These don t really need silencing.
About as loud as a hand clap...and under 9 cents per round

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Did a trigger job on my POS Ruger LC9 with a kit from MCARBO.

Total teardown of the gun is required to replace three springs. Wasn't difficult when following along with their video.

Pull is lighter, but still long. Some time at the range is needed

S.C.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
If you see the guy with the ninja mall ARs, be a good guy and tell him to remove his accessories if he wants them guns to cycle.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Did a trigger job on my POS Ruger LC9 with a kit from MCARBO.

Total teardown of the gun is required to replace three springs. Wasn't difficult when following along with their video.

Pull is lighter, but still long. Some time at the range is needed

S.C.
YEs, as big of a Ruger fan as I am, I can call a POS when there is one and your judgement of the original LC9 (as well as the LC380 and the LC380 CA) is spot on. Probably the single worst trigger this side of a Hi-Point.

Having said that, the LC9S (striker version) is a completely different animal. Nearly a perfect trigger. Light, crisp break, nearly zero grit, and a more than acceptable reset. That and my SR9C have been praised by multiple instructors at my CCW and Defensive Pistol classes (I'm affectionately referred to as "the Ruger guy" :lol: )

Do yourself a favor... Sell the LC9 and pick up an LC9S, an EC9S, or the LCP MAX (.380).

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
YEs, as big of a Ruger fan as I am, I can call a POS when there is one and your judgement of the original LC9 (as well as the LC380 and the LC380 CA) is spot on. Probably the single worst trigger this side of a Hi-Point.

Having said that, the LC9S (striker version) is a completely different animal. Nearly a perfect trigger. Light, crisp break, nearly zero grit, and a more than acceptable reset. That and my SR9C have been praised by multiple instructors at my CCW and Defensive Pistol classes (I'm affectionately referred to as "the Ruger guy" :lol: )

Do yourself a favor... Sell the LC9 and pick up an LC9S, an EC9S, or the LCP MAX (.380).
I have a difficult time selling a gun, especially a gun that may bring me $200. I'd rather keep it and buy the LC9S. I've heard the LC9S is a good gun.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
If you see the guy with the ninja mall ARs, be a good guy and tell him to remove his accessories if he wants them guns to cycle.
Oh, I will, and I'll tell him WP says so.

BTW, I thought of you the other day when I was leaving. I noticed these two in the display case. The only thing missing to make them WP approved is a rub of the foreskin. And look at that price? Such a bargain, YSR would take two at that price.

S.C.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I've been trying to get an LCP max for weeks, dem fuckers are selling like condoms in a haitian brothel.
OC, I fired a Canik TP9-Something last weekend. I shot it well, but the trigger broke very late in the pull. Is that something that is adjustable with any of their models?

S.C.

hagrid

Human sized Loofah Pouf
What about a Springfield Ronin 10mm? You ever see those come in? I have a hankerin' for one of those, just because I like it.

S.C.
I'm glad you brought that up.

My younger brother just bought a CMMG(?) "pistol" chambered for 10mm. I dont care what he says, it's a fucking short barrelled rifle with a "brace". It doesnt matter. What does matter is what it did to the brass of high pressure ammo. The feed ramp doesn't support the shell just above the hade. They ballooned bigly... to the pointe I dont think they can be resized.

If you're looking at something similar ask to see an example of fired brass out of it first.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
What about a Springfield Ronin 10mm? You ever see those come in? I have a hankerin' for one of those, just because I like it.

S.C.
Not yet, at least in 10mm. I think there might be a pre-owned Ronin in 45, but I'll have to double check. The only 10mm's I know we have for certain are a Kimber Stainless II (?) and a Magnum Research 1911 was traded in today.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I'm glad you brought that up.

My younger brother just bought a CMMG(?) "pistol" chambered for 10mm. I dont care what he says, it's a fucking short barrelled rifle with a "brace". It doesnt matter. What does matter is what it did to the brass of high pressure ammo. The feed ramp doesn't support the shell just above the hade. They ballooned bigly... to the pointe I dont think they can be resized.

If you're looking at something similar ask to see an example of fired brass out of it first.
All the brass out of my Colt Delta Elite and Springfield XD 10mm look good. Can't say anything about the Ronin, because I can't get my hands on one. But that fucking POS KelTec PLR22 I bought absolutely suffered from the exact symptom you mention, and I sent it back to KelTec twice before they finally did what appears to be a barrel replacement, which stopped the issue.

S.C.

RobBase

Flippin Swiss fan of Tay-Tay
Oh, I will, and I'll tell him WP says so.

BTW, I thought of you the other day when I was leaving. I noticed these two in the display case. The only thing missing to make them WP approved is a rub of the foreskin. And look at that price? Such a bargain, YSR would take two at that price.

S.C.
Even if that price was for the both of them, that's just plain retarded or it's sucker's pricing.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Poly 80 version of a Glock 34 that a holster customer built. She did a good job, adding nice target sights and a very cool octagonal profile barrel nicely crowned.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...what's with that cylinder release...?!?...

...the gun has vestigial sights and a bobbed hammer but that release looks like you could hang the gun from it...

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
...what's with that cylinder release...?!?...

...the gun has vestigial sights and a bobbed hammer but that release looks like you could hang the gun from it...
First revolver I've seen with one. Intriguing, for sure. I'm building his owb belt holster with just enough sweat guard to keep that release out of play, and out of his kidney.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Dang, that's cheap for 9mm.
Well, there's a caveat to this story. I was at a local outdoor sports store called Scheels. It's kinda like a Bass Pro/Cabela's. They had a deal where if you signed up for their Visa card you'd get up to $110 off your first purchase. The ammo was going for $89.99 per box of 200, which is fucking ridiculous. But after the Visa coupon it made it a a better deal.

So, they had plenty of 5.56, some 7.62x39, almost no .22, no .45 ACP (except subsonic), and 5 boxes of 9mm FMJ in 124g (which just so happens to be the grain I shoot).

I took three boxes, because that put my just past the $250 limit required for the coupon deal. Figured I'd leave two boxes for someone else.

kawachan

BAMF
I went to a Scheels in Colorado Springs a few weeks back. No limit on ammo. They said bring a dolly or a forklift, we'll sell you all you can pay for. I bought 2 boxes of 30-30 and some 10mm for a guy I work with

My local farm and Ranch (Atwoods) just got in some brass cased training 115gr 9mm from CCI for 14.99 a box. Just upped the limit from 2 to 5 boxes a day so I've picked up 17 boxes so far.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
I went to a Scheels in Colorado Springs a few weeks back. No limit on ammo. They said bring a dolly or a forklift, we'll sell you all you can pay for. I bought 2 boxes of 30-30 and some 10mm for a guy I work with

My local farm and Ranch (Atwoods) just got in some brass cased training 115gr 9mm from CCI for 14.99 a box. Just upped the limit from 2 to 5 boxes a day so I've picked up 17 boxes so far.
What was the price on the 10mm? And which type of 10mm was it?

S.C.

Top Bottom