Got me some Covid

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag To You
My normal vitamins, little Nyquil before bed and a shot of Jack here and there. Getting as much rest as I can force on myself. I’ll be at work Monday unless I’m a danger to someone else. The world ain’t slowin up for me and since I’m out to kick it’s ass, I can’t let it get too far ahead. Chin up motherfuckers! I’m coming!
RF
Well I hope you feel better my friend, take the extra days off and make sure you are 100% you don’t have shit to prove to anyone

Stites

Test results came back as Covid Negative. Still running a fever and a sore throat. Good luck guys. That .04 fatality rate is terrifying
I would be lying to you if I told you I didn’t have a few moments yesterday where I was having trouble breathing and it was starting to scare me

CID

BAMF+
I would be lying to you if I told you I didn’t have a few moments yesterday where I was having trouble breathing and it was starting to scare me
Its funny... back in the day we'd all get sick here and there and even some times roll the cover over the heads and wish for death. Now the media has us all hyped up and we're scared this is the big one.

Billy V

BAMF
Test results came back as Covid Negative. Still running a fever and a sore throat. Good luck guys. That .04 fatality rate is terrifying
It's a scary and powerful thing to let your mind get the best of you.
Try not to dwell on it too much - you guys ain't going anywhere - at least right now.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It's a scary and powerful thing to let your mind get the best of you.
Try not to dwell on it too much - you guys ain't going anywhere - at least right now.

Every day I wake up, it's like Christmas and I'm happy about it.
Makes the rest of the day so much easier to tolerate...

...without too much murder and mayhem being contemplated.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Its funny... back in the day we'd all get sick here and there and even some times roll the cover over the heads and wish for death. Now the media has us all hyped up and we're scared this is the big one.

View attachment 51952
funny... was at my old job picking up an errant package that was shipped there... 3 folks have died there this week. One found by his GF wanting some action.

Reactions: CID

Stites

View attachment 51952
Couldn’t agree with you more, but I really was struggling to breathe yesterday. Couple with the fact that my wife does 30-40 death certificates a day for the hospital she works for and almost all are COVID deaths, my mind might of got the best of me.

It’s also worth mentioning that after a week of feeling like shit my mental tenacity was starting to diminish.

Started to feel better yesterday at 3 ish and have been doing good ever since. Even slept a fair amount last night

Stites

Worst parts of COVID besides not being able to breathe is laying here in bed staring out the bedroom window knowing there’s these beautiful blue skies, almost 50 degree weather and I can’t go ride the dirt bike.

66EEF67D-A344-43F4-98F4-59E578CD4231.jpeg

Stites

How you doing RF?

Going on like day 5 or 6 with a fever. Last few days have been slight fevers, nothing do back. Lots of coughing and no energy......at least I have finally been sleeping.

Me and the girls have all lost smell and taste for the most part.

I wouldn’t wish what I got on anyone.

OP
RollieFree

RollieFree

BAMF
How you doing RF?

Going on like day 5 or 6 with a fever. Last few days have been slight fevers, nothing do back. Lots of coughing and no energy......at least I have finally been sleeping.

Me and the girls have all lost smell and taste for the most part.

I wouldn’t wish what I got on anyone.
Doing about the same as you I guess. Hoping to turn the corner this weekend to get back to work. I don’t feel bad all the time. It comes and goes now but when it comes, it’s miserable.
As I said, perspective. Take the government bs and paranoia out of it and you just feel bad. Just like the 59 years of it before the hype. I’ve had worse.
Measels
Mumps
Chicken pocs
Even sinus infections
All the shit we all got in the 60’s, and nobody stopped the planet. Im trying to look at the edge and how I can use it. Not looking over the edge and getting scared of what’s down there.
kinda like my post in the fat girl thread.
RF

Racing buddy out in Pittsburgh had it around Thanksgiving. Never got real sick but lost his sense of taste and smell. 6 weeks later it's still not back. He's in his mid 60s.

Busamouse

BAMF+
Positive. No idea when I was exposed. It’s not that bad. Had symptoms since the 30th. Certainly no worse than a regular seasonal cold type thing. Kinda feel “off”, bit of fever, aches in the back and joints, can’t sleep well at night, the usual. It’s actually been nice to have a few days of rest with nobody expecting anything of me. Honestly I could have worked through it.
RF
Its not that bad. thank sweet chocolate jesus we all had the flu at one time. I was singling my self for 10 days but Im going on 4 weeks still feeling "off"

Stites

I wonder if that would make food less attractive?
Asking for a friend :) (for Lucky)
I lost smell about 95% and can only pick up strong scents like peppermint but it’s only just a hint of the smell. Taste I lost about 50% and food just tastes different, recognizable but different.

This might be an opportunity to lose some weight! I definitely am a over eater for two reasons, it tastes good and smells good!

Going to take this opportunity to back into the next size down leathers and take a few seconds off of my lap times

kratz74

BAM
Been there done that. Was just like a cold. If you’re healthy it’s no big deal. Look forward to getting antibodies which last quite a while. I’ve had mine for 10 months now.

Buelldozer

Anarcho-Frontierest
Kid got it back in October when he was still at College. I got it Mid November. We were both reasonably sick it was worse than a normal flu but not life threatening. My DAD on the other hand spent a week in the hospital and came home on oxygen and nearly bedridden. He's still on oxygen and struggling with after effects nearly 6 weeks later.

Sorry to hear that dozer, hope he gets better soon.

People that have had covid use the greating "I've already had covid" "me too", shake hands go about as normal. Those that haven't had it are the ones that have to tip toe around being afraid.

I talked to a friend today, he was wearing a mask the whole time, outside. He was really happy he got the first vaccine, easy. He is older but he's probably already had covid.

The whole thing is insane.

"Crisis" everything is a crisis in today's liberal world, ever notice that....

wormser77

BAMF+
Sorry to hear that dozer, hope he gets better soon.

People that have had covid use the greating "I've already had covid" "me too", shake hands go about as normal. Those that haven't had it are the ones that have to tip toe around being afraid.

I talked to a friend today, he was wearing a mask the whole time, outside. He was really happy he got the first vaccine, easy. He is older but he's probably already had covid.

The whole thing is insane.

Friends are on their 2nd bout of covid in 3 months, kinda nuts. I think it's about like the flu for them.
I've had it and roam the earth freely 😆

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Stopped to talk with my wife's 84 year old aunt today, she goes in for her 2nd Moderna shot tomorrow. She's scared, because the first shot kicked her ass for 3 days afterward. She has vertigo problems every now and then, but she had vertigo and nausea for 3 days after the shot. But she wants the shot so she can get back to going out.

She had a Doctors appointment this morning, and he told her he hadn't treated one case of flu this winter so far. He said it's one side benefit of everyone wearing masks, social distancing and not going out much. I hadn't thought about it, but I haven't heard of one person with the flu so far this season.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Dad tested positive yesterday and has been sick for a couple of weeks.
He hasn't been interested in the vaccine.

It's a virus and it will make it around to everyone, eventually.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
yeah... people are retarded. First... highly contagious well stay inside or walk around in a bubble otherwise fuck off. Second... I will NEVER wait in a docs lobby again.
Third... fuck listening to the media. They are fucking stupid.
Lastly...oh we have vaccines yet now there are other strains immune...lol.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Neighbor is a nurse that takes care of old folks at home.
Her 84 yr old patient that she was looking after on a daily basis took the vaccine yesterday even though she was healthy with no problems.

Today she called me and said she died over night of unknown causes.

Top Bottom