General Purpose Gun Thread

Drakhen

BAMF
Well shit, this is why I hang out with you guys.

S.C.
Other big hints are the atrocious quality of the replica's casting, the sticker on the side isn't right, and Trijicon casts their name into the side of that model. Also, the color of the fiber optic on the top is different, though that could be a change at Trijicon, as I'm not that familiar with their products, and they don't seem to make the exact model shown any longer. The pics are the closest to the same model number I could find on their sight.
TA31RCO-A4CP_315-1431-1566311792.jpgTA31RCO-A4CP_90-1436-1566311794.jpg

Last edited:

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
That Chiappa certainly does stand out in the looks department, most people do a double take when first seeing one. But pick one up and try to get your sight picture - you have to seriously cant your wrist over compared to most any other revolver or semi-auto. It might even be more extreme than the classic Ruger Mk II, III, etc. 22's grip angle.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Speaking of odd/weird revolvers, the Thunderstruck S333 is near the top of that list. It's a double barreled 22 magnum revolver with an 8 round cylinder. It fires both barrels with each trigger squeeze. 2 or 3 have been sold at the shop.

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
My Desert Eagle .44 Mag never seems to disappoint or entertain. I met a friend at the range today. He is shooting it in the video and pics. The boom and flame this thing makes always draws people over to my lane.

Couple stills from the video.

S.C.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I waiting on my latest purchase to clear background checks.

Sweetest stock semiautomatic I've ever held and the trigger action would make you throw rocks at your Glocks.

I'll keep it a mystery until no later than the 12th as I should have a call back on or before then.

In the meantime... :fu:

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Warp....do you make an inside the waist kydex holster for the beretta 21A covert Bobcat?

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Warp....do you make an inside the waist kydex holster for the beretta 21A covert Bobcat?
I can't, unfortunately. The shop doesn't have a mold nor an actual 21A I can build a holster around.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Snipe off any turtles with your 9x69 super exotic one off calibers made especially for you?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Got the go ahead yesterday but, couldn't go pick it up until this morning.

Originally went in looking for compact version but, there wasn't one there so, that means I'll have to go back and buy another one after I wear some new off this one...

...or when a compact model comes in. :confused2:

I'll take pictures when I get the opportunity later, I promise.

PDP Full-Size 4.5" – www.waltherarms.com

Plus, 300 rounds to play with, dammit!
Now I have another caliber to worry about, you fuckers! :screama:

LuxPride

BAMF
Got the go ahead yesterday but, couldn't go pick it up until this morning.

Originally went in looking for compact version but, there wasn't one there so, that means I'll have to go back and buy another one after I wear some new off this one...

...or when a compact model comes in. :confused2:

I'll take pictures when I get the opportunity later, I promise.

PDP Full-Size 4.5" – www.waltherarms.com

Plus, 300 rounds to play with, dammit!
Now I have another caliber to worry about, you fuckers! :screama:
Nice! Walther took a page out of HK's VP9 book with the adjustable back panels.

If this is your first 9, wait till you fill the safe with a few more (because everyone needs a "...."). then you look into PCC's, then you think you'll save a few bucks reloading. So, welcome aboard! Do yourself a favor and buy a gun from every manufacture (preferably at once to prolong the inevitable "what ifs"), sell the ones you don't shoot well, then buy a Dillion 750 to start. :biggrin1a:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Nice! Walther took a page out of HK's VP9 book with the adjustable back panels.

If this is your first 9, wait till you fill the safe with a few more (because everyone needs a "...."). then you look into PCC's, then you think you'll save a few bucks reloading. So, welcome aboard! Do yourself a favor and buy a gun from every manufacture (preferably at once to prolong the inevitable "what ifs"), sell the ones you don't shoot well, then buy a Dillion 750 to start. :biggrin1a:
I can't go crazy just yet, I still need to put a roof on the house first...

...if I can ever get back to a normal pace of life instead of being on-fucking-call 24/7 for elder care.

I bought this fucker because, I liked what I was reading about it and I'd had just a shit week from hell playing; nurse/message runner/information operator/mechanic/chauffeur and mental health counselor.

I honestly just went in to see the damned thing in the flesh and was overwhelmed by the fit in my hand and the amazing stock trigger.

If it wasn't a heat index of 115 degrees out right now I'd be out breaking it in.

Maybe in the morning, before it gets too hot out.

LuxPride

BAMF
Enjoy brother, it's the little things in life. I'm glad the retail therapy came in your direction, it sounds like you deserve it!

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Have you sent rounds downrange? We need an update!

Working on getting out the door this morning but, the little Toyota needed some TLC and adjustments on the EFI.

It's very fucking hot/humid now so, looking at later this afternoon.

It's getting some extra parts sometime this week too, if they all come in around the same time.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
It's very fucking hot/humid now so, looking at later this afternoon.
This is why I joined an indoor range. I can't always make it out to the local outdoor range first thing in the morning when they open. And it's usually a shit show anyway. So I just reserve myself a lane at C2 Tactical in Scottsdale, and show up at the scheculed time.

But I do also belong to an outdoor range (Phoenix Rod & Gun Club), which I discovered via our token Joooo. Weekdays, the place is closed to non-members. I get the whole fucking range to myself most times.

S.C.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
This is why I joined an indoor range. I can't always make it out to the local outdoor range first thing in the morning when they open. And it's usually a shit show anyway. So I just reserve myself a lane at C2 Tactical in Scottsdale, and show up at the scheculed time.

But I do also belong to an outdoor range (Phoenix Rod & Gun Club), which I discovered via our token Joooo. Weekdays, the place is closed to non-members. I get the whole fucking range to myself most times.

S.C.

Yeah, if I had not done two 60 mile round trips the last two days in a row, I'd have considered going back into the big city at one of the available ranges there.

I may just end up blasting a few rounds at my sister's place but, really wanted to take my daughter so she could get some more pistol time/training.

We're under a heat advisory, feels like 105-110° F until 8:00 tonight.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Indoor ranges are a blessing and a curse. Blessing during stupid hot or cold days when shooting outdoors isn't realistic, but cursed when it comes to exposure to lead. Even with EPA mandated HEPA filtration systems, customers and staff are still getting quite a bit of exposure depending upon how frequently they go and how many other shooters are active at the same time. Seriously, get tested so you have a current baseline and can take appropriate steps.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Indoor ranges are a blessing and a curse. Blessing during stupid hot or cold days when shooting outdoors isn't realistic, but cursed when it comes to exposure to lead. Even with EPA mandated HEPA filtration systems, customers and staff are still getting quite a bit of exposure depending upon how frequently they go and how many other shooters are active at the same time. Seriously, get tested so you have a current baseline and can take appropriate steps.
Ours has excellent ventillation, but what you mention is worth consideration.

S.C.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Pfft...indoor is convenient but outdoor makes for more realistic training. If you don t train in the cold...in the rain...in the wind...in the blinding sun...

Then you ll never know how you and your gear will react under those conditions

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Fuckit, I ate a Tramadol and fucking went anyway.
No breeze at all.

Holy Shit what a sweet/smooth operating piece of equipment!
Very fun to shoot.

It was shooting low and to the right (top center aim point) for the first mag and then with two big adjustments and the third just one more click up and it was right on target, at 10 yards.
It was too damned hot to take more pictures of the already well used target but, I may take some pics once I cool off and get some food.

Put around 80 rounds through it without issue.

Then 15 rounds through the Airweight, violent little fucker for a .38, in comparison and 18 or 24 rounds through the Buck Mark.

Daughter shot the PDP three times but, preferred the Browning for her to have fun with as it fit her hand better.

I need to bring the proper screwdriver to adjust Browning next time out as it was shooting high for both of us.

It was a good session where much was learned and great fun had as it always is when we get to go shooting together.

Candid shot before she got a chance to smile as I like those kind of pictures most.

Stay tuned for incoming upgrades so that I don't have to depend on my worn out eyeballs through iron sights... :fu:

Wretch

amazingly graceful

I ate enough paint chips as a child so I'm immune to the dust now.

:smile2:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Tell to not lock her arms out and to lean into the shot a little more :up:

Awesome to see you and your daughter out there bonding :up:
She needs to work out, I've told her after she complained about the pistols being to heavy to hold for long.

She's better with the rifles/shotguns.

There was a lot to cover today as this was only the second time with pistols and I didn't want to sensory overload her.

She had a blast.

We are bonded better than she and her mother and can just about finish each other's sentences.
Hear each other before words are even spoken.
We are a team...
...most of the time.

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Pfft...indoor is convenient but outdoor makes for more realistic training. If you don t train in the cold...in the rain...in the wind...in the blinding sun...

Then you ll never know how you and your gear will react under those conditions
Come on out here and do a 16 mile loop on a bicycle with me, in 115 degree heat, then let's see who shoot better. :biggrin:

S.C.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
With all the new offerings out there...with all those Glock copies, how many of you have strayed?

I have tried a few, $5 rentals of this and that...and FOR ME...Glock is still king

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Come on out here and do a 16 mile loop on a bicycle with me, in 115 degree heat, then let's see who shoot better. :biggrin:

S.C.
I think we ve had 2 or 3 days where the temps barely touched 80 this summer.
If I drive 10 min north it's 10 degrees warmer.

Why would anyone live in 115 degree temperatures is beyond me.

Top Bottom