Hey Dolan, you read this bullshit?

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
California governor signs large-scale law capping rent increases

California governor signs large-scale law capping rent increases

California will limit how much landlords can increase rents over the next decade as the state continues to grapple with a housing crisis that has exacerbated its homelessness epidemic.

The law signed by Newsom limits year-over-year rent increases to five percent plus inflation until Jan.1, 2030. Landlords are also barred from evicting tenants without just cause, a provision meant to curb evictions just to raise rents.

The law doesn't take effect until Jan. 1 but retroactively applies to rent increases on or after March 15 of this year to prevent landlords raising rents before the cap goes into effect.

But wait...

Last year, voters rejected a statewide rent control ballot measure. Los Angeles, San Francisco and Oakland already have some form of rent control, but a 1995 law bans new rent control policies...

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
Yup, thank Airbnb its part in the housing crisis

But this measure should backfire

Like I said on the 'other thread', if I were a property owner, I'd Airbnb instead of lease, and now after this measure it makes more sense than ever

Like a snake eating its tail

C. Dolan

BAMF+
It's bullshit , and if that wasn't bad enough, they may be putting a proposition on the Nov , 2020 ballot to tamper with prop 13.

They want to bring " commercial " real estate tax rate up to current value.

Not sure if 4 units and smaller would be exempt as the banks call them " residential rentals "

as opposed to 5 units and up being commercial.

I predicted when the parasites outnumber the productive, they would try to tank prop 13.

OP
OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Getting rid of prop 13 is three pronged.

1. Split roll, all commercial and industrial property comes up to current levels

2. All rental or inherited properties comes up to current levels

3. Me so solly. You funny guy Joe.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Burn it all down or blow it up with dynamite like in the last episode of Little House on the Prairie?

CID

BAMF+
if I were a democrat capping inflation would seem like a great idea to make housing affordable.
In fact, In my state your primary home has a 3% cap (property taxes). Rentals however aren't protected.

So given they're trying to address the homeless housing -- What's the incentive for the owner of the property?
Is there's some tax incentive that helps the owner's tax roll or is this all one sided for the comrad living on the street?

Top Bottom