General Purpose Gun Thread

kawachan

BAMF
Anybody held a CAA Agada yet? I'd like to get my hands on one. I've got a couple of Brigade Arms PCC "pistols" in 9mm. Really wanted a rifle but haven't picked one up yet. For $899 I'd definitely like to try one out.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Anybody held a CAA Agada yet? I'd like to get my hands on one. I've got a couple of Brigade Arms PCC "pistols" in 9mm. Really wanted a rifle but haven't picked one up yet. For $899 I'd definitely like to try one out.

I would like to finger fuck that just to see how it feels.

Range time would tell you everything though.

Looks awkward at first glance.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
The reloading bench is back to a regular work bench for now. I made up many thousands of rounds this fall/winter. Enough to get me through to next fall. Now the girlfriend's son's CT-70 goes up on the bench for some attention. I also dropped off the reloader at Dillon for a teardown/cleanup. I could do it, but with the Dillon factory 20 minutes from my house, I'm happy to hand it over to them for a week.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Just back from a bike ride, where I encountered a bunch of homeless fucks, camped out at a pedestrian underpass I use often. Fuckers would not let me through. While it would have been fun to start waving the Springfield in their face and watch them scatter, I was a good citizen and just went another way, and called the cops on the fucking bums. There's more of them living up and down the wash along this bike path I use. I'm sure these are the same group which were a couple miles away, and were kicked out of their other location, which I also pass often. I haven't seen them at the old location for a while now. This is the game. They never go away, they just move around.

S.C.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Pro Gun Club - Henderson (NV) just outside of LV

I first started shooting here years ago when it was Desert Lake Country Club. It's a great club with a nice clubhouse, located 30 minutes from "the strip" in the Eldorado Hills in Henderson.

They've got 17 stations, and the targets were stiff today. I enjoyed it.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Went shooting with an old friend today, and came home (well, it didn't even make it home) with an Argentine Browning Hi Power. $150. It's in new condition. My buddy is getting old, and can't rack the slide on his pistols any more, so he's unloading some. I never got the gun home. I stopped off at my gunsmith and put him to work on it. Trim some off the hammer, so it doesn't pinch my hand when cycling, trigger job, remove the magazine disconnect, and a couple other mods.

Burt thread. I'll have pics in a few weeks.

S.C.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Good day at the shop, glad I didn't take the day off as I had wanted to. This walked in the door and left with me: an unfired Marlin 336 chambered in .30-30.

I paid the guy exactly what he was asking and felt guilty! It cost more filling my friends 40 gallon tank earlier this week. 😳

Last edited:
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Good day at the shop, glad I didn't take the day off as I had wanted to. This walked in the door and left with me: an unfired Marlin 336 chambered in .30-30.

View attachment 89693

I paid the guy exactly what he was asking and felt guilty! It cost more filling my friends 40 gallon tank earlier this week. 😳
Fucking sweet. I want a Marlin lever action in 44 Mag. Probably stainless. It's one of those guns that when I see it, I'm just going to get it.

S.C.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Fucking sweet. I want a Marlin lever action in 44 Mag. Probably stainless. It's one of those guns that when I see it, I'm just going to get it.

S.C.
I have a 44 Mag and 357 Mag Marlin, too. They're fun as Hell!

Next on my list, a .45-70 Marlin if I can find the right deal.

Jailer

BAMF

View attachment 89693

Nice score. I'm looking forward to the new Ruger built 30-30 with standard rifling. No more micro groove making it a more cast bullet friendly gun.

Next on my list, a .45-70 Marlin if I can find the right deal.
I've got a Remington built SBL and it's a fantastic shooter. Fit and finish wasn't the greatest when I got it but a little time and some work took care of that. It's never seen a jacketed bullet and I took a deer with it a couple years ago, my first cast bullet kill.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
I've got a Remington built SBL and it's a fantastic shooter. Fit and finish wasn't the greatest when I got it but a little time and some work took care of that. It's never seen a jacketed bullet and I took a deer with it a couple years ago, my first cast bullet kill.
That Marlin I picked up is one of the Remington built models. Seems pretty solid and for only $120, there's no way I wasn't bringing it home!

FYI, on the Remington built Marlins, if you want to know the build date, ignore the serial number. Look at the left side of the barrel in front of the receiver. There should be a 2 letter code. First letter is the month, second letter is the year.

B – JanL – FebA – MarC – AprK – MayP – Jun
O – JulW – AugD – SepE – OctR – NovX – Dec

For the year...

E=2010
F=2011
G=2012
H=2013
I=-2014
J=2015
K=2016, etc.

ysr_racer

I was up in Las Vegas at the SCI convention (Safari Club International) yesterday, and Nighthawk had a display. Mostly high priced 1911s, but they had a few Korth Revolvers as well.

The guy working the booth asked if I'd like to see one, and I jumped at the chance. Who wouldn't want to handle a five grand revo?

Imagine my disappointment when I was wholly unimpressed.

The sales rep went on and on about how smooth the trigger was. Yeah, all eight or nine pounds of it. Next up was the push button cylinder release.

Like that wouldn't fall out half way thru a stage ?

I'm comparing these $5000 Korths to my $1000 Kirbisized 627. You know the one with a 5.5lb trigger pull and the cylinder that stays in place?

Anybody actually own or shoot one of these? What are your thoughts?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I was up in Las Vegas at the SCI convention (Safari Club International) yesterday, and Nighthawk had a display. Mostly high priced 1911s, but they had a few Korth Revolvers as well.

The guy working the booth asked if I'd like to see one, and I jumped at the chance. Who wouldn't want to handle a five grand revo?

The sales rep went on and on about how smooth the trigger was. Yeah, all eight or nine pounds of it. Next up was the push button cylinder release.

I'm comparing these $5000 Korths to my $1000 Kirbisized 627. You know the one with a 5.5lb trigger pull and the cylinder that stays in place?

Looks to be ribbed for your pleasure so, it at the least ticked that checkbox for you, no?

ysr_racer

From your report it's perfect for someone who will shoot at paper, never exceeding 1 round per 10 seconds. Or someone whom will never fire it at all.
It's kind like a Rolex watch. It doesn't keep any better time than a regular watch, but you get to say, "have you seen my new Rolex?"

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+

Most of these boutique guns do absolutely nothing to impress me.

S.C.

kawachan

BAMF
I've got a Nighthawk 10-8 in 45 ACP. It's super smooth and shoots really nice. One of my old Soldier's brother worked there and I was trying to get a 9mm as well, but that never panned out.

Local dealer became a NH dealer and I really liked the new pistols, just not $3500 in love with them so I never sprung for another one. I definitely wouldn't spend 5K on that revolver. 🤮

rumble phish

BAMF+
It's kind like a Rolex watch. It doesn't keep any better time than a regular watch, but you get to say, "have you seen my new Rolex?"
Yeah, that NH isn't going to outshoot my Ruger GP100 with a 4 lb single action trigger (@ 8 lb da pull). And my GP only cost me $450!

rumble phish

BAMF+
Christ.

S.C.
They might pass it, but it'll immediately be stayed and then challenged in the Supreme Court, where it will fail (if it doesn't fail BEFORE getting to the big show).

That being said, as a CCW holder, I carry "gun" insurance. Anyone who legally carries daily is stupid not to.

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Cool to play with, but the accuracy would suck!!
Going "full auto" with anything kills accuracy. That's the tradeoff. There's a reason they call it "spray and pray". :ak:

Fun for maybe the first mag dump or two, then you realize how expensive it's going to get. Kills the fun pretty quickly.

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Depends on how you're achieving full auto. The way that gun does it is by bumping your finger/hand off the trigger. Whereas a real full auto does not cause your hand to jump around, which will kill your accuracy.

Top Bottom