Has anyone ridden one of these?

A23

BAMF

Honda CB1000R

I got T-boned last week on my '15 CB1100 and the insurance company wants to total it.

I liked the bike a lot...It was basically a perfect 1969 CB750.

...but it wasn't built for the highway.,,or speed for that matter.

I need a new bike and Super Dukes and such are overkill for me at this stage in my arthritic life.

p.s. My right leg got crunched...seeing an ortho surgeon this week...no broken bones.

p.s.s Mustangs are built like shit

thum.jpeg thum.jpeg

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Looks rideable.

Glad you didn't fuckup the Mustang worse than that...

...you might have really gotten hurt badly.

Seriously, here's to a full recovery of your time, finances and health.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Sorry about the bike..glad ya didnt get to fucked on that hit... lots of good choices in the sit up naked market right now .. the yamaha MT 09 or MT 10 outstanding.. and left overs go pretty cheap.

DaCat

BAMF
Damn, glad there are no broken bones. The human body is fragile and an impact like that can really fuck things up for a long time if not forever (think DaZee).

As for the bike, get an Arpilia Tuono or something with more soul. You will thank me later. :wink2:

RobBase

BAMF
I don't know where you ever got the idea that a SuperDuke is too much.
I'm 54 and been in construction my whole life so you can bet I know what sore feels like.
The SD is the most comfortable bike I've ever owned.
The SD is the most fun bike I've ever owned.
The SD has no drawbacks that I've discovered in 3 years of riding it, besides the price.
On the highway, it rolls at 85 in 6th gear at what feels like idle rpms.
In the city and tight stuff it's like riding a lightweight beginners bike.
It is fairly tall but I'm 5'9" and have no problem.

Plus, that Honda looks overly stylized to the point of ridiculousness.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...methinks "ludicrous" is the word that best fits...

...we talkin' the style of the Super Duke, right...???....

VFR Rider

BAMF
I am kind of biased toward sport touring bikes. This one comes with a lot of great features like electronic cruise, quick shifter, heated grips, TC, ABS etc. Yamaha Tracer 900 GT. Not much to look at but I am riding it not looking at it.

untitled.png

VFR Rider

BAMF
I have been riding one of these since 2011 and could not be happier. This is a 2013 as I totaled my first one. The new model has some significant upgrades and hard bags are an available option.

Ninja 1000.jpg

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I actually kind of like this thing, except no faring...it looks plain next to something like a 'Duke...it seems more simple than stylized...
1549717237501.png

RobBase

BAMF
Hate list:
1. Radiator cover...should be black.
2. Clutch cover and cylinder sides, the dumb silver highlights. Get rid of them.
3. The disjointed rear "fender/license plate holder". Trash it and put the tag under the seat where it belongs.
4. As usual, can no one design an exhaust that doesn't look like it came out of a comic book?

Fix those and it's not half bad but it probably is still like riding a sewing machine.

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Some Nekkid Bikes .............

Attachments

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
p.s. My right leg got crunched...seeing an ortho surgeon this week...no broken bones.

p.s.s Mustangs are built like shit
Would you have rather the kinetic energy prior to the crash go more into the destruction of your right leg, and bike than into the Mustang?

Seems to me, the car came apart they way it was designed to do...

OP
OP
A23

A23

BAMF
Firstly....let me apologize for starting a bike thread.:smile2:

Nextly...let me thank those that took the time to suggest some options.

I bought my CB1100 after I had seen it sitting next to the FZ-09 I had fully intending on buying. I loved the look & the quality. I knew it wasn't anywhere close to being fast or that it had a capable chassis...but that wasn't what I was looking for.

I wanted a stylish standard compact upright that was good around town riding with occasional highway use. I was coming off a Ducati that I never jibed with.

Anyway, while the CB1100 was deceptively slow, I loved how smooth and predictable it was. But it is a dinosaur.Honda didn't sell many here.

I'd love to get another...but a little more oomph and the ability to wheelie once in a while is tempting. If Honda sold the CB1100 RS here I'd get one...even though the motor is the same limp lump.

I'm waiting to here how much the insurance is giving me for my bike. I may just get it back on salvage title and fix it. Handle bars, footpeg, clutch lever and a front brake rotor will make it rideable...cosmetics are another story.

I've retained legal counsel. I've never had to do that before.
Any advice on that?

CB1100...the bike I have

CB1100 RS...not available in U.S.

OP
OP
A23

A23

BAMF
Would you have rather the kinetic energy prior to the crash go more into the destruction of your right leg, and bike than into the Mustang?

Seems to me, the car came apart they way it was designed to do...
Don't get me wrong...I'm glad it wasn't a '52 Buick.

I was just surprised how many plastic pieces fell off.

Funny story. At the moment of impact, I looked and saw a big dog behind the windshield. As I lay there, I was thinking "was that dog driving?"...and "of course he hit me....he couldn't reach the brake pedal."

Turns out the driver was an actor/dogwalker. He had six dogs of varying size in the car on their way to the local dog park.

That dog park is a great pussy pickup spot.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Don't get me wrong...I'm glad it wasn't a '52 Buick.

I was just surprised how many plastic pieces fell off.

Funny story. At the moment of impact, I looked and saw a big dog behind the windshield. As I lay there, I was thinking "was that dog driving?"...and "of course he hit me....he couldn't reach the brake pedal."

Turns out the driver was an actor/dogwalker. He had six dogs of varying size in the car on their way to the local dog park.

That dog park is a great pussy pickup spot.
Were the dogs OK?
Did the "actor" act concerned after he punted you?

Master-Cylinder

I'm of the opinion that Honda's are cheap junk, just feel cheap when working on them. I'd look at the new Kawasaki Z900.

OP
OP
A23

A23

BAMF
I'm of the opinion that Honda's are cheap junk, just feel cheap when working on them. I'd look at the new Kawasaki Z900.
Really?

My CB1100 is really nicely built...and I've read a few reviews of the CB1000RS and every one mentioned the great build quality vs. others in the segment.
I do value your opinion.

Master-Cylinder

Really?

My CB1100 is really nicely built...and I've read a few reviews of the CB1000RS and every one mentioned the great build quality vs. others in the segment.
I do value your opinion.

There's just something that feels tinny aboot them. With the other Japanese makes, the parts just feel a bit beefier. I soured on Hondas when they came out with those fucking junk V4's and the old CBR1000 that had giant stamped steel cam chain tensioners. And the big XL and XR's... woof! Just my "feeling" aboot them.
When I was a kid, none of us wanted a turd four stroke Honda.
But, Honda has a good name, so go for it, don't let a sour old (same age as most on here) mechanic sway you. You'll be happy with it.:up:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...probably this...but maybe the super duke...not much there that don't belong...

...methinks this will be Chris's pick, but I am sure it would be mind...

...maybe I could test them all some time...(grin)

1549809452361.png

Hapo

Dog Boy
...the Buell might take the cake, except for it's a Buell...I really do miss mind...it is probably not much heavier than a Duke...
1549809858179.png

Top Bottom