Good news, some fresh ducks showed up!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
This evening is the first tyme I've seen them. I have no idea where they came from, look to be aboot 4~5 weeks old.
I was down to one Mallard Drake. Over the weeks some females started showing up and hanging out with him. For all I know, they may have hatched here. There is only four of them, a hen typically hatches 10 or more, so six of them must have already been off'd.

DSC_6731.JPG

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I had someone basically drop off some rabbits and run (at least they left a few cages and accessories, but not their names or contact details- probably foreigners going back to their home countries who couldn't take animals)- nice bunnies, but I really didn't want 'em...

31DDB71E-78E8-46A7-B77F-40ADAC5F70CE.jpeg

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Sens the rabbits down, plenty-o-room for them. I have a couple ones hanging out here most of the tyme, They don't run when the see me, I can walk right past em.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
They're cage-raised sissies- I put them out with some other rabbits that have been allowed more freedom to live a closer-to-nature life, and they got beaten up a bit (just rough play, but they couldn't handle it)- I doubt I could just let them go (though maybe they'd adapt).

I'll probably give them away to a good home- the fact they'll come with cages will help a lot in that regard.

OP
OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

She's down to three chicks today. Probably because she and her flock left yesterday and didn't return until today. If she was smart enough to stay here, I could put them in protective custody.

Team222

BAMF
She's down to three chicks today. Probably because she and her flock left yesterday and didn't return until today. If she was smart enough to stay here, I could put them in protective custody.
Well I'm pulling for them, the Mallard and Wood Ducks are my favorite breeds here in Ohio, their feathers are ever-decent and they have such magnificent manes and hoods.

The first duck I had stuffed by the taxidermist was a male Wood Duck, I still have it hanging on the wall in my office.

Top Bottom