General Purpose Gun Thread

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market - The Truth About Guns

Apparently not content with its efforts so far to make gun ownership more difficult and expensive for America’s 100 million firearm owners, a source tells TTAG that the Biden administration is taking steps to constrict the availability of .223/5.56 ammunition available to the average shooter...
Don't sweat that, other than it sucks out of principle - FJB x Infinity.

That M855 from Winchester / Lake City isn't the most accurate ammo, by a long shot. Depending on your barrel, trigger and skill, it's 2-3 MOA ammo that punches holes through 3/8" mild steel which is available in bulk. Better accuracy can be had from PMC's X-Tac 62 grain green tip, you just have to pay a bit more. Or any non-steel core ammo, 62grain Hornady/Frontier, Sig 77 grain, and especially Black Hills reloads.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
BREAKING: Biden Administration Moves to Cut Off Lake City .223/5.56 Ammo From the Commercial Market - The Truth About Guns

Apparently not content with its efforts so far to make gun ownership more difficult and expensive for America’s 100 million firearm owners, a source tells TTAG that the Biden administration is taking steps to constrict the availability of .223/5.56 ammunition available to the average shooter...

ysr_racer

I took a five day class from him. He's a blowhard, and the class was poorly presented.

Shitty photocopies and we watched videos of him giving other classes. He said it was so every class got the same information.

I learned stuff, but it was POORLY PRESENTED. I could have watched the videos on my own.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...there is little doubt that Massad Ayoob is still smarter than you or me and I am watching the videos on my own...

...methinks, he has helped a lot more people than you have...but your opinion is noted...and ironic...IMHO...

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
...there is little doubt that Massad Ayoob is still smarter than you or me and I am watching the videos on my own...

...methinks, he has helped a lot more people than you have...but your opinion is noted...and ironic...IMHO...
The Man does have a properly functioning brain/mind.

Taking issue with how he presents what he knows, shows your own shortcomings, ysr.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...Massad Ayoob has kept a lot of good guys out of jail...good guys with guns that the system was trying to grind under...

...many times, these were pigs but not always...he has personally helped me with hairy legal issues in the past...he didn't get any tip, but he gave me a few......

Last edited:

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf

The Man does have a properly functioning brain/mind.

Taking issue with how he presents what he knows, shows your own shortcomings, ysr.
ysr_racer ysr_racer

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Anyone looking for a deal on 300 Blackout ammo? At the shop we have 500 round cases of Wolf 145gr fmj for $325 plus shipping (~$30.00 dependent upon location).

Message me if interested.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I took a five day class from him. He's a blowhard, and the class was poorly presented.

Shitty photocopies and we watched videos of him giving other classes. He said it was so every class got the same information.

I learned stuff, but it was POORLY PRESENTED. I could have watched the videos on my own.

I need to ask Nelson about the time he accidentally shot a cat in a tree. It’s a story from years ago.

gsteve

BAMF+

He’s a dip shit and a bull shitter. Has barely been a Leo and how he qualifies as a expert witness is beyond me. And a brutal boozer

ysr_racer

Anybody running a 9mm PCC using CMMG's patented Radial Delayed Blowback bolt and barrel?

It relies on the pressure produced by the cartridge to drive back the bolt carrier group (BCG) instead of a gas-impingement or piston system found on other AR-platforms.

But the RDB bolt carrier operates differently than typical pistol-caliber AR-15s. The majority of 9 mm options use a flat-faced assembly that does not have a rotating bolt with locking lugs. Instead, the firing pin and an extractor are located in what would usually be the bolt housing. The RDB bolt carrier has what appears to be, at first glance, a rotating bolt head like those found in the standard AR-platform rifles and pistols.

However, a closer look at the RDB bolt reveals a modified series of locking lugs. Instead of a typical rectangular shape, the back each lug is cut at an angle or chamfered along their base. Instead of the bolt moving freely inside the carrier, it's spring-loaded.

This spring-loaded and chamfered bolt works in tandem with other internal modifications and the barrel extension to delay the action cycling.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Anybody running a 9mm PCC using CMMG's patented Radial Delayed Blowback bolt and barrel?

It relies on the pressure produced by the cartridge to drive back the bolt carrier group (BCG) instead of a gas-impingement or piston system found on other AR-platforms.
So it’s a slam fire mechanism like a Mac10?

Drakhen

BAMF
Slam fire has to do with the ignition system, not the lockup. The Mac10 doesn't lock at all, relying on the mass of the bolt and the forward momentum to seal the breech as the weapon fires.

ysr_racer

Mac 10, Mac 11, what ever it takes :)

No, a Mac 10/11 is an open bolt design, which means the firing pin is fixed in the bolt, when the bolt slams forward (from the open position) it fires.

PCC rifles/pistols fire from a closed bolt, with an active firing pin (activated by the hammer). The difference between how a PCC and an AR15 fire is a PCC bolt just closes on the chamber, where as on an AR15 the bolt closes and then rotates and locks itself to the barrel.

The gas system on an AR15 uses a gas tube the from the front sight to unlock the bolt. PCC's don't have a gas system.

This RDB is a new hybrid design of the two.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Mac 10, Mac 11, what ever it takes :)

No, a Mac 10/11 is an open bolt design, which means the firing pin is fixed in the bolt, when the bolt slams forward (from the open position) it fires.

PCC rifles/pistols fire from a closed bolt, with an active firing pin (activated by the hammer). The difference between how a PCC and an AR15 fire is a PCC bolt just closes on the chamber, where as on an AR15 the bolt closes and then rotates and locks itself to the barrel.

The gas system on an AR15 uses a gas tube the from the front sight to unlock the bolt. PCC's don't have a gas system.

This RDB is a new hybrid design of the two.
Can you show us an animation of the operation?

Maybe post several separate threads with YouTube videos in each?

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
My younger brother has a 10mm CMMG pistol dealie with a stabiliser... not a stock :eyeroll:

Something is wrong with it. It wont cycle garden variety ammo. Bolt doesnt travel far enough to extract the spent shell. It WILL function with some double tap ammo I gave him but the spent cases are ballooned out where the feed ramp was; bad enough that the cases cant be resized in the traditional fashion. Maybe a roller die can reclaim them? I've run that double tap ammo through my G20 and other than some light primer extrusion there's no issues.

I think the feed ramp profile is incorrect.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
My younger brother has a 10mm CMMG pistol dealie with a stabiliser... not a stock :eyeroll:

Something is wrong with it. It wont cycle garden variety ammo. Bolt doesnt travel far enough to extract the spent shell. It WILL function with some double tap ammo I gave him but the spent cases are ballooned out where the feed ramp was; bad enough that the cases cant be resized in the traditional fashion. Maybe a roller die can reclaim them? I've run that double tap ammo through my G20 and other than some light primer extrusion there's no issues.

I think the feed ramp profile is incorrect.
What does the chamber look like?

Ballooned out on the feed ramp or bottom side of shell casing?

This sounds interesting and I'd like to see images of casings and firearm too.

Top Bottom