got up to 107 here today

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
60 and been raining for the last 2 days and the next one..

OP
fish_antlers
Website
www.bikeland.org
People have A/C in your area?

Pretty much no one. We have a heat pump / central air. Put that in immediately after the last heat wave that was about 12 years ago. Swore never again to be caught without ac. I'd say about 5 % of homes here have ac and half of the new apartments. Today will be a real test of my system. It had a hard time keeping up in the upstairs could only get it to cool to 74.5 even though it was set to 70. It is suppose to be 5 to 10 degrees hotter today and tomorrow... I lowered the overall temp of the house to 68 and changed the fan to on to keep the air moving. Also previously had it warmer in day colder at night, instead just flattening that to one temp 24hrs a day. Have a 2.5 ton Lennox - they wanted to put in a 1 ton and right about now I am glad I got the larger unit. We did a big gay eco refit at the same time as when we got the heat pump. Windows, insulation etc - they are listing the house as energy star 87% which is pretty good as it is a piece of shit. Will discover over the next two days if I can tweak the settings enough to keep the house cool, or if the heat outside will overpower the capacity we have to cool. Will be interesting to.say the least. My neighbors on either side of me are in their 90s. Worried for them.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Pretty much no one. We have a heat pump / central air. Put that in immediately after the last heat wave that was about 12 years ago. Swore never again to be caught without ac. I'd say about 5 % of homes here have ac and half of the new apartments. Today will be a real test of my system. It had a hard time keeping up in the upstairs could only get it to cool to 74.5 even though it was set to 70. It is suppose to be 5 to 10 degrees hotter today and tomorrow... I lowered the overall temp of the house to 68 and changed the fan to on to keep the air moving. Also previously had it warmer in day colder at night, instead just flattening that to one temp 24hrs a day. Have a 2.5 ton Lennox - they wanted to put in a 1 ton and right about now I am glad I got the larger unit. We did a big gay eco refit at the same time as when we got the heat pump. Windows, insulation etc - they are listing the house as energy star 87% which is pretty good as it is a piece of shit. Will discover over the next two days if I can tweak the settings enough to keep the house cool, or if the heat outside will overpower the capacity we have to cool. Will be interesting to.say the least. My neighbors on either side of me are in their 90s. Worried for them.
Seventy fucking degrees in your house? That's what I like aboot you cupcakes, give me excessive comfort or give me death.
It was close to 90 yesterday and humid. I had to dig up and repair a sump pump at the loading dock at work. I generated nary a drop of sweat.
Seventy nine point seven degrees in the house right now, with 55% humidity.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Seventy fucking degrees in your house? That's what I like aboot you cupcakes, give me excessive comfort or give me death.
It was close to 90 yesterday and humid. I had to dig up and repair a sump pump at the loading dock at work. I generated nary a drop of sweat.
Cool dry air also helps prevent the growth of mold.

I suspect you may have some mold growing in your home as evidenced in your perpetual state of anger and displeasure at the choices others make about their own physical comfort.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I had to take my sweatshirt off yesterday at work. Cutting, and running equipment. It was in the high 70s.

The house was beastly hot when I got home, over 80. Opened the doors and it cooled down to mid 70's.

OP
fish_antlers
Website
www.bikeland.org
I had to take my sweatshirt off yesterday at work. Cutting, and running equipment. It was in the high 70s.

The house was beastly hot when I got home, over 80. Opened the doors and it cooled down to mid 70's.

No dice here. Didn't go below 80 last night. It is already 95 and it is only 10am. Very exciting.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...we just called that summer when I was a kid...it doesn't last forever...

Vegas12

BAMF+
Seventy fucking degrees in your house? That's what I like aboot you cupcakes, GIVE ME DEATH BEFORE EXCESSIVE COMFORT.
FIFY.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Cool dry air also helps prevent the growth of mold.

I suspect you may have some mold growing in your home as evidenced in your perpetual state of anger and displeasure at the choices others make about their own physical comfort.

That and fucking up clichés has me genuinely worried....I did fix it for him though.

Snail

Pop on over to Van. Isl. Tolfino or Port Hardy.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
That and fucking up clichés has me genuinely worried....I did fix it for him though.
He's just sussing out the grammar Nazis with the misspellings and quote fucking.

I do have concerns about mold taking hold of his cerebrum though.

Seems like it works kind of like rabies in that it makes him want an environment to help propagate the continued growth of mold.

But then, once we reach a certain age we all tend to get moldy so maybe it's a duck or the egg thing?

Vegas12

BAMF+
He's just sussing out the grammar Nazis with the misspellings and quote fucking.

I do have concerns about mold taking hold of his cerebrum though.

Seems like it works kind of like rabies in that it makes him want an environment to help propagate the continued growth of mold.

But then, once we reach a certain age we all tend to get moldy so maybe it's a duck or the egg thing?

I ❤ Grumpaw.......NOT in creepy joe, rubbing his leg kinda way.

rotts4u

BAMF

If your system struggles spray the outside compressor and coil with water regularly and it will give you a little more capacity to keep the house a bit cooler in theory.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Sixteen percent humidity, I'd dry up like a dead lizard in those parched conditions. It is 81% here at the moment. It will go up later tonight.

Snail

64 at 3 pm today, on the ocean side, fog. 74 a half mile away on the valley side, sunny.

wormser77

BAMF+
They say 111 here today:fu:
My little taverns ac can't keep up, yesterday was 105 here and it was toasty in there to say the least!

Hapo

Dog Boy
...how is all that affecting the wild life...???...how are the trees doing...???...

wormser77

BAMF+
...how is all that affecting the wild life...???...how are the trees doing...???...
Wildlife if hunkered down.
The woods are crispy as all hell which could be a big issue going into 4th of July weekend.
As much as I love my fireworks I'm sure as hell not lighting anything off.

Top Bottom