Good Morning

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Couple of pregnant cows came by for breakfast. They'll be dropping their calves any day now.

The cows separate from the herd when they calve. They like a timbered knoll for a maternity ward...a knoll offers them 360 view so predators cant take their calf.

After 3 weeks they'll rejoin the herd, showing off their babies. Then while the mothers feed the older cows will baby sit the calves.

edit: admin fixin does (get it, "does" pix again

Last edited by a moderator:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I almost mowed down a doe and fawn a couple weeks ago on my street. Came around the corner and jr. ran out in the street, mom going for it too! I got into the ABS hard on the pickup, shit sliding around in the bed and cab.
Eventually, they ran back into the woods.
Had a buck stare me down in the driveway one night last week. He was aboot twenty feet away from me just glaring. I moved a bit closer and he bolted. We probably looked at each other for a minute.

I want to make a pet out of him, I see him all the tyme.

OP
Snail

Snail

I haven't killed one in three years. The herd got decimated by a very big tom cougar. The cougar killed 5 herd cows in one summer. 5 motherless calves actually survived.

The cougar got killed, the herd is rebounding. The cow in the pic is a two year old, this will be her first calf.

I have excluded two different 40 acre timbered areas from logging to provide a sanctuary for their calving.

Last Saturday morning I was walking up my driveway and spotted a doe laying a grassy area of my woods, not 50 feet away from me.
I stopped and stared. She stared back.
I see deer here all the time, but that's the first time I've seen one laying down and looking at me, rather than standing, on high alert, and ready to bolt.
It was kind of cool

OP
Snail

Snail

Hapo, 1, maybe. Depends on herd vitality.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Last Saturday morning I was walking up my driveway and spotted a doe laying a grassy area of my woods, not 50 feet away from me.
I stopped and stared. She stared back.
I see deer here all the time, but that's the first time I've seen one laying down and looking at me, rather than standing, on high alert, and ready to bolt.
It was kind of cool
She's probably ready to birth. They birth away from others to protect the fawn. The newborn fawns have no scent, so no predators are attracted. The mother's will birth in a secluded place, leave but return to feed the fawn and perhaps move it slightly. Fawns have ended up on people's porches.

OP
Snail

Snail

LS, camera phone. I cropped it so you wouldnt havr to adimre the front yard mess. I expanded the pic as much as i could.

But since you're being critical, how about recommending a good digital with some decent lenses?

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg

Last edited:

Stetson

BAMF
She's probably ready to birth. They birth away from others to protect the fawn. The newborn fawns have no scent, so no predators are attracted. The mother's will birth in a secluded place, leave but return to feed the fawn and perhaps move it slightly. Fawns have ended up on people's porches.

Guy at a place I was working was clearing out a field, and ran over a baby doe with a flail mower. He was pretty tore up about it. Nobody ever saw the mama.

Zippy

pinhead

..."I" (whomever the fuk that is) would buy this one...(but I didn't)...

Zippy

pinhead

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
But since you're being critical, how about recommending a good digital with some decent lenses?
Some of those camera phones have add-on lenses available now.
Dunno if any of them are worth the cost even as cheap as they may be.

OP
Snail

Snail

Thanks for the links Hapo. Expensive for the top of the line stuff. Im following your other thread.

Top Bottom