're just being Trey Gowdy level dopey now.
To quote Saint Hillary, what difference does it make?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
To Garner, none- I'm arguing the justification of the police actions. I disagree with the decision not to bring federal charges against the officers involved.

But, hey, feel free to keep arguing that it's not worth arguing...:wink2:

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
You've been away too long. Wearing a badge means actions don't need any stinkin' justifications.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
As I said, I understand your point and generally agree with.

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Fucking police force is filled with sociopaths who delight in fucking with people. And they protect their own.

Asshole cop should have fried.

If I went and chokeholded a brother to death, what do you think my charges would be?

Why is this cop any different? Because of the badge? Fuck that.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Right, this whole thing was over selling cigarettes.

There's no way a small government, Republican-minded fellow like yourself would support physical police intervention because NY isn't getting their $2 of tax money?

Here you were, giving me nonsense about a headline and you write something as misleading as that.

"Man dies fighting cops" implies he was physically assaulting officers, perhaps even with a knife or a gun, which would lead readers to assume the man was a criminal to begin with, because only a criminal would fight cops.

Note: Eric Garner was resisting arrest, not fighting cops. A huge difference.

Headline "Man dies after placed in banned chokehold" is an accurate title.

Exactly. Not everyone is going to be calm, cool and collected when they are placed under arrest for some bullshit "crime" - police should be prepared for that (I'm sure most are, but this dude used a chokehold).

So what have the smart ones learned from here on out... ?

Fight the power... in court:fu:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Yeah, but that didn't make any difference to Eric, or the pigs that killed him.
It's not murder until there's a conviction on a murder charge. It's nearly impossible to even get a boi in blue CHARGED with murder, never mind convicted. Happens maybe once or twice a year.

Yet some people still want to push their luck knowing those odds...?

DUMB@161

So what have the smart ones learned from here on out... ?

Fight the power... in court:fu:
In a perfect world, yes.

But simply RESISTING arrest is not grounds for execution by Police nor the use of excessive force.

Love all the small government "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" types coming out of the woodwork to lick the boot of the police state - yes, yes, just do as the nice man from the government says and you won't get hurt.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
In a perfect world, yes.

But simply RESISTING arrest is not grounds for execution by Police nor the use of excessive force.

Love all the small government "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" types coming out of the woodwork to lick the boot of the police state - yes, yes, just do as the nice man from the government says and you won't get hurt.

Yeah Yer right... but shit happens... don't let it happen to You...

live to fight another day... live to see that You are vindicated...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
There are people in this world you can get away with taunting and/or talking shit to and
there are people who will destroy you, your life and any chance you had to pursue happiness;
if you are the least bit insulting in their general direction intentionally or not.

Those people give no fucks about your idea of fair play or what is right or even legal.

Some of them are very smart and some have just enough intelligence to function within their little circle of power.

What do you want out of life?

pimpslayer

BAMF+
How many here would refuse a traffic ticket and physically fight a cop/trooper alongside the road?

How far you think that will get you? Don't you think every refusal to cooperate on your part will just escalate the situation?

Dying over a minor misdemeanor isn't real smart. But lots of people make the wrong decision about this every year.

Don't be one of them, but if you do...wear your Go-Pro for our entertainment.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
I don't understand anyone thinking resisting/confronting a cop who has a loaded weapon and in most cases will get away with maming or killing you is the way to go. Take the ticket, allow yourself to be arrested. Fight it in court.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I'm not going to pore over the details of the video, my impression is that Eric had no indication that the cops were there to 'give him a ticket'. They were there to fuck up his shit, and they did.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.*

*I hope Larry David/ Jerry Seinfeld trademarked, copywrited, patented, whatever they needed to do to monetize that saying.

bowtie

BAMF+
Website
www.premierdesigns4u.com
I disagree- 'fighting' implies a higher level of violence than 'resisting'.

'I had fight with a guy in a bar' implies a physical altercation vs 'I resisted a guy in a bar', which could mean you turned down a BJ in the men's room.

This is why you, a.d. and chop are seen as ... difficult, you have to split hairs when no one else sees the need ..

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
No it isn't, I agree. But when time after time the cops get away with it then playing along so you don't DIE might be a better way to go.

Top Bottom