Fuji X-T30

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
Earth or possibly another planet, also Dingburg
...methinks I will buy the Fuji XT30 and a pair of lenses....

..a 18-55 / 2.8 and a 55-200 / 3.5...the camera comes with a nice kit...

Last edited:

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Is it still photography if no film is used, therefore no photographs are produced? Image manipulator just doesn't have the same ring as photographer.

Imologist? :confused2:

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
Is it still photography if no film is used, therefore no photographs are produced? Image manipulator just doesn't have the same ring as photographer.

Imologist? :confused2:

...I would call you aboot something, but I don't want to get near you, or any one else for that matter...

...did you see what I did with the commas...???...

...I am going to spend all my drug money on a decent camera outfit for myself for a change...have not had one since '03...

...it looks like I have finally lost everything...

Last edited:

tinhead

Has never named a pet
rna doesn't travel by phone. I'll go get lotto soon but that's an excuse to take a ride. Or maybe take the Accord it's brakes work and I can fill a gascan. The Eagle changed hands just in time to get shut down, April 1. They have a sign up that they do takeout Thurs-Sun 4-8pm. There were a bunch (30?) bikes there Sunday, the stepsons' baby momma fiance asks me what are they doing? Eating takeout in the parking lot. They're going in and out! Getting their food and using the restrooms, bikes create communities.

She asked me if I was going down there.
Nope, don't feel like it today.

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead

Product Overview
The XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR is the first super-fast telephoto lens in the XF lens lineup, offering a fast maximum f-stop of 2.0 and a focal length equivalent to 305mm in 35mm film format. Taking advantage of technologies synonymous with FUJINON lenses, this new telephoto lens boasts exceptional image clarity with the ability to produce beautiful bokeh, making it the perfect choice for shooting sports and wildlife.

The XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR lens will be available as a kit, paired with the high performance FUJINON XF1.4X F2 TC WR teleconverter, which extends the focal length of the lens by 1.4 times. The teleconverter allows the lens to cover a focal length equivalent to 427mm at F2.8.

Last edited:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I need this bitch! Anybody want to give me the $12,000.00 for it?

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The SIL and her hubby got their stuff used, they have some that are car level price for birding.

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...I bought one of my $700 lenses used in excellent condition @ $200 off...the other was $700 retail but I got it at a kit price, $400 or so...

...I even Jewed Stan the salesman @ Adorama in NYC down a bit so I could buy everything I wanted...this was a seriously Jewish salesman too...they can wiggle on used stuff...

...with Jews you can always count on greed to help close a deal...and he was actually very helpful and honest...

...I told me stuff that I had figgered out already...he was giving his best advise, not pushing product...

...to point he told me the 16-55 lens I was considering was not worth the $$$ compared to the 18-55 lens supplied as a kit lens with a Fuji camera...

...he said the lens was not like kit lenses supplied with other brands but an actual mid range lens...

...he went on to state the the 55-200 Fuji X series lens I was considering was well built and well regarded and also a very good value for the performance, and that you would not do better w/o spending crazy bucks...

...I had already found ample evidence to bear all those statements out beforehand...I had already decided to get those two lenses for now...

...I was not testing per se him but he had called me back on these issues and I was interested in what he would have to say...

...they did "forget" one bit from the bundle but promised to send it right along since I noticed...LoL...

Last edited:
OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
I need this bitch! Anybody want to give me the $12,000.00 for it?

...well...I very much want to give you the $$$ for it...

Master-Cylinder

...well...I very much want to give you the $$$ for it...
I built a Woods Duck house at the far side of my pond, saw a Woods hen sticking her head out of it today. I want to snap a pic, but my 300mm is a bit short to get a real good shot. My camera has a 24.3 MP sensor on it, so I can crop the shit out of the picture before it gets grainy.

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...big sale...!!!...(17%)

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...I took the new camera on it's first outing today...not liking the clucky lens mount much...

...with the 55-200 on it clunks back and forth when you use the zoom...with the 18-55 does not...

...I can't see how the constant movement will not wear and loosen the mount...

...with prime lens that would not be an issue but I don't have prime lenses...

Master-Cylinder

I still have an SX70 camera. Film still available for it.

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...I already have thousands of images I will never post here...no worries...

...I might trade it in on sum more drugz...

...but for now I have changed the name of the thread to X-T30 because that is what I ended up buying...

...I might trade it all in on a X-T4...they just came out, maaan...!!!....

OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...next lens...

Verdict
Venus Optics Laowa 65mm f/2...

Price ..
399.00US$

Please support our work in order to keep this site alive and kicking.
The Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO is a stunning performer with just a few minor weaknesses. Its biggest value proposition is the excellent resolution. At f/2.8, the center is tack sharp with a hint of softness at the image corners. However, at f/5.6, the quality is as good as it gets! Lateral CAs, as well as distortions, are non-existent. There's a tad of vignetting at fully open aperture but it's by no means disturbing and it can be reduced by stopping down. The quality of the bokeh is good. The foreground blur is very smooth whereas the background blur could be better. Out of focus highlights are nicely rendered at f/2.8 but you can spot that the lens doesn't feature curved aperture blades at smaller aperture settings. A big plus in our book is the lack of axial CAs which is already a massive achievement alone but even more so at a price point of just 399USD/479EUR. It is a true APO lens indeed.
The build quality of the all-metal Laowa lens is very good- also thanks to the constant physical size.. The focus ring feels great and here are no wobbly partsWeather-sealing is not implemented. As mentioned, the aperture mechanism isn't super accurate though. In real life it won't matter too much but the effective minimum aperture settings are actually bigger (in terms of aperture diameter) than indicated. A more substantial drawback for some is the all-manual nature - no AF, no EXIF data, no camera-controlled aperture. Macro photographers may shrug this off because AF is of little use in the macro world but the average Bruce and Sheila may miss this during everyday photography.
Not all Laowa lenses are excellent but some are and the Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO is certainly among them. Canon, Fujifilm & the likes have reasons to get a little nervous by now. As of today, Laowa is still a niche player today but once they'll be able to source the necessary parts for implementing AF and electronic coupling, they'll be heading straight for the mainstream.

Last edited:
OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...I decided to keep all this stuff and just get the X-T4 later when my poor, impoverished funds will allow such a thing...

...I will use my meager funds to acquire some lenses until the prices drop and the bugs are discovered...

...I have discovered the need for a wider angle lens...poor me, how will I ever afford such a thing...???...

...I might have to give up drugs...!!!...that's against the doctor's orders...!!!...oh, the calamity...!!!...oh, the tragedy...!!!...

...forced to chose between vital, life sustaining marijahunna, or expensive esoteric camera lenses...

...what is the world coming too...!?!...what a world, what a world...

...I have enough to learn with this mid grade X-T30 model...it is the new test bed for a lens review forum so I should be able to manage with it...

...this is the lens I was hoping BilletMan would buy for me as it does not look like ysr' will...

...it's only $1000...it's not like he'd even notice...LoL... .!.:D.!.

Last edited:
OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead

...I need this lens...I might buy it used @ $709...if it lasts the night...!!!...

...it would be great for video documentaries of people working at benches n' shit...

...hey, I'm tryin' here...why won't you guys help...?!?... :confused2::hissyfit: :ireful::wacko3::oldman1::biggrin1a:

Last edited:
OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...it would compliment these two I have nicely...

...the 10-24 would most likely see the most use and the others would fill in for longer shots...

...I am surprised at this development...I thought I would want to go for extreme telephoto...

...I want to use the 10-24 to take photos of trees mostly...I am not having much luck getting the results I am after...

Last edited:
OP
Zippy

Zippy

pinhead
...then there is this super wide beast...it weights and costs twice what the 10-24 does and does not have image stabilization nor screw in filters...

...these are thigs I would not like...it is really a pro level lens...I could see renting it for something...non of the other lenses I have been on aboot are "Red Label", eh...

...I am not liking how heavy my bag is already...this stuff does not carry itself...

Last edited:
Top Bottom