Gina Carano depersoning by DISNEY continues

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE

National Geographic drops upcoming Gina Carano episode of Running Wild With Bear Grylls

Disney pulling down the episode is likely to be seen as another example of mainstream media’s bias against people who express conservative opinions. Not only was she fired from Star Wars and The Mandalorian, Hasbro stopped the production of Cara Dune (her character in The Mandalorian) figures.

National Geographic, part owned by Disney, has not publicly announced they have pulled the episode or explained why. We can only speculate they did for the same reason the conservative actor was removed from The Mandalorian; her social media posts.

Last edited:

DUCHUNTER

"I am Jacks _______"
Depends on the contract... and how much dirt the bimbo has on you.

This is the part AD doesn't understand about cancel culture.

While conservatives would just not watch that episode, liberals work to pressure studios to end someone's career entirely.
The thing you don't understand is that Disney did this on their own accord. Nobody was picketing outside Disneyworld demanding she be removed.

Same thing with Aunt Jemima.

Same thing with Dr. Seuss.

For being conservatives, I don't see much understanding of capitalism being displayed here.

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
But there is some serious virtue signaling

Star Wars lost its way a long time ago.....

Capitalism aside...

But back on point, I would let her slap me around

r1racer

All Q All the Time
The thing you don't understand is that Disney did this on their own accord. Nobody was picketing outside Disneyworld demanding she be removed.

For being conservatives, I don't see much understanding of capitalism being displayed here.
The irony of your response is deep.... Disney is COMPROMISED by the DS / Chyna $$$$..... just like MLB, Big Tech, Mainstream media, Big Pharma.....

Austin_F

BAMF+

Disney is simply getting in front, as they are well aware of what happens if they don't.

And we don't know what kind of phone calls were being made from the time people found out she was going to be on that show.

Lack of picketing does not mean lack of pressure.

liberals work to pressure studios to end someone's career entirely.
Disney is simply getting in front, as they are well aware of what happens if they don't.
Look at you walking back your statement!

Before it was "liberals will end careers"!

Now it's "they are simply getting in front".

I'm glad SC's post (finally) resonated with you

And we don't know what kind of phone calls were being made from the time people found out she was going to be on that show.
Gina Carano made some more idiotic comments back in November and Jon Favreau, the director of Mandalorian, went to bat for her against Disney to keep her onboard a few times.

Gina, of course, couldn't keep her mouth shut.

When someone famous supports a liberal stance, conservatives love to say "STFU, keep politics out of sports and movies". (see MLB thread lol)

When someone famous supports a conservative stance, none of you turds ever say "STFU, keep politics out of sports and movies". Nope, y'all cry about censorship and cancel culture.

"bUt MuH fReEdUm oF sPeECh!" :lol:

Lack of picketing does not mean lack of pressure.
Yes, there will always be pressure if you let a moron fuck up your project - shareholders especially. :lol:

I swear choptop has nothing on ad.
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't hold a candle to chop. That guy could incite a riot with a few posts.

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+

Ummm... yeah, there were people calling for her firing, more than once, well before Disney decided to terminate her contract.

'The Mandalorian' Fans Once Again Petition Disney to Fire Gina Carano Over Offensive Tweets (newsweek.com)

Aunt Jemima as a brand image was always comical to me, due to the nature of the caricature and how it related to the image of the fat older black woman as the "house servant". That image is entrenched in American culture. I suppose we should get rid of every instance of a black person seen as a "servant". Guess Robert Guillaume was just an Uncle Tom after all. Oh, and we better cancel "It's a Wonderful Life" because Jimmy Stuart was obviously a racist bastard! :roll:

As for calls to end the use of the image, yes there were many over many, many years. Ironically, the family of one of the model/actresses to portray Aunt Jemima argued against the image being changed, citing "Good or bad, it's part of our history".

And Dr. Seuss? Well, this goes back to when Melania Trump donated some Dr. Seuss books to a Massachusetts school library. Can't recall it ever being an issue before then.

Are Dr. Seuss' books racist? Experts weigh in (usatoday.com)

Austin_F

BAMF+
Look at you walking back your statement
Since it went over your head...

Liberals/activists do pressure companies to fire people.

Disney, the corporation, wanted to get out in front of it. Although according to RP and his link, the pressure from activists was already building.

If you don't see the distinction, Im not going to waste any more time trying to show it to you.

Austin_F

BAMF+
Every reporter who bets it's a white guy before they find out who did the shooting is an idiot, making stupid comments and their comments should hurt the bottom line of their employer. But somehow they get to keep their jobs.

That's the difference you still don't see in the media and hollywood.

Conservatives can only keep their jobs if they keep their mouths shut. Liberals for the most part can say almost anything and keep their jobs. Oh they might have to delete a tweet or issue a fake apology but the cancel culture twitter mob loves them too much to go after them.

Ummm... yeah, there were people calling for her firing, more than once, well before Disney decided to terminate her contract.
I'm aware, that's where Jon Favreau defended Gina Carano in November like I said.

Disney did not fire her then, which means they did not relent to "cancel culture".

Favreau probably told her "I stuck my neck out for you, calm your tits" and well, you know how that went.

Pretty selfish and boneheaded move on her part.

And Dr. Seuss? Well, this goes back to when Melania Trump donated some Dr. Seuss books to a Massachusetts school library. Can't recall it ever being an issue before then.
This came wayyyy before Melania stepped foot in the White House.

Here's an article from 1999 and another in 2012.

Since it went over your head...

Liberals/activists do pressure companies to fire people.

Disney, the corporation, wanted to get out in front of it. Although according to RP and his link, the pressure from activists was already building.
I see the distinction you're trying to make.

Unfortunately, it's not a true one.

Conservatives actively pressure companies to fire people too, not sure why you think your side is immune to it.

Yeah, "cOnSeRvAtiVeS wiLL jUsT cHaNGe tHe cHaNneL"

:lol: :lol:

Look at you walking back your statement!

Before it was "liberals will end careers"!

Now it's "they are simply getting in front".

I'm glad SC's post (finally) resonated with you

Gina Carano made some more idiotic comments back in November and Jon Favreau, the director of Mandalorian, went to bat for her against Disney to keep her onboard a few times.

Gina, of course, couldn't keep her mouth shut.

When someone famous supports a liberal stance, conservatives love to say "STFU, keep politics out of sports and movies". (see MLB thread lol)

When someone famous supports a conservative stance, none of you turds ever say "STFU, keep politics out of sports and movies". Nope, y'all cry about censorship and cancel culture.

"bUt MuH fReEdUm oF sPeECh!" :lol:

Yes, there will always be pressure if you let a moron fuck up your project - shareholders especially. :lol:

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't hold a candle to chop. That guy could incite a riot with a few posts.
I am curious to what you think she said that was so offensive? We seem to have become a society that is looking for a reason to be offended and cry outrage over nothing. Both sides of the political aisle. While Disney has the right to get rid of her, they lose credibility with me with their hypocrisy by keeping on the star of the show with his comments being just as controversial. Serious question....not trolling.

On another note, I saw the Charles Barkley clip on The Hills Rising. I think he is spot on with our politicians. They seem to be just like professional wrestling. It's all kayfabe. They are best friends behind closed doors and they have us fighting each other for real.

I am curious to what you think she said that was so offensive? We seem to have become a society that is looking for a reason to be offended and cry outrage over nothing. Both sides of the political aisle. While Disney has the right to get rid of her, they lose credibility with me with their hypocrisy by keeping on the star of the show with his comments being just as controversial. Serious question....not trolling.

On another note, I saw the Charles Barkley clip on The Hills Rising. I think he is spot on with our politicians. They seem to be just like professional wrestling. It's all kayfabe. They are best friends behind closed doors and they have us fighting each other for real.
I disagree with her tweets (mask use, comparing conservative persecution to Jews in WWII), but I wasn't offended by them. She can tweet whatever crazy shit she wants, I'm still going to watch Mandalorian. If she gets fired, too bad.

I think the most egregious thing in her case is that she had a few chances to slow her roll, after director Jon Favreau used his goodwill to keep her on the show. She repaid him by continuing to tweet stupid shit. She chose her own fate, knowing full well what would happen.

r1racer

All Q All the Time
I disagree with her tweets (mask use, comparing conservative persecution to Jews in WWII), but I wasn't offended by them. She can tweet whatever crazy shit she wants, I'm still going to watch Mandalorian. If she gets fired, too bad.

I think the most egregious thing in her case is that she had a few chances to slow her roll, after director Jon Favreau used his goodwill to keep her on the show. She repaid him by continuing to tweet stupid shit. She chose her own fate, knowing full well what would happen.
It will be hard to find those on your side of the fence very soon.... We the People are FED up with corporate corruption.... Just ask the Georgian voters 👍

Austin_F

BAMF+
And yet pedro pascal can call ALL trump supporters nazis and disney doesn't do anything about it.

It's the double standard liberals refuse to acknowledge.

What happened to simply saying "the views expressed by our employees are their own"?

Why do activists insist everyone working for a company has to think the same?

r1racer

All Q All the Time
And yet pedro pascal can call ALL trump supporters nazis and disney doesn't do anything about it.

What happened to simply saying "the views expressed by our employees are their own"?

Easy answer.... the Corporations took $$$$ from the DS Cabal Chyna etc...... and now they're OWNED including the activists.....

Let your wallet do the talking.... We the People are in Control.... and they know it! 👍

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Yeah. She should’ve been censored. People shouldn’t have free speech when it offends others.

TR3B

Old but forgotten
Aren't you one of the guys that say celebrities should STFU with their political opinions? :roll:
I think they should ALL shut the fuck up. That said, getting fired for being a conservative (which is what this is) is the same as canning somebody for their race, gender or religion. Kinda shocked no attorney has taken it up in court.

As a production company I'd put a clause in the contract next to the dangerous behavior one, that while a part of the production and through release, no political statements of any nature by the actors or anyone above the line. Politics are fucking shit up just as bad as if the lead got killed on a motorcycle.

Austin_F

BAMF+
I'm impressed with the Rocks ability to resist pressure. He has said a couple things I don't agree with but 99,,% of his social feeds are non political. He HAS to be getting pressure from activists to use his platform, as a minority especially, to complain about trump and everyone not a progressive.

Was she not making the point that it started with neighbors turning on each other and seeing them as the enemy and not people? That is the explanation I understand. Knee jerk reaction of the united states' of the offended. Again Disney can fire her but they are hypocrite's. She chose to keep making those statements I think knowing that it would lead to Disney firing her. Let's see where this leads. Cancel culture will come for those who clamor to cancel others. It is already happening. How far will this go? Many are afraid to have honest and open conversation for fear of losing financially or social. How can anything be fixed if we can't be honest?

rumble phish

BAMF+

I don't disagree with what you're saying here about Favreau stepping up for her, but see below...

^^^ THIS is a BIG part of the problem.

Yeah. She should’ve been censored. People shouldn’t have free speech when it offends others.
Not that I'm defending Disney's choice to can her, but they are a PRIVATE company, i.e. not government owned, so they can do as they please when it comes to their employees (within the law, of course). Many people have had the rude awakening that their free speech isn't so free when it's on the companies dime/time, or when your employer feels it casts them in a bad/negative light. Many, many folks have been shit canned for their social media posts. Some didn't deserve it, but many did. it's the obvious double standard that is the real issuie, IMHO.

I think they should ALL shut the fuck up. That said, getting fired for being a conservative (which is what this is) is the same as canning somebody for their race, gender or religion. Kinda shocked no attorney has taken it up in court.

As a production company I'd put a clause in the contract next to the dangerous behavior one, that while a part of the production and through release, no political statements of any nature by the actors or anyone above the line. Politics are fucking shit up just as bad as if the lead got killed on a motorcycle.
Mic drop moment right here ^^^. End of discussion.

Reactions: Ed

tinhead

Has never named a pet
So the way to defend freeze peach is to muzzle people in certain occupations.
Brilliant:retard:

Yeah, put it in a contract.

Top Bottom