Headed to NW Montana tomorrow.

RollieFree

BAMF
My oldest bought an off grid place on 20 acres deep in the mountains. Headed up to check it out and see the grand kid.
they have a guest apartment above a 4 car garage. They keep pushing us to retire and move up there. They will either give us a couple acres to build a shop/house or live in the guest joint which is 100 yards from their house. Might be worth considering once I hit 66.
RF

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
15(?) years ago I was messaging with a female who used to be a member here, can't recall her name (Michelle?), but she was a realtor. I had her looking for land for me in the foothills of the Bitterroot Mountains. I wanted to buy the land at that time, and then eventually build there in ten or 20 years.

My wife was adamantly against it! No fucking way she wanted to be isolated with me out in the middle of nowhere, regardless of how beautiful the scenery was. :neutral:
I still wish I would have gone ahead and bought a nice chunk of land, regardless of what we might or might not ever do with it. It would have been paid off by now. I was a little concerned about squatters, etc. since I didn't have friends in the area. The weather was a factor, as well. :lol:

Vegas12

BAMF+
Picked up my Triumph in missoula.....
Between Idaho Falls and there was a nice drive.

Got stopped for doing 90 by Montana's finest.

He let me go....

I then screamed at him that I was an American and I know my rights....Wait?? You’re letting me off?? ......No youtube video???....
Nevermind.

He laughed......a little.

Bandit Man

BAMF
Picked up my Triumph in missoula.....
Between Idaho Falls and there was a nice drive.

Got stopped for doing 90 by Montana's finest.

He let me go....

I then screamed at him that I was an American and I know my rights....Wait?? You’re letting me off?? ......No youtube video???....
Nevermind.

He laughed......a little.
I miss Montanabaun

Vegas12

BAMF+
I miss Montanabaun
I was an idiot.....a trucker going the opposite direction was flashing his lights frantically.

What a spaz, I told my wife ....10 seconds later there's the trooper sitting in the center divider.

I pulled over before he even started moving.

Asked me how fast. Told him I was speeding.

He either didn't run my license or the computers are fast.....maybe 30 seconds in his car.

I went across a bunch of Montana in the snow on my old Z-1 in '84. Finally got snowed in at Sheridan, Wyoming for 3 days. I was much younger then, not sure how I didn't die.

The scenery was beautiful though.

LE05BUSA

GFY
Z

Anaconda isn't really NW Montana That's bought out Montana.
Get ahold of me and I'll show you rural Montana!
My grandmother's second husband was from Anaconda. It gets really fucking cold there.

I still want to buy property in Sanders County, before all the leftists move in and fuck it up. Lincoln County (where Wormser is talking about) would be my #2.

I guy I worked with was from Montana, he use to be a oil rigger person until he figured working as a IT electronic engineer was a better paying job than getting dirty in the oil fields. Great place if you like to hunt, fish or be left alone, most people carry guns out there. He told me when they were teenagers they use to go out with the Hunderights chicks "religious group" because they were EZ lay and mostly ugly but a hole is a hole to them cowboys. I think he moved back to Montana after he got done with his contract with the government. He's the guy that dared me to try chew and dam I did and punked my guts out and I got really sick.

Buelldozer

Anarcho-Frontierest
I like Montana but the good parts are starting to get yuppified just like Colorado and Wyoming. I'll probably end up moving to Alaska before I die.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Good pics, nice fish. Looks like it took both hands and a foot to get the last one in.

OP
RollieFree

RollieFree

BAMF
Made it home. The G5 made the trip in 90 minutes from Bozeman and landed at Prescott, so we weren’t troubled with Sky Harbor or the 2 hour ride home in the G500. Some rest and the F1 race in the morning and back to the garage. Crazy isn’t it?..
RF

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Beautiful pics,

but that heat stove and cooking stove are out Fucking standing !

OP
RollieFree

RollieFree

BAMF
Ok…the real story is this:
2 hour ride in a Subaru to Bozeman, coach flight to Phx, shuttle ride up to Prescott. I got dropped off at the campus where my ‘01, 225k Malibu was parked. Rolled in at 9:00pm, cruised down the street for a beer and a chicken sandwich then home to Chino.
Sound s little more LAB?…
The back to work in the garage part is accurate though.
RF

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Makes me think of childhood at Grandma's house.
She used the fireplace to cook over too.
We had one when I was a kid in the 60's. Our white privilege has us living in a dilapidated farm house in BFE South Dakota. The house had no heat, the upstairs was blocked off because it was so bad up there, of course we'd sneak up there. Burned corn cobs in the cookstove/oven. Burned wood at night because it lasted longer. When it was really cold, we'd sleep in the kitchen.

When I moved to Florida, my white privilege had me living in a dump of a shack by the river with no A/C or locks on the doors. Thirteen years of no A/C or heat in Florida. It also had a hole in the bathroom floor that I covered with a piece of plywood. That wood would probably cost hundreds of dollars now.
Trian would come by on a trestle over the river and shake the whole dump. I can't believe how good I've had it, thank gawd I'm white and privileged.

Team222

BAMF
So you’re saying you lived in a bungalow on riverfront property, your neighborhood was so safe you didn’t need to lock the doors, the breeze was so pleasant you didn’t need A/C, you didn’t need heat because of the temperate climate and public transportation was only a block away!

What a blessed life you’ve lived!

Top Bottom