HB 5717 2nd Admendment bullshit

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
In addition to the requirements for licensing for both firearms and ammunition, there will be an excise tax that raises the cost of firearms by 30% and ammo by 50%

Applicable text of bill:

“SEC. 4181. IMPOSITION OF TAX.
“There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:
“(1) Articles taxable at 30 percent:
“(A) Pistols.
“(B) Revolvers.
“(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
“(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.
“(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.”.

The whole bill.

I hope this shit doesn't pass!!:2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:😡😡😡

• Red
Reactions: Red
In addition to the requirements for licensing for both firearms and ammunition, there will be an excise tax that raises the cost of firearms by 30% and ammo by 50%

Applicable text of bill:

“SEC. 4181. IMPOSITION OF TAX.
“There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:
“(1) Articles taxable at 30 percent:
“(A) Pistols.
“(B) Revolvers.
“(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
“(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.
“(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.”.

The whole bill.

I hope this shit doesn't pass!!:2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::2guns::hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:😡😡😡
There is no such thing as hoping it will not pass, need to support the NRA, write your congress person for your district etc. Hoping get you no where but worries.

Don't vote, Don't cheat, don't have dead people voting will get you no where, get active.

Taxation with out representation is like TEA tax when the British tried to bend over the colonialist

rumble phish

BAMF+
Click on AD's link and you'll see this- it was never voted on and died when the previous session of Congress expired:

View attachment 56575
I saw the "in committee" date and thought it said March 2021, not 2020. :girl-wacko:

That was 12/31/2020. Today is a whole different ball game. You seriously think they won't run it (or something similar) up the flag pole again to see who'll salute? Death by a thousand cuts. I have to agree with CSJ on this topic. I think this administration will try to strike a death blow to the 2nd.

Z

BAMF+
Only maddas,, :roll: iffin,, ya plan on,, buyin, :2guns:

sum,,,,,,,,, a de,,, above. :yahoo:

Procrastinatin ,,, has kinda Schiavoed ya,,, in da :moon:

Hasn't it... :smashtard:

Last edited:
OP

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
That was 12/31/2020. Today is a whole different ball game. You seriously think they won't run it (or something similar) up the flag pole again to see who'll salute? Death by a thousand cuts. I have to agree with CSJ on this topic. I think this administration will try to strike a death blow to the 2nd.
They probably will. Sux!!!!!

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yes, it could happen, but, unless the Senate filibuster rule is voted out (which looks unlikely, as there are Dem Senators against doing it), this kind of legislation probably wouldn't make it through unless 10 Rep Senators sign on (assuming all 50 Dem Senators would vote for it). With McConnell out as top dog, more gun control bills will at least come to the Senate floor for a vote.

There's a similar law here in Thailand (where citizens can own guns- they're limited to 9mm or smaller rounds unless they've been in the military- shotguns and rifles are unlimited)- there's a tax of ~250% (a Glock 19 is the equivalent of ~$3000 once all is said and done- the wife has one, though she's never shot it- I bring it to the range once a year, where I shoot $2.50 a round crap range ammo- I can't own a gun as a foreigner, but I can shoot one at the range and use it for home defense as long as both the gun and myself are on the house registration), which means there are mostly cheap .22 and .38 caliber revolvers in private hands, as they can be bought for a couple hundred on the second-hand market.

Essentially, taxes are used as a way to limit gun ownership.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Yes, it could happen, but, unless the Senate filibuster rule is voted out (which looks unlikely, as there are Dem Senators against doing it), this kind of legislation probably wouldn't make it through unless 10 Rep Senators sign on (assuming all 50 Dem Senators would vote for it). With McConnell out as top dog, more gun control bills will at least come to the Senate floor for a vote.

There's a similar law here in Thailand (where citizens can own guns- they're limited to 9mm or smaller rounds unless they've been in the military- shotguns and rifles are unlimited)- there's a tax of ~250% (a Glock 19 is the equivalent of ~$3000 once all is said and done- the wife has one, though she's never shot it- I bring it to the range once a year, where I shoot $2.50 a round crap range ammo- I can't own a gun as a foreigner, but I can shoot one at the range and use it for home defense as long as both the gun and myself are on the house registration), which means there are mostly cheap .22 and .38 caliber revolvers in private hands, as they can be bought for a couple hundred on the sexond-hand market.

Essentially, taxes are used as a way to limit gun ownership.
Um... yeah, that's one of the points of this thread. Here in the United States of America we have this little piece of paper agreed to and signed off by the founders of this nation called "The United States Constitution". There are several amendments in it, but one of THE most important ones was the second one they decided to attach to it, known affectionately as "the 2nd Amendment". That amendment guaranteed the right of U.S. citizens to own, and bear (if need be), firearms. This amendment was NOT TO BE INFRINGED.

Using taxes to limit ownership IS THE DEFINITION OF INFRINGMENT. Also, it keeps those with lower incomes unable to purchase (own) a firearm, essentially keeping the "peasants" only armed with their shovels and pitchforks.

And the Democrats will continue to chip away at the second until they either achieve their goal or the people seriously fight back. The idea of 10 Republican Senators flipping on the gun issue is not far fetched.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Um... yeah, that's one of the points of this thread. Here in the United States of America we have this little piece of paper agreed to and signed off by the founders of this nation called "The United States Constitution". There are several amendments in it, but one of THE most important ones was the second one they decided to attach to it, known affectionately as "the 2nd Amendment". That amendment guaranteed the right of U.S. citizens to own, and bear (if need be), firearms. This amendment was NOT TO BE INFRINGED.

Using taxes to limit ownership IS THE DEFINITION OF INFRINGMENT. Also, it keeps those with lower incomes unable to purchase (own) a firearm, essentially keeping the "peasants" only armed with their shovels and pitchforks.

And the Democrats will continue to chip away at the second until they either achieve their goal or the people seriously fight back. The idea of 10 Republican Senators flipping on the gun issue is not far fetched.
Thanks, but I don't need a lesson on the Constitution. Not sure why you have this massive stick up your ass toward my posts on this thread, which have all been relevant to the OP. I gave a real-world example of how a similar law affects another country (and me personally)- I expressed zero support for it, and I would have much preferred to spend $500 on my wife's gun rather than the $3,000 I dropped on it (I wanted a Sig 229 for a few hundred more as I owned one for years and I'm used to it- it's sitting in my brother's gun safe in NY- but her dad really wanted us to get the Glock, so, that's what we got- I couldn't refuse his advice- it's a Thai thing- we could get one as a second gun, but at those prices I ain't buying no second gun).

To be clear, I'm against high taxes on any purchasable item, guns included (I'm no 'gun-grabber'). I live in the land of the $163,000 (due to taxes) Mustang GT- fuck that shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom