Fuck Bruce Springsteen, he's a liberal couch sucker

Well he got a trumped up dui on his freakin' motorcycle in November in New Jersey. What is he in his 70s?
Also in the 60s he sustained a head injury when a car hit his Yamaha. That head injury kept him outta Vietnam.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
So. He only broke the law a little bit then. Right?
If he really hit only 0.02%, he didn't break the law at all as far as DUI is concerned. That's like one beer. There's no verification either way in the story, so he may have hit a higher percentage, but, if accurate, he was under the legal limit. He could have failed a field sobriety test, leading to the ticket.

He goes before the judge soon- if the article is correct, his charges should be dismissed- if they're not, there's more to the story.

This article says he refused a breathalyzer, so who knows?

Last edited:

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
Can't get the fucking truth about ANYTHING anymore. 🤷‍♂️
Not even a story about a simple traffic violation.

According to the New York Post, Bruce Springsteen's issues at the park arose when he pulled over on his motorcycle to interact with a group of fans. A source claimed that the "Born in the U.S.A." singer took a shot of tequila with fans after posing for a photo, and a nearby park ranger witnessed the interaction and decided to pull him over.

The ranger alleged that Springsteen refused to take a breathalyzer, according to a copy of the arrest report obtained by Fox News. "[He] smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the ranger claimed. "[He] claimed that he had two shots of tequila in the last 20 minutes." The ranger asked the singer to perform a field sobriety test, and decided to arrest him after observing him "visibly swaying back and forth."

Shortly after the news of Springsteen's arrest broke, a source claimed to Asbury Park Press that the New Jersey native's blood-alcohol content was below the legal limit. An insider also told CNN, "When this is all resolved, I think, people are gonna have some serious doubts about the seriousness of this, especially when the actual details of this are revealed, including the blood alcohol level.

Read More: Bruce Springsteen's Situation Just Gets Worse And Worse

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Funny thing about south jersey cops
... if they think youre a schmoe youre getting processed. Seen it happen... then once the copper finds out who you know or are related too they ask "why didnt you mention at the onset?" Then the process goes thru to court but no justice is served.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I don't know how it works in other states, but here it's an automatic DUI if you refuse a breathalyzer.
hmmm... the State would still have to prove in a court of law, beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty. Usually to save the angst of a trial they will make pleas... but in NJ apparently 1st offences are automatic intoxilock for a determined amount of time...lol
Maybe the Judge will make an example of him... maybe not. Id bet on the "process" not rendering any justice though.

hmmm... the State would still have to prove in a court of law, beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty. Usually to save the angst of a trial they will make pleas... but in NJ apparently 1st offences are automatic intoxilock for a determined amount of time...lol
Maybe the Judge will make an example of him... maybe not. Id bet on the "process" not rendering any justice though.
I'll rephrase - automatic arrest for DUI.

I don't know how that shit plays out after (I'm assuming not well) - I call an uber when I want to cut loose :ducmanic:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
A lot of people will deny a breathalizer and say they want the blood test in hopes that the extra time fucking around with hospitals will help them sober up.
That's what I was thinking- I wouldn't wanna get tested two minutes after taking a shot of tequila...

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
I haven't kept up with all the DUI laws, but I believe in some states there's a preliminary breathalyzer test that some police carry with them.

It's "preliminary" in that it's imprecise but it gives the cop an indication of whether or not it's worthwhile to haul a perp back to the station to use the legal, calibrated unit that will hold up in court. If you refuse the prelim, no sweat... they'll just haul your ass in, if they believe you're intox.

In Ohio, I believe if you refuse to blow (at the station), you are charged with a separate offense that, punitively, is just as bad as if you were to blow and fail the test. And if you're convicted of that separate offense, it's treated the same as a DUI by cops, judges, insurance companies, etc.

Wait, we have actual cops here that know a lot more about this than I do...

The proper way is you refuse all roadside tests and give in to the ones they will just get a court order if you refuse.
Certified blood test, or certified breathalyzer.

Not walking a line, not standing on one foot, and not one of those portable breathalyzers they carry around.

Have some fucking dignity. I don't give a shit if I'm drunk or sober I am not performing tricks on the side of the road for cops to try to prove my innocence. They just want you to fuck up and they will write the same police reports with the same buzzwords regardless.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
A lot of people will deny a breathalizer and say they want the blood test in hopes that the extra time fucking around with hospitals will help them sober up.
from what I remember about a friends DUI... the first thing a seasoned attorney asks for is the calibration record of the machine on a .0x field reading.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
DUI charges dropped due to his BAC being below the legal limit- he was only found guilty of drinking alcohol in an area where it's prohibited. He took a breathalyzer test at the ranger station and, as was claimed earlier, was found to be at 0.02, where 0.08 is the limit:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I was never a fan of Springsteen's big band music...but his solo stuff is pretty good.

As far as his character... back in the mid 90's I used to manage a little shop that sold vintage leather jackets & denim on Melrose.
Springsteen would wander in every once in a while, always alone and always when the store was uncrowded and quiet.
He was always nice and humble...he really dug my mint '66 Chevelle that I'd park in front of the shop.

One day as he left, a teenager stopped him right outside the shop. I stepped out the door to run interference, but Bruce waved me away. He talked with the starstruck kid for like 20 minutes on the sidewalk.

So yeah...I think Bruce Springsteen is a pretty nice fucking guy.
a nice guy... and politically aware and astute are both possible...

but my money is only on the nice guy part...

his politics suck ass...

CID

BAMF+
be cool be cool!! get your shit together, talk straight and dont be an asshole!
....from outside the drivers side window just behind the driver I hear the usual cop greetings with mumbled replies from my buddy and then the "question" that always comes.....
How many drinks have you had today?
and the first non-mumbling answer given to him? --- ALL OF THEM!!!!

The cop then leans forward to view me in the passenger side and blinks rapidly with somewhat of a bewildered smirk on his face.
That smirk......it somehow acknowledged the previous moment I had thought was just a dream.
For a quick second, I thought the cop would laugh and let us go. He did not.

RIP BH1

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
....from outside the drivers side window just behind the driver I hear the usual cop greetings with mumbled replies from my buddy and then the "question" that always comes.....

and the first non-mumbling answer given to him? --- ALL OF THEM!!!!

The cop then leans forward to view me in the passenger side and blinks rapidly with somewhat of a bewildered smirk on his face.
That smirk......it somehow acknowledged the previous moment I had thought was just a dream.
For a quick second, I thought the cop would laugh and let us go. He did not.

RIP BH1
RIP BH1? What??????

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Top Bottom