Has anyone here done the TAT?

OP
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff

Got some prep ta do...busy as a one armed paper hanger for a bit but it’s a must do. Just not sure when it will happen :mad2: but it will happen...good Lord willing.

Anal Disco

BAMF
What's your prep looking like?

I can send you the roll strips that came with my maps if you have the roll box setup.

Rolling solo? Where are you going to start?

OP
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

Kinda been to busy to think much about it other than to know, in my knower, I'm gonna go. I'm sure it will be solo but that's subject to change. I'll reach out to you when it gets further along, thanks!

scottcolbath

BAMF+

Got some prep ta do...busy as a one armed paper hanger for a bit but it’s a must do. Just not sure when it will happen :mad2: but it will happen...good Lord willing.
What mods are you making to the bike?

Luggage?

Suspension?

??

S.C.

Looks like a good time,..

Bought that 350 with this in mind , haven’t found the time ...

pimpslayer

BAMF+
A couple years back, we were talking about this on another forum.

I said if we were gonna do it (3 or 4 guys), we should make it a challenge and use CT110 Hondas.

The thread kinda petered out after that...:lol:

OP
OP
sailUSVI

sailUSVI

What mods are you making to the bike?

Luggage?

Suspension?

??

S.C.
Thanks Scott, that website has great info.

Mods? Since I’ve never owned a KLR I’ll know more today after I pick it up in SA. I’m sure suspension will be number 1. As far as the rest we’ll see.

Much rather of bought a 500EXC, maybe another day :turboblew:

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Thanks Scott, that website has great info.

Mods? Since I’ve never owned a KLR I’ll know more today after I pick it up in SA. I’m sure suspension will be number 1. As far as the rest we’ll see.

Much rather of bought a 500EXC, maybe another day :turboblew:
The KLR will get you there, but not with the zest of a KTM, or Lucky's disdain.

As far as luggage for the bike, I learned early on to stay away from hard bags. All it took was one slide, and putting my left foot down, only to have it be consumed beneath the space of the left hard bag and the ground. It fucking hurt. That was on JimJib's 1100 GS, back in 2004. When I outfitted my new 640 Adv in 2005, I went with Dirt Bagz stuff. DBZ Products - Luggages Solutions for Dual Sport Motorcycles Decent quality. Does exactly what it needs to do. If you're going to be expecting rain, get some liners or dry bags for the important stuff, like clothes.

If you put a set of tires on it, I suggest the Conti TKC-80. I've been using those for 15 years, going back to my first 640 Adv in 2004. Good on asphalt and better in the dirt that most of the DS options out there.

S.C.

Top Bottom