General Purpose Gun Thread

Hapo

Dog Boy
I took the 686 out to the range today for its first time out since coming back from the gunsmith. 30 feet, double action. Seeing how I always shoot low, and left, I'd say the sights need a litle adjustment. But the second pic is from my gunsmith's test firing.

So......What the fuck am I doing wrong?

S.C.
...it is your grip or you are looking at it differently...

...w/o watching you shoot it is hard to tell but you might be "pulling" the trigger, eh...

...in a right handed shooter that can send shots to the right...at least you are consistent, but work on trigger pull before messing with sights...

...when you squeeze with your whole hand they tend to go to the left...

...shooting low can indicate anticipation of recoil...a controlled flinch, as it were...

...flash used to do this and denied it until we (didna) loaded his gun for him one tyme...

...that said it is not like it is unusual for a gun to shoot to slightly or even grossly different points of impact for different shooters...

...maybe his glasses are thicker or your wookie arms are too fukin long...

...FWIW flash was a gun hating and pig hating fuking hippie when we meet but he died shooting better than Hapo, the guy what taught him...there is that...

...he ended up buying one of FalconCop's guns...

Last edited:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...weeell fuk...if that was DA then it is highly fuking likely that the reason the shots are drifting to the right is due to the fuking trigger finger fuking it all the fuk up...

...at least you have isolated the movement to the trigger finger and are not reflexively squeezing off the shots with your whole hand...

...that tends to push them to the left (for right handed shooters) and is harder to fix... (reflexive action)

...that happens a lot when people shoot DA...

Last edited:

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Your holes look like you punched them with a paper punch. You shooting wadcutters?
The gunsmith's holes aren't near as perfect.

• Red
Reactions: Red

gsteve

BAMF+
I took the 686 out to the range today for its first time out since coming back from the gunsmith. 30 feet, double action. Seeing how I always shoot low, and left, I'd say the sights need a litle adjustment. But the second pic is from my gunsmith's test firing.

So......What the fuck am I doing wrong?

S.C.
The second pic is the gunsmith ?at what distance ?

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
This just showed up.

This this thing has bluetooth, so no cords from the chrono to a display. There's a phone app that displays all the data, such as highest speed, lowest speed, average speed. You can punch in the caliber, bullet type, weight, powder charge and all that rot, and it calculates total energy of the round. It does other shit too. A very useful tool for testing all my hand loaded ammo.

YSR has this one. We used it a couple weeks ago. I had to get my own, since the stingy motherfucker took his home with him.

S.C.

gsxrian

BAMF
This just showed up.

This this thing has bluetooth, so no cords from the chrono to a display. There's a phone app that displays all the data, such as highest speed, lowest speed, average speed. You can punch in the caliber, bullet type, weight, powder charge and all that rot, and it calculates total energy of the round. It does other shit too. A very useful tool for testing all my hand loaded ammo.

YSR has this one. We used it a couple weeks ago. I had to get my own, since the stingy motherfucker took his home with him.

S.C.
It has 'bunny ears', can you get good TV reception?

Looks great ! How’s the dbl action trigger ? The originals were pretty crappy
The double action is Smooth with no stacking like the old model. The trigger and the whole gun actually, are built like the new Python even down to the subcontractors. Difference in the trigger is it was scaled up for the larger action and the angles are a little different obviously on the internals. I got this one because of the low SN and will keep it unfired. People are paying stupid money for these right now. The action is large enough to accommodate the 454 which is what I want! Be about this time next year hopefully.

The double action is Smooth with no stacking like the old model. The trigger and the whole gun actually, are built like the new Python even down to the subcontractors. Difference in the trigger is it was scaled up for the larger action and the angles are a little different obviously on the internals. I got this one because of the low SN and will keep it unfired. People are paying stupid money for these right now. The action is large enough to accommodate the 454 which is what I want! Be about this time next year hopefully.
View attachment 61635
Good Lord! People go nuts over new guns. My SN is way way lower Colt anaconda 2021 just in number 74 - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 897082061

First 10k gets it! It really is a good deal. Will even "rub" it on my butt to enhance accuracy... :D Oh my I have become who I loathe lol!

OP
scottcolbath

scottcolbath

BAMF+
What is your loadout for these? My next load will probably be VV-135 powder (or IMR 4064) with some 55gr bullets from Xtreme. I managed to score another 2k SRP and SPP since you helped me out. (thanks again~)
24 grains of 2230. 55 grain Hornady BT FMJ. Here are the results.

AR with a 20" barrel.
Screenshot_20210405-152519.png.png

Ruger American Ranch. 16" barrel.
Screenshot_20210405-152822.png.png

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Just getting this dialed in, still waiting on a timney alpha trigger for gen 5’s and a little frame work...
Same. I've dialed my Gen5 19 trigger pull down to 3.1 pounds (which gets a friend with a $1,400 ZevTec all bent out of shape!) but that Alpha is supposed to be the game changer. Just waiting..

They are supposedly shipping now, RSR isnt even showing the gen5 version yet, lipseys is but no stock, may have to pay full pop if you want one now rather than later.

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Have yet to feel a better trigger than Johnny Glock's but anything is possible.
Waiting on my steel plates and i'll have my own shooting range in my driveway

Having a lot of fun w this little thing

Top Bottom