Fucking KTM... Maybe Lucky is right.

BilletMan

BAMF+
Yeah, like WTF is that KTM bullshit? Inventing another solution where no more are needed...that's ridiculous! :retard::retard::retard::retard:

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Somebody please buy my Goldwing!

Stetson

BAMF
There are few sounds as discouraging to hear as a part, formerly under tension, ricocheting off a far wall of the garage.

Unless you hear nothing at all, which means it went out the open garage door...:frown2:

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
There are few sounds as discouraging to hear as a part, formerly under tension, ricocheting off a far wall of the garage.

Unless you hear nothing at all, which means it went out the open garage door...:frown2:
Or a clean shot into the crankcase where the oil dampens the noise.

I was torquing the nut on some clutch that took 78 ft lbs or more torque. I used a .75 farmer inch aluminum cube to wedge the gears. Torqued the nut, then of course let the pressure off the torque wrench and the chunk of aluminum dropped behind the clutch and into a hole almost the exact same size into the crankcase, a V-Twin crankcase which meant time to disassemble the complete whole engine. I was shitting bricks and taught the other guys words they had never heard before! I drained the oil on it, stuck the $nap Off camera in the hole hooked it with a piece of wire, it was like playing the game Operation.
That chunk of aluminum now has a piece of wire on it.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Ever change the oil filter on a Yamaha V-Star? You have to remove the front exhaust pipe, hoping to hell the exhaust studs do not break off, remove the floor board on some (or at least loosed it) and then remove the five bolts holding the cover on.

An air filter on a Goldwing take close to two hours to replace depending on how junked up they are.

whipit1K

BAMF
Somebody please buy my Goldwing!
what are the details on this beast? seems like I knew that your carbs had been sent to florida and it is a 1500/6 cyl....but what else? how much?

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Really had my eye on a 500 exc but after Rhinos debacle I’m backing off...:evil:

whipit1K

BAMF
Really had my eye on a 500 exc but after Rhinos debacle I’m backing off...:evil:
LOL seriously? I have almost 45K miles on my 17 model KTM 1290 and it is a hell of a machine, love it. you really let another guy's brake rotor problem stop you?

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
LOL seriously? I have almost 45K miles on my 17 model KTM 1290 and it is a hell of a machine, love it. you really let another guy's brake rotor problem stop you?
I don’t care about the bike problems so much, I can’t stomach a manufacture not standing behind their product.

whipit1K

BAMF
I don’t care about the bike problems so much, I can’t stomach a manufacture not standing behind their product.
well you do have a Japanese option now, the CRF450L is supposed to be pretty good. No 500EXC, but light years ahead of any other japanese dualsport

agri

BAMF
Sail,
One of the guys we ride with has a 2019 500exc, he put 4000km on it this year, ZERO issues.
I did uninstall a lot of the anti smog shit on it and uncorked it , also a ecu reflash.
It hauls ass

C. Dolan

BAMF+
Ever change the oil filter on a Yamaha V-Star? You have to remove the front exhaust pipe, hoping to hell the exhaust studs do not break off, remove the floor board on some (or at least loosed it) and then remove the five bolts holding the cover on.
My 2005 V Star 1100 story:

The output shaft has a habit of breaking off the 14 mm stud that holds the output shaft on.

The entire motor has to be torn apart as cylinders have to be pulled to split the cases.

I said " fuck that " and drilled by hand / electric drill a hole inside to take a 1/2 " thread.

Put it together with a 1/2 inch grade 8 bolt. Had to drill about 1 1/2 " deep.

Fortunately the material was soft inside.

1985 V Star 1100.JPG
Drill Guide.JPG
My drill guide was a 14 mm thread I made on the lathe, with the original nut to hold on
to what was left of the stud.
Hole, Threads.JPG
........................................................ The Hole / threads.
Final.JPG
.................................................. Final before bolt installed.

Top Bottom