Fucking Amazon, don't want to use them... but had to.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I needed a 10-24 thread repair kit for this fucking Harley I'm working on. I Google it, another over intrusive company, and a auto parts joint in town says they have it. I drive over there, they ain't got shit, even though they say they do on "the net". The fucking moron at the counter never even heard of a 10-24 (farmer size) thread, he shows me a 10x1.25 kit, fucking idiot.

So, I Goog'd some more, no one had the kit at a reasonable price, if at all. Graingers did, but they were closed.

So, fucking Amazon had it, one day delivery! It actually showed up next day around 5:00PM. So, + one for Amazon.

I'm trying to wean myself from the Amazon, but some tymes you gotta go with them.

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
its amazing to me how many packages people have on their doorstep in gated communities
I was plowing my driveway this morning ahead of the big thaw. Got out near the road and see a box sitting on the mailbox post. WTF... can't see the mailbox from the house. Box says "ULTA" on it... somewhat expensive cosmetics my daughter ordered.

Pissed me off that some lazy fuck couldn't be bothered to deliver it to the house. Chose to leave it on the mailbox post instead... on a relatively well-travelled road. :retard::up:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I was plowing my driveway this morning ahead of the big thaw. Got out near the road and see a box sitting on the mailbox post. WTF... can't see the mailbox from the house. Box says "ULTA" on it... somewhat expensive cosmetics my daughter ordered.
Pissed me off that some lazy fuck couldn't be bothered to deliver it to the house. Chose to leave it on the mailbox post instead... on a relatively well-travelled road. :retard::up:
this is my biggest problem with Amazon. Hiring jack legs that are clueless and lazy. No way to identify which trucks are which. Ive had 2 blow thru stop signs in my neighborhood... that wouldnt happen at ups. And fedex is kind of a shyster shop... amazon is 5 rungs below.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I'm incredibly disgusted by the massive influx of Chinese companies over the last year as compared with any year before.
I could swear they have multiplied x100,000,000,000 over just the last twelve months.
Names like GoogyGala and ColdPlate and JoinySpinning and BlueFrench.

Do they just use a random word generator for their company names?!?

I don't dislike Chinese people (I do disklike their gov though) but Amazon seems to be hiding the more traditional companies from search results because Amazon gets a better cut of the $ from the Chinese companies. :fu:

GTbusa

Cool dude, great photographer
I've never had any problems with Amazon. Jeff is my #1 go to guy when it comes to keeping me supplied in camping, hunting, shooting, photography, automobile, lawn care, metal detecting, kayaking, hiking, biking, and flying gear, and all mine and Franks other toys. I've made 212 purchases in the last 10 years, not counting this year, that's about 35 less than my last 3 ex-wife's made. Out of all the orders, I've only had to return 5 items, 3 this year. Jeff has streamlined his return process, once I printed out the return labels, I took the items to Kohls they handle all Amazon returns, you don't even have to re-box the items, Kohls will do all that and return the items to Amazon. I received my refund to my debit card the same day. I do all my shopping at home from my laptop, which I got from Amazon. :fu:

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I'm kinda mad that you can no longer make comments on reviews.
There are some real brain toads out there who could benefit from my snide responses.

And the search function is broken.
If you search for some keywords in a specific area, like in the "gloves" section... Amazon will redirect you to the main area and give you results for everything.
It does that if it thinks your keyword is too vague or something.

Someone could get rich by coming up with an Amazon alternative that is more like Amazon when they first started out.
And by fixing fake reviews.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I needed a 10-24 thread repair kit for this fucking Harley I'm working on. I Google it, another over intrusive company, and a auto parts joint in town says they have it. I drive over there, they ain't got shit, even though they say they do on "the net". The fucking moron at the counter never even heard of a 10-24 (farmer size) thread, he shows me a 10x1.25 kit, fucking idiot.

So, I Goog'd some more, no one had the kit at a reasonable price, if at all. Graingers did, but they were closed.

So, fucking Amazon had it, one day delivery! It actually showed up next day around 5:00PM. So, + one for Amazon.

I'm trying to wean myself from the Amazon, but some tymes you gotta go with them.
The whole virtue signaling thing passed you right on by, eh?

Top Bottom