General Purpose Gun Thread

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I can't imagine why...I bought a lot of ammo from them a few years back...

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Ok, so I "miked" a few 10 yard targets (two of them, and one plate on the Texas Star) at a match last weekend, so I figured it gots to be the gun.

I took it to the indoor shooting range (Shooters World in Tampa) and shot it at 25 yards freestyle, then 10 yards strong hand, and 10 yards weak hand.

The sights must have been off at the match, but got bounced back in place in my shooting bag?

What else could it have been?

:)

gsxrian

BAMF
Ok, so I "miked" a few 10 yard targets (two of them, and one plate on the Texas Star) at a match last weekend, so I figured it gots to be the gun.

I took it to the indoor shooting range (Shooters World in Tampa) and shot it at 25 yards freestyle, then 10 yards strong hand, and 10 yards weak hand.

The sights must have been off at the match, but got bounced back in place in my shooting bag?

View attachment 102163
You are not used to the Florida humidity :)

“Blah blah, visual patience… Yada yada, see what you need to see” - Brian Enos

lol

rumble phish

BAMF+
All this "target" shooting is well and good, but how good are you at hitting a moving target? How about a moving target while you're on the move? And then the trifecta... a moving target, while you're on the move, with the target shooting back at you.

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
All this "target" shooting is well and good, but how good are you at hitting a moving target? How about a moving target while you're on the move? And then the trifecta... a moving target, while you're on the move, with the target shooting back at you.
If the check or a tip is involved, my money is on the Heeb. 😉

kawachan

BAMF
Over a year ago I finally got a number from CMP for a WWII era 1911. Yesterday around lunch I get a call from a nice lady at CMP offering me 2 choices of grades. I chose the upper grade and TODAY before lunch I got in a 1943 Colt with Colt slide. SUPER happy I took all the time to fill out and mail all those forms to get in the que.
image000003(1).jpgimage000002(5).jpgimage000001(7).jpg

Dragon 350

BAMF

kawachan

BAMF
It was 950 shipped. All they had was 850 and 950. I was hoping for a 1050. I watched a few auctions and decided I'd wait til they called and take a chance. Glad I did...

A friend of mine is looking for a 10 gauge shotgun. Anybody have any recommendations? Sources?
Browning --- called my buddy who had a Remmy (sold it already) but they have not been made for years. Browning for a new one.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I would bet on him in any shooting contest between the two of you...

...I would not shoot against him for real money...there, I said it...somebody had to....LoL...

...seriously though...modern 3 1/2 "magnum 12 ga loads will match any 10 ga loads "available"...as in good luck finding any...

Last edited:

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Target 9mm (Orange County only)
Springfield Armory

1911 Loaded Target

9mm

Orange County

$1050obo

No shipping

Excellent condition, shot very little. Comes with everything it came with from the factory. Box, paperwork, mags, mag holder...

This California-compliant 1911 Loaded Target pistol offers a soft-shooting 9mm personality along with the design’s timelessly effective chassis.

An ambidextrous extended thumb safety and optimized slide with fore and aft charging grooves along with a lowered and flared ejection port make for fast operation and undeniable reliability.

An extended beavertail keeps the gun comfortable and pleasant to shoot. West Coast shooters looking for a sweet-shooting defensive target pistol have found their choice

*** PI9134LP ***

Loaded Full Size 5” Barrel Target 9x19 MM
Stainless Steel
Adj. Sights
Weight w/Empty Magazine: 41 ozs.
Frame: Forged Stainless Steel, Matte Rounds with Polished Flats
Slide: Forged Stainless Steel, Matte Rounds with Polished Flats
Recoil System: Dual Spring with Full Length Guide rod
Height: 5.5” Length: 8.5”
Trigger: Long Aluminum Match Grade, 5 - 6 lbs.
Grips: Cocobolo Hardwood
Sights: Low Profile Adjustable Rear, Dovetail Front
Target Barrel: 5” Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel and Bushing, Fully Supported Ramp Caliber: 9 x 19 mm

All Springfield Armory® Loaded 1911-A1 pistols include all the modern-day improvements that used to be performed only by custom gunsmiths. These features include: Precision-fit forged frames, slides and barrels, front and rear cocking serrations, flat, serrated mainspring housing, lowered and flared ejection port, delta lightweight hammer, loaded chamber indicator, titanium firing pin, Carry Bevel™ Treatment, ambidextrous thumb safety, High-Hand™ Beavertail Grip Safety, dovetail front sight, premium fixed or adjustable rear sights (many with tritium inserts), Torx™-head grip screws and lightweight, adjustable speed trigger

• Red
Reactions: Red
Top Bottom