How’s Eric Garner’s killer doing?

Good to know the police are fighting crime by removing these dirt bags selling single cigarettes, one choke hold at a time.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Is that the headline you would write? Man murdered for selling cigarettes?

Man murdered for no turn signal?

If you dont know why those headlines are misleading then there is no hope for you.

Is that the headline you would write? Man murdered for selling cigarettes?

Man murdered for no turn signal?

If you dont know why those headlines are misleading then there is no hope for you.
I'm not even referring to murder specifically - a choke hold constitutes excessive force. Been banned 20 years.

And Garner was approached for selling singles in the first place.

What's your point?

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
Forget all the black, white and blue crap. That nigga was ‘murdered’. I’m ok with that headline.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
In the end, the guy got killed for selling cigarettes illegally.

Skin color shouldn't matter...

Write a fine, serve it and haul ass...

I'm no cardiologist but I know not to hit loud mouthed fat fucks because they will probably die... Choking them is even dumber...

Austin_F

BAMF+
I'm not even referring to murder specifically - a choke hold constitutes excessive force. Been banned 20 years.

And Garner was approached for selling singles in the first place.

What's your point?
Approached. Not attacked.

If I remember the video correctly he didnt follow commands, then resisted arrest.

Not saying he deserved to die for it, but headlines should be realistic. Man dies fighting cops.

Smart people know you dont fight the cops on the street, you fight them during your day in court. Legally.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
If I remember the video correctly he didnt follow commands, then resisted arrest.

Not saying he deserved to die for it, but headlines should be realistic. Man dies fighting cops.
You went from 'not following commands and resisting' to 'Man dies fighting cops' in two sentences, and you have an issue with someone else's take? Come on...

The whole exchange starts at ~1:20- he sure wasn't 'fighting' anyone- he didn't put his hands on any cops:

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
Maybe you are just not remembering correctly. He was resisting, but fighting?? Nope...

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Yet again... I'm 220lbs.. Maybe 15 percent bofyfat.. My cardio is not near what it should be...

However that dude is 300 plus probably just enough muscle to lift his fat ass up out of bed and function...

I could have arrested him without touching anything but his wrists. It would have taken an extra 30 mins.., but he would have exhausted himself after 15.

OP
OP
BigHock

BigHock

BAMF
Yet again... I'm 220lbs.. Maybe 15 percent bofyfat.. My cardio is not near what it should be...

However that dude is 300 plus probably just enough muscle to lift his fat ass up out of bed and function...

I could have arrested him without touching anything but his wrists. It would have taken an extra 30 mins.., but he would have exhausted himself after 15.
Ah yes, the old “wrist-lock”. That move has been discussed at great lengths here. Always ending with a good gun debate. :razz::razz:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I think you meant 'seconds' rather then 'minutes'- out-of-shape big guys get gassed but quick. I've seen many a 130lb Thai trainer kick the crap of a 200lb+ Westerner in the Muay Thai ring after dancing with him for a minute or two and the big guy starts sucking wind.

Stetson

BAMF
Unless he had warrants or something, they didn't need to arrest him in the first place. That's a write a ticket, sign here, have a nice day situation

Approached. Not attacked.
Right, this whole thing was over selling cigarettes.

There's no way a small government, Republican-minded fellow like yourself would support physical police intervention because NY isn't getting their $2 of tax money?

Here you were, giving me nonsense about a headline and you write something as misleading as that.

"Man dies fighting cops" implies he was physically assaulting officers, perhaps even with a knife or a gun, which would lead readers to assume the man was a criminal to begin with, because only a criminal would fight cops.

Note: Eric Garner was resisting arrest, not fighting cops. A huge difference.

Headline "Man dies after placed in banned chokehold" is an accurate title.

Smart people know you dont fight the cops on the street, you fight them during your day in court. Legally.
Exactly. Not everyone is going to be calm, cool and collected when they are placed under arrest for some bullshit "crime" - police should be prepared for that (I'm sure most are, but this dude used a chokehold).

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Resisting, struggling, fighting sound like synonyms to me in this instance.

Nobody ever won a court case on a sidewalk or the shoulder of the road but, many have died there.
Right or wrong, giving a cop the least bit of attitude opens the door for you to be killed, dead.
Over what?

So you get a ticket or a summons or even booked into the local station, accept it, stay courteous and reasonable because,
the motherfucker has a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray and a night stick as well as buddies to make up any story he needs to cover his ass.

Unless your pride can't handle being civil for a short while in a shit situation in which case, just punch that cocksucker right in the face the first chance you get.
That way your family can sue the city/state for your wrongful death and be set for life and you will have been useful to them if for nothing else.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Resisting, struggling, fighting sound like synonyms to me in this instance.
They're not synonyms under the law- 'resisting arrest' is a misdemeanor charge in NY, while fighting the police is a felony assault charge. There's video that clearly shows he wasn't fighting anyone.

The charge of 'fighting police' has a way more serious implication than 'resisting'- it implies a much more violent response.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Most of the time I'm gone before they get there... However I would probably have a fuck you attitude if I sold a cig to someone and they tried to cite or arrest me over it.
Being young will do that to you.

Played that game myself and got damned lucky several times...
...others, no so much.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
They're not synonyms under the law- 'resisting arrest' is a misdemeanor charge in NY, while fighting the police is a felony assault charge. There's video that clearly shows he wasn't fighting anyone.

The implication of 'fighting police' has a way more serious implication than 'resisting'.
When used here on this forum, they are synonymous.
I've had the same discussion, in a courtroom and had to clarify what I meant by saying fighting and the reason for the struggle to begin with.

It was a bum wrap to be sure but, could have been avoided easily.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
When used here on this forum, they are synonymous.
I've had the same discussion, in a courtroom and had to clarify what I meant by saying fighting and the reason for the struggle to begin with.

It was a bum wrap to be sure but, could have been avoided easily.
I disagree- 'fighting' implies a higher level of violence than 'resisting'.

'I had fight with a guy in a bar' implies a physical altercation vs 'I resisted a guy in a bar', which could mean you turned down a BJ in the men's room.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I agree but as a man now I would like to think I would be polite... But fuck you and your nanny state when it comes to tobacco.
I've had to bite my tongue and eat some shit recently in dealing with the government because of that very issue of the government playing nanny to the public.

There's a lot at stake for me to just go off about it.

Although it would be greatly satisfying to do so, in the short term.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
Being young will do that to you.
Played that game myself and got damned lucky several times...
...others, no so much.
I heard youre the Buffet Bandito...pushing blue hairs and geriatrics out the way to get the prime kuts at the Corral... :fu:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I disagree- 'fighting' implies a higher level of violence than 'resisting'.

'I had fight with a guy in a bar' implies a physical altercation vs 'I resisted a guy in a bar', which could mean you turned down a BJ in the men's room.
Relating to a "Ring, Gymnasium, School yard, Bar, Courtroom or a Battlefield are completely different meanings in each case.

I point to the popular song: "I fought the Law..."

Context and exactly what was taking place needs defined in each case.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I heard youre the Buffet Bandito...pushing blue hairs and geriatrics out the way to get the prime kuts at the Corral... :fu:
I refuse to answer such charges on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

A pox on you for even considering I'd let someone else cook my meat in some public place, though.

Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I agree, I have ran around with many a cute woman from,athens... I just find ut interesting that change was made locally through violent,hard ass means..

Unfortunately not,many in my generation can even fire a gun

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Relating to a "Ring, Gymnasium, School yard, Bar, Courtroom or a Battlefield are completely different meanings in each case.

I point to the popular song: "I fought the Law..."

Context and exactly what was taking place needs defined in each case.
Actually, they're not- for 'courtroom', you're using 'fight' euphemistically (you could also call it 'arguing', which you wouldn't call a battle in a war)- for the others you're using it literally. In the video, there was not a literal fight- there was resistance and- arguably- a struggle before the cops got violent- at no point did Garner fight them.

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
They could ve easily talked to the homie if they wanted.
In romania you see cops defusing situations where the perp has an axe or sword, can t remember last time a cop was killed there in the line of duty.

Stateside, the system is made to put the fear in its citizens. Police state all the way. You ve seen geriatrics pulled out of cars, tazed, killed... They use excessive force 9 times out of 10

Generalizing here, but everyone here knows them cops could ve talked to home piss and gotten somewhere without choking the guy out. He was not posing a threat to anyone to deserve being choked and killed.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
They could ve easily talked to the homie if they wanted.
In romania you see cops defusing situations where the perp has an axe or sword, can t remember last time a cop was killed there in the line of duty.
Same in Thailand- the cops here can be corrupt and worthless, but in that situation, they would only have talked to the guy and calmed him down. The reason for it is simple- they're not afraid of anyone. They'll get to the point where they'll ruin your day, but a non-violent argument sure ain't gonna do it.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Actually, they're not- for 'courtroom', you're using 'fight' euphemistically (you could also call it 'arguing', which you wouldn't call a battle in a war)- for the others you're using it literally. In the video, there was not a literal fight- there was resistance and- arguably- a struggle before the cops got violent- at no point did Garner fight them.
Why don't we get bruises when fighting a cold?

Are they just that weak?

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
That's also a euphemism- you could also say 'trying to shake a cold'. Again, you're not literally 'fighting' a cold.

Garner wasn't 'fighting' the cops in the literal sense of the word- he wasn't being physically aggressive, and he didn't get a deserved response.

I realize it's a semantic argument, but it makes a difference in this case.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
It makes a difference when using 'fight' as a justification for the police response- he didn't fight them.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Yeah, but that didn't make any difference to Eric, or the pigs that killed him.
It's not murder until there's a conviction on a murder charge. It's nearly impossible to even get a boi in blue CHARGED with murder, never mind convicted. Happens maybe once or twice a year.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'm not arguing with that at all. When I watch these types of vids I always try to find the justification for the cops (or the shooter if it's between members of the public), and I usually can to one degree or another- this time I just couldn't see it.

Top Bottom