Have a torn rotator cuff. Anyone experience this and did you have surgery

Website
cs.com
Been riding a motorcycle for years and have fallen on the street and at the track a few times and never torn anything. Ride a damn bicycle (after not riding one for 40!years) for excersise reasons. Hit a pot hole covered in water and down I went. I have 90 percent movement of my arm but, raising it above my head hurts. Anyone ever experience this and did you have surgery and what was your outcome after surgery?

hedgehog

BAMF
i had a damaged rotator cuff repaired (also had a fibrous growth on the brachial nerve which didn´t help) about 3 years ago.

they did it with keyhole surgery, and 2 hours after i woke up i could move my shoulder nearly as well as i could before.

with 2 weeks of physio, all was good and back to normal.

i get a bit of an ache when the weather is shitty, but nothing to write home about.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
It's one of those "pretty good" types of surgery. Of course things can go wrong but it's unlikely.

I have a friend who is allergic to pain, like any, and after 10 years of being a chicken and not doing the surgery he felt completely stupid with how great it turned out.

BigHock

BAMF
They have it down to a very small incision and laser shit. No worries. Get it done. PT is difficult afterwards, but having an arm that works is nice.

They will probably suggest physical therapy before you go under the blade. You can just do that yourself, wait it out see if it gets better. I broke my humerous, torn rotary cup back in 2001..8 months later it quit hurting above 80 percent motion. Young doctors chomping at the bit to do the surgery, didn't let them, the other one is just as bad. 18 years later shit hurts sometimes, but other stuff that hasn't been broken hurts just as bad.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I never had the time for the rehab...

BigGar

high on placebo
i had a damaged rotator cuff repaired (also had a fibrous growth on the brachial nerve which didn´t help) about 3 years ago.

they did it with keyhole surgery, and 2 hours after i woke up i could move my shoulder nearly as well as i could before.

with 2 weeks of physio, all was good and back to normal.

i get a bit of an ache when the weather is shitty, but nothing to write home about.
What the fuck kind of rotator cuff surgery did they do that allowed you to move your shoulder at all two hours after surgery?

I've had both shoulders done, and both need to be done again. One was done six months ago and I managed to fuck it all to hell somehow, so I need a post-op MRI and probably more surgery. The recovery time for rotator cuff repair is fucking awful. 30-40 days in a sling 24/7 with zero movement or therapy. Very slow introduction of mobility after that, followed by very slow introduction to strength after that. Six months before you're cleared to start behaving normally, full recovery will take about a year.

It's fucked.

Especially when it's often something that's not terribly awful to just live with. I dunno. I'm just fucking depressed about my left shoulder right now as I really did try to be a good patient and take things easy, but I'm also self-employed and work with my hands for a living and can't afford to take months off of work. I don't know when or what, but at some point I fucked something up. Faaaaack. . .

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Three surgeries one arm two on the other. Pending a surgery AGAIN on both surgeries. I tear shoulders like a roll of bounty.

hedgehog

BAMF
Maybe having it done in the same clinic that the spanish royal family goes to might have something to do with it, and all that for my 120 euros a year private insurance.

Two incisions for the tool tube and camera to go down (3 stitches in each), a short sleep, and it was all over.

It's not something considered particually dramatic here.

NTRYDR

Been There. Done That.
Been riding a motorcycle for years and have fallen on the street and at the track a few times and never torn anything. Ride a damn bicycle (after not riding one for 40!years) for excersise reasons. Hit a pot hole covered in water and down I went. I have 90 percent movement of my arm but, raising it above my head hurts. Anyone ever experience this and did you have surgery and what was your outcome after surgery?
Blew out my rotator cuff..and long head bicep at work..Tore up the tendon involved, also..Don’t know how bad yours is..Mine was..as the sports surgeon who worked on me..was the worst closed wound injury he had ever seen..And he worked on The Red Wings for awhile..Did have surgery..I have no real rotator cuff or longhead bicep, to speak of..But after a year of PT regained some sembalance of strength in my left arm..

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
Well this is completely fucked. So sorry to read this. Yeah, I'm thinking I also have a couple of fucked up shoulders. Different injury episodes, coupled with a long life of raising tons of hell with these shoulders....I'll be calling you on the phone so you can tell me personally how fucked up this is....Damn it man! :mad2::mad2:

What the fuck kind of rotator cuff surgery did they do that allowed you to move your shoulder at all two hours after surgery?

I've had both shoulders done, and both need to be done again. One was done six months ago and I managed to fuck it all to hell somehow, so I need a post-op MRI and probably more surgery. The recovery time for rotator cuff repair is fucking awful. 30-40 days in a sling 24/7 with zero movement or therapy. Very slow introduction of mobility after that, followed by very slow introduction to strength after that. Six months before you're cleared to start behaving normally, full recovery will take about a year.

It's fucked.

Especially when it's often something that's not terribly awful to just live with. I dunno. I'm just fucking depressed about my left shoulder right now as I really did try to be a good patient and take things easy, but I'm also self-employed and work with my hands for a living and can't afford to take months off of work. I don't know when or what, but at some point I fucked something up. Faaaaack. . .

My favorite quote from motorcyclemaniac........."we cum, you go"
I'm sure no one else remembers.

Top Bottom