Hott Damn, got a twenty percent raise at work today.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Wife does the payroll and just informed me. Yep, TWENTY PERCENT! But, it only goes into my retirement account, the company pays/matches 20% of your total pay, not just what you put in! At the junk yard, you'd get maybe twenty five cent raise every couple years. If that.
Sure, it just goes into my retirement account, like most of my pay. After I get my "review" I may get a real raise, and that too will go into my retirement account. I put away 65~70% every month, unless a sweet KDX shows up, then I have to spend some cash.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
You know what's amazing? The assholes who work there bitch aboot everything and want more of everything allah tyme!
Fucking place pays tremendous retirement, gives good raises, bonus's, flexible hours, four weeks vacation for new hires, you accrue vacation tyme WHILE ON VACATION, cleanest toilets on this side of a Jersey Turnpike, and yet they bitch and want more. Fucking spoiled asswipes. There are asshole who will put down 1/10 of an hour over time! They buy a fucking Bic pen for $1.50, they want to be reimbursed for it!
Wife works there too, doing the accounting, hundreds of millions of dollars every year, she hates most of those those fucking spoiled morons.
One of the morons just ordered a fucking $15,000 UPS (backup power). What good is that going to do for a server room packed full of shit? It may...MAY, run the stuff for a half hour or so. Idiots.

rumble phish

BAMF+
You know what's amazing? The assholes who work there bitch aboot everything and want more of everything allah tyme!
Fucking place pays tremendous retirement, gives good raises, bonus's, flexible hours, four weeks vacation for new hires, you accrue vacation tyme WHILE ON VACATION, cleanest toilets on this side of a Jersey Turnpike, and yet they bitch and want more. Fucking spoiled asswipes. There are asshole who will put down 1/10 of an hour over time! They buy a fucking Bic pen for $1.50, they want to be reimbursed for it!
Wife works there too, doing the accounting, hundreds of millions of dollars every year, she hates most of those those fucking spoiled morons.
One of the morons just ordered a fucking $15,000 UPS (backup power). What good is that going to do for a server room packed full of shit? It may...MAY, run the stuff for a half hour or so. Idiots.
That's the same just about everywhere. It's generational.

As for the UPS, they're not intended to run for any extended period of time. They keep stuffing running long enough to shut it down without losing any data or damaging any hardware.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Gov't work... I loves it! :fu: Repeat after me... 960 hours of leave accrued in just under 2yrs...lol Nothing like having $32,000+ in vacay time just marinating. Come next week it goes up in value another 10%...hahaha. If it took it all consecutively... Id accrue another 3 weeks of vacay at my rate. I work with guys getting 4 days a month vacay. They either take mondays or fridays off just to burn the time... :D Got another 12 yrs to get to that level. :D

Top Bottom