GSG 1911 .22lr pictures and review (gun stuff, so limeys don't shat yourself)

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Looks like a fun little plinker. It's unfortunate that they couldn't figure out how to remove the slide with out the use of an allen wrench (key?)

still for those who still like the feel of the 1911, in grown up rounds, it is a cheap way of making little holes in paper.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I've tried a couple. Decent shooters (accuracy), but really, what .22lr gun isn't? The main problem with these are that they are finicky when it comes to ammo, as are almost all .22lr semi's. They like the high velocity stuff. Nothing under 1200 feet per second. CCI Mni-Mags always seem to be the best, but I've had decent luck with the Remington Thunderbolt ammo.

I like the 1911 frame, but just couldn't like the GSG 22 enought to buy one. I much prefer my Ruger Mk II, and I'm hoping to get my hands on a Mk IV. I also really enjoyed my Browning Buckmark. But the most fun I've ever had plinking with a .22 handgun was with my old Ruger Bearcat. I'm wanting to check out their new single action "Wrangler" as well.

OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
110 round for the .22 GSG 1911.

I have no idea why....but there it is... $59.95

Why, because pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, pew, that's why :)

wormser77

BAMF
For some reason I wouldn't mind picking up a little ruger wrangler wheel gun.

If I didn't like my S&W Victory .22 I'd look at that GSG. Especially at that price.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Those GSGs are cheap for a reason. Pot metal garbage.

The wrangler looks more better.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
The beaver tail is more dangerous than what comes out of the muzzle.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Well, looks like I'll be picking up another Ruger, since the Wrangler is on the California roster.

Maybe two, since I'd like to pick up a Blackhawk in .357.

Maybe three, since I'd like to pick up something in. .44 Mag.

Fuck... Here we go again!

hedgehog

BAMF
Those GSGs are cheap for a reason. Pot metal garbage.

speaking of pot metal firearms, dunno if it got mentioned here or not, but hi-point had a sort of poll to name one of their newer pistols, and due to some folks with a sense of humour, they ended up with this....

Hi-Point® Firearms: YEET Cannon G1

at first it seems they were not going to go with the name, but later decided to.

good to see they don´t take themselves too seriously

:ducmanic:

Austin_F

BAMF+
by the way if you buy the GSG with the fake suppressor, it comes with a threaded barrel.

so if you have the required legal ability you can put a real suppressor on them pretty easily.

OP
ysr_racer

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
by the way if you buy the GSG with the fake suppressor, it comes with a threaded barrel.

so if you have the required legal ability you can put a real suppressor on them pretty easily.
I think all of them except the CA legal version come with threaded barrels. They even sell a cone to replace the thread protector that functions as a barrel bushing.

Top Bottom