Got me a new ride, it hauls ass!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Compared to my clapped out CH150. Got it for free...of course. I do have to repair some other scooters in trade. Had to get it running, buy a battery, seat cover, welded up a hole in the muffler, and stuff like that. Removed the gay ass trunk that was on it. Still needs a milk crate added to it, horn repaired, etc. I need to download some of my scooters, have too many of them. They are all old and ridden hard.
Had this "new" one up to 69 MPH. New belt and rear tyre, prolly get a bit over 70 MPH outta it. 72576

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

garbage barge! Nice foot brake Mary! :fu: Wheres the purse holder? Lets see if you can get that thing up to 25hp...hehe
At least the tires have been replaced.
All real motorcycles have a foot brake for the rear. It'll stop on a dime... and a few cents.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
All real motorcycles have a foot brake for the rear. It'll stop on a dime... and a few cents.
let me know how the 10" tires work out over 50... :D 100% sure webb sells a nice cam for it... just need some HD valve springs and an overbore kit... forget which carb to use but it can be
made into a 100mph screamer. Then you wouldnt have to worry about transplanted 450 Benellis or 300 swapped Groms sneaking up on you.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

let me know how the 10" tires work out over 50... :D 100% sure webb sells a nice cam for it... just need some HD valve springs and an overbore kit... forget which carb to use but it can be
made into a 100mph screamer. Then you wouldnt have to worry about transplanted 450 Benellis or 300 swapped Groms sneaking up on you.
Had my 150 up to 60 MPH on used, dry rotted, take off tyres from The Junk Yard.
I don't get these thing to waste a shit load of money on them just to get em to go faster.

Terry_Schiavo

Had my 150 up to 60 MPH on used, dry rotted, take off tyres from The Junk Yard.
I don't get these thing to waste a shit load of money on them just to get em to go faster.
who said anything about wasting? Just to show off your skillz...lmao I blew out a rear on my old 250 doing that... the whole carcass came off. Nothing but nylon showing. Fun to get it slowed from 60+

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
I've been toying with this Chinese 150 belongs to my girlfriends dad.
Got it to 100kph indicated.
It takes a while to squeeze that last 10 mph out of it, and you lose it on any type of incline.
I'm not holding up traffic on the 50mph road out there, but I can't catch them either as hard as I try. No letting off on corners.

Terry_Schiavo

I've been toying with this Chinese 150 belongs to my girlfriends dad.
Got it to 100kph indicated.
It takes a while to squeeze that last 10 mph out of it, and you lose it on any type of incline.
I'm not holding up traffic on the 50mph road out there, but I can't catch them either as hard as I try. No letting off on corners.
yeah which is why I dont understand why people ride metropolitans on a public roads with speed limits above 35mph. An old 2T zuma... maybe. Last thing I want riding a scooter is to pray for more speed. Pretty sure Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder 2 fiddy could touch 80-85mph given a level road at sea level. The tiny wheel Jesus would need to watch over him if he hits any kind of rut or pothole.

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
The Chinese 150 has a tachometer. It will dance on the yellow, no more. A headwind or an incline and you lose it like a Nascar racer outta the draft.

It cruises best at about 95% throttle. Cheap china carb probably has a faulty stop. Don't wanna mess with it anymore.

LE05BUSA

GFY
yeah which is why I dont understand why people ride metropolitans on a public roads with speed limits above 35mph. An old 2T zuma... maybe. Last thing I want riding a scooter is to pray for more speed. Pretty sure Master-Cylinder Master-Cylinder 2 fiddy could touch 80-85mph given a level road at sea level. The tiny wheel Jesus would need to watch over him if he hits any kind of rut or pothole.
Yes, they will exceed 80. Yes, it is really fucking scary.

Terry_Schiavo

At least four more scooters that are not pictured.
I take it they all run? Thought parts were pretty much non existant... even from specialty purveyors like Battlescooter?
One nice thing about the vespas... them Guidos made access fairly easy on the engine. And dropping one takes 15 mins tops.

Top Bottom