Hey old folks, how many times ya gotta wake up & pee

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
This weeks constant topic seems to be old age so I'm going with the flow (pun intended).
Beer makes me pee like nothing else in this world.
Vodka, not so much.

I've got a friend who just turned 50.
For the last few years, he's averaging six times a night that he has to get up and pee.
I never had this issue till a year or so ago? I'm now waking up once a night to pee.

I can't imagine six times a night.
When do you even sleep.

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
My hair isn't grey enough for that shit

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
But when the weather turns cold, some days I'll have to take a leak every hour! But not over night.

Rocco

BAM
I'm now waking up once a night to pee.

Once a night is considered normal according to my urologist. If your lucky, you might go back to zero times a night again. It happened to me that way. For a whole month, I suddenly started getting up once every night. After 4 or 5 weeks I was back to zero times and have stayed there since.

BigGar

high on placebo
I'm usually once per night guy, and I'll have to go again first thing as soon as I get up in the morning. PSA is always way low, which is good. I'm 57 for the next week... Morning coffee really gets through me quickly though, as anyone who's ridden with me early knows. I get the fuckin' pee-pee's until that shit is all out of me. Piss even smells like coffee (and piss). I can literally finish taking a solid whiz and within five minutes take another one. Almost like as soon as I'm finished I have to go again until that coffee is out. No. I'm not giving up coffee.

CID

BAMF+
I had to piss all the time too until I realized I had sleep apnea. Once I addressed it, I haven't had to get up to piss since. Every guy in the world needs to take a piss in the morning when they wake up. You wake up a a LOT when you have sleep apnea.

VFR Rider

BAMF
I am 58 and have to get up once each night to pee. Also have to go first thing after the alarm wakes me. Been this way for many years.

I drink a lot of water through the day and try to taper off in the evening. Otherwise I may have to wake twice to pee.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I was having problems before my latest medication change.
Gabapentin has been working extremely well at helping me sleep for at least 4 hours at a time and sometimes more.

Instead of having to get up 2-3 times a night I'm now usually able wait until morning when I wake up but,
sometimes I'll still wake up and have to piss once in a while.
PSA is normal.

I always have two gallons of water chilled and drink at least a gallon and a half of that each day but, more if I'm out and about.
It's mostly thanks to HTCZ Lisinopril I have constant cotton mouth so, I chew sugar-free gum too.
One cup of coffee in the morning.
Sometimes I'll drink beer, wine rarely and occasionally whiskey.
Beer increases need to piss and whiskey makes me pee on my feet or in my pants, depending on amount I've had.

Still weaning myself off the Tramadol to do my part for ending the opioid crisis...:roll:
We'll see what happens next week when I stop taking it completely.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
At 67, I mostly sleep through the night. Get up and piss at 6:15 or 6:30, then start hammering a full pot of coffee. If I drink fast enough, I may piss again at 10:30 or 11:00. But sometimes, it's noon before my bladder wakes back up.

Amazes my wife. She's up 1 or 2 times a night. But she's 70.

We had a Domino game at the house last night, so I was up until midnite cleaning up. Had my last sugar free cola by 9:30pm, so I got run out of bed at 6am to piss this morning, but that was an aberration.

Z

BAMF+
Only once,,, per night.. :yahoo:

But,,,, :confused2: frum july thru oct.

When I had either 1 err 2 stents in,,

frum kidneys ta bladder,,

it wuz every 2 hours,, errr less.. :mad2:

Kidney stones,,,,,,,,,,,,, SUCK............... :dash2:

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as "ill fuK anything" lucystrike
sleep is one of those things that if missed or disturbed immediately starts affecting other areas of your life. Biggest thing is not eating or drinking a couple hours before bed. Basically if you fast between 6pm & 6am... Id bet youd resolve alot of issues.

llord2

BAM
Tamsulosin. One a day keeps me from pissing 2-3 times a night

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Aging is fun. I had my prostate removed at 53. No more wet spot , pee like kid. I don’t recommend it until necessary tho ....
What are the considerations for this? PM if desired.

I'm not one for "elective" surgery, but I'm also not going to suffer through urinary control concerns for the next 30 years. If I'm seeing this behavior at almost 50, then this is a precursor.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
There are other medical issues not involving the prostate that cause the need to urinate more than the "average" of 8-10 times in a 24 hour period. Interstitial Cystitus is one of them.

Last edited:

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
cancer.... totally not elective surgery.
Ah, thanks for the response.

So what now controls fluid flow? What considerations did you have to make as a result of not having a prostate? Eternal meds? "Pacemaker" prostate? Doesn't sound like you have regrets.

gsteve

BAMF+
I’m not sure what it’s called but there’s a muscle that takes over. It’s the one that’s used when doing kegels for men. It subconsciously takes over. But you have to get it in shape. I had robotic surgery which makes it easier to save the nerves that run you man junk. I had zero issues. Everything works as it always did. But I do believe I was lucky , and prepared. If you have any questions pm me.

Spearjig

BAMF
Just had mine checked out this morning as I've up through the night about 5 - 6 times over the last two months and its enlarged.So I'm on some drug or other that controls it and one of the side effects is hair regrowth (on 60% of men) so every cloud and all that shit....

Z

BAMF+
Month out,, frum kidney stone,,, surgery.. :ducmanic:

N' da last 4 nites,, slept thru,,,,,,,,,,, 9 hours ,,, :D

n' din't,,,,,,,,,,,,,, have ta get up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at all... :yahoo:

OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Just had mine checked out this morning as I've up through the night about 5 - 6 times over the last two months and its enlarged.So I'm on some drug or other that controls it and one of the side effects is hair regrowth (on 60% of men) so every cloud and all that shit....
Are your pubes coming back in again ;)

jk
Hope the meds work well for what they are intended!

Top Bottom