Fucking Dealer thief....

Vegas12

BAMF+
Bought a '17 Silverado that needed some new keys programmed.

The charge was $95 labor 🙄 and $50 for a new key.🙄🙄

Go to pay the bill and there is a $12 "shop supplies" charge on the bill.

I axed the cashier what was the charge for.

She has to call the service writer.

He says it's a shop supply fee...

OK....what shop supplies?

Asshole says, "Rags, oil, disposal...."

I said OK, get me my rags back and what oil does the FOB and the keys use???

Fuckhead snatches the repair order out of my hands and says, "Fine, I'll remove the charge."

I LOLed...

Like laying me away for 150 wasn't enough.

Automatically calculated with their billing software, yes it's like a tax. The dealer I worked for charged 6% on labor. Shop supplies can also be the $3500 scanner that you don't own that programs your key. Or the $10k in other mostly useless tools corporate forces a dealer to buy each year, or service manual costs, they are all PDF these days but corporate still charges the dealer for them. Then I would ask my boss to take the charge off your bill because squeaky wheels get the grease.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Automatically calculated with their billing software, yes it's like a tax. The dealer I worked for charged 6% on labor. Shop supplies can also be the $3500 scanner that you don't own that programs your key. Or the $10k in other mostly useless tools corporate forces a dealer to buy each year, or service manual costs, they are all PDF these days but corporate still charges the dealer for them. Then I would ask my boss to take the charge off your bill because squeaky wheels get the grease.
Then charge more on the upfront fees for the actual service performed.....don't be sneaky cunts with made up fees.

Austin_F

BAMF+
A trick one of my homies told me about was when going in for a rad flush.

They'll hook the machine up, turn it on, and while the machine does the work they'll go change the brakes on a Honda civic. You and the Honda guy will both pay for the time he spent on the brakes.

A trick one of my homies told me about was when going in for a rad flush.

They'll hook the machine up, turn it on, and while the machine does the work they'll go change the brakes on a Honda civic. You and the Honda guy will both pay for the time he spent on the brakes.
Now you don't want to reward technicians for being proficient? I worked 3 lifts.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
You aren't pissed they charged you an hour labor for 15 minutes of clean work?
Of course I was,
did you not see the rolling eyes emoji??

But that was what was quoted....and I accepted it.

I also sucked up the $50 key charge....but I did find 2 FOBS for $25 on line....saved me about $150.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I ended up in an argument to remove 15 minutes of "labor" on the work they did at they charged from 1:30 pm to 15:30 pm... and at 15:00 to 15:15 its their break.....

I argued that its not my job at 100$ / hour to pay for your guy's afternoon break, it's theirs..

25$ saved :fu: :fu:

Austin_F

BAMF+
I ended up in an argument to remove 15 minutes of "labor" on the work they did at they charged from 1:30 pm to 15:30 pm... and at 15:00 to 15:15 its their break.....

I argued that its not my job at 100$ / hour to pay for your guy's afternoon break, it's theirs..

25$ saved :fu::fu:
Maybe he left the brake rotor machine running during his break. You dont want to pay for his proficiency?

So if you get a new or slow technician or a complex problem you all are willing to pay double labor?
This shit doesn't work both ways folks. I agree extra taxes are bullshit, corporate greed. Leave a man's livelyhood out of it.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
You aren't pissed they charged you an hour labor for 15 minutes of clean work?

<edit> Programming should just be included in the cost of the key.

Copy on the key programming.....and the $95 for the FOBS also makes sense to cover overhead....it's the sneaky ass shop supplies I thought was bullshit.

WARREN

BAMF+
meh, my key machine was $11K and the IDS computer to program the key is another $6K...… pay it, don't pay it..... my shit starts, so whatever suits you best.
lol
I can't think of a place on earth more people go to with a sense of entitlement for not paying for something the are incapable of doing themselves.

2012 Camaro I had if you were in possession of one working fob the car would program extra ones by itself. What ever happened to that?

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Maybe he left the brake rotor machine running during his break. You dont want to pay for his proficiency?
No because i was in the shop the whole time.. and saw everything.. it wasnt a brake job.

WARREN

BAMF+
2012 Camaro I had if you were in possession of one working fob the car would program extra ones by itself. What ever happened to that?
on our models, if you have 2, you can program as many as you like yourself, but if you have none, you need 2.
in Canuckistan a $400 key is pretty normal these days.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
meh, my key machine was $11K and the IDS computer to program the key is another $6K...… pay it, don't pay it..... my shit starts, so whatever suits you best.
lol
I can't think of a place on earth more people go to with a sense of entitlement for not paying for something the are incapable of doing themselves.
Not sure who you're addressing that to.... don't think anyone is complaining about paying for a service at its quoted price.....like you said, if one doesn't like it, take a hike.

It's the sneaky back door shit and the canned answer that is bullshit IMHO.

C'mon maaaaan....charging for rags during a FOB/Key program??

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
All the time you spent writing this thread cost you more than that $17

You jooz amaze me

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Higher or lower?

Does it come with the RTEK tumbler?

Keeping the tumbler...

I'll throw in a 32oz. plastic Dickey's cup...how's that??

Last edited:
Certainly is a nice looking truck. Almost a dead ringer for the one I rented for my west trip back in may. Averaging about 22 mpg highway, can't complain.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
All the time you spent writing this thread cost you more than that $17

You jooz amaze me

Cost this faux-hebe nada.....partner and I picked up two cars from copart this morning. A neon and Suzuki/chevy tracker. (trailered the neon, drove the tracker to our yard) Both were donation cars going to a dealer in AZ. The snowbirds love those throw away cars.

Dropped off and picked up the Silverado from the dealer in between the above.

Now I'm watching baseball playoffs and playing on LAB's.

Somebody just texted on a '16 Tacoma I have....told him after the game or maybe tomorrow.

But hey, thanks for the concern....

I do most maintenance and repairs myself at home, but I recall getting into a pissing match over a bullshit "shop supplies" charge before, when no consumables were required for whatever that task was.
I think what pissed me off was that it wasn't part of the estimate. If you are going to automatically tack it onto the bill, even if it's bullshit, that's fine; I will survive. Just make sure you automatically tack it onto the fucking estimate first.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
So, not a truck then. :smashtard:

$16,000, you pay the cab from the airport, provide a six-pack of Coors Banquet to get me through bolting the plates on, as well as a 750 of Wild Turkey 101 in the cupholder to get me on down the road.
No thank you....

Book is between $28k and $34k.

But I'll pick you up from the airport and take you to a joint that has FROSTY mugs of Coors Light.....$2 on Wednesdays.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Fucking used car salesmen.:fuckyou:

And fuk book. One thing repos have in spades is deferred maintenance.
The PMs ain't broke, yanno!

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Fucking used car salesmen.:fuckyou:

And fuk book. One thing repos have in spades is deferred maintenance.
The PMs ain't broke, yanno!

I can't argue that, only to say I'm very picky on the cars I bid on.

There is a huge difference between hooked repos and voluntary....this one was a voluntary.

Besides the cursory fluid checks is the oil change sticker in the windshield.

And what makes this truck a no brainer is it's still under both factory warranties. (bumper to bumper and powertrain)

Just saw your PM....I will continue it there.

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
coors light s a deal breaker... Coors Golden is the official LAb's libation

It's a local oyster bar that has the cold beer....not sure if they have regular old Coors.

Here's what sux when one gets out and about; I think it was Wolf(RG500) who picked up fresh oysters and they were consumed at Snail's....since then, no oysters have come close.

When my son did that trip that included your neck of the woods, he said he can't eat lobster any longer because fresh Maine lobster has spoiled him.

Believe it or not, the "sea food" joint does have a very good burger.....2 for 1 also on Wednesday.

Last edited:

tinhead

Has never named a pet
WTF food aren't recreational drugs available in Vegas?
Would the first tank of gas last until Colorado? :biting::D

tinhead

Has never named a pet
How about I buy the Genuine Buddy 50 scooter first, ride it out to Vegas, load it in the truck and drive back home?
The CT temp plate is good for 21 days, even on a scooter the trip shouldn't take a week, hmmmm...
It's OK if someone else buys it so I don't have to think about this any more.

BigGar

high on placebo
It is what it is, like flat rate. Don't like it, fix it yourself. If a brake job pays two hours and I do it in 30 minutes, I'm getting paid for two hours. That's how a good mechanic makes a good living. I've never worked as a flat rate mechanic, but I think I could have done o.k. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm sure there was some fine print on the work order you signed that said there was a certain amount charged to every repair invoice for shop supplies. You did sign it, didn't you?

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
It is what it is, like flat rate. Don't like it, fix it yourself. If a brake job pays two hours and I do it in 30 minutes, I'm getting paid for two hours. That's how a good mechanic makes a good living. I've never worked as a flat rate mechanic, but I think I could have done o.k. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm sure there was some fine print on the work order you signed that said there was a certain amount charged to every repair invoice for shop supplies. You did sign it, didn't you?
...these ^ are incendiary words...

OP
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+

The 1st part of your rant makes little to no sense.....I knew very well it would not take an hour (.75??).....or the $95....to program the FOB(s), but I agreed to it.

I knew I could shop around for the key, but agreed to $50....so that's what it was.

Signed a $150 estimate.....which was the key, tax on the key, and the "labor."

When the cashier asked for $162ish is when I questioned it.

"I thought it was supposed to be $150."

The guy knew that's what he quoted me.

I do agree it was probably auto generated at the cashier.

But instead of the service writer saying it was auto generated and he'd adjust it, he tried what any scumbag commissioned salesman would do and try to baffle me with bullshit.

"Rags, oil, disposal fee." to program a FOB??....

If you're OK with it, we won't change each others' mines.....but I guarantee this is the type of asshole that tries to deny warranty claims because customer pay is always higher....and yes, I've had that happen as recently as last year on my F-350 when it had a check engine light. Laughed in the service writer's face when he said the sensors would be $800 on a truck that had 3 separate warranties on it. (one was the ESP, one was federal, and one was Ford's TSB to 150,000 miles)

Sad part is I had a female service writer at this same Chevy dealership that I used last year when a person at work gave me a Chevy Cobalt. I found the ignition switch and fuel line recalls on line and called to bring it in.

ZERO attempt at a bump.....probably why she isn't there anymore.

Regarding that POS, had to get the title squared away, windshield, sway bar ends, battery and then split the $150 I made selling it with the person who "gave" it to me....oh well, it bought sushi.

Top Bottom