Forget the C8....or C7...or 6....etc...

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Holy crap...I just looked up values on Hagerty. They aren't really worth a whole lot.

I'm surprised.

Tri-power story.

OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
They're not as great to drive as they look, like all old muscle cars I guess. At 35K it will probably hold it's value o.k. though!

My neighbor had a pristine split window with 327/4 speed. It was beautiful, but my 95 Mustang GT with H/C/I would destroy it in any contest of speed and handling....but did I mention the Vette was beautiful??

He ended up trading it for a Cessna 172.

Anyway, I know you're correct about how that '69 performs, but I could just look at those curves hours on end.

Reactions: HG

luckystrike

Preferred pronouns: they, them, your excellencies
Website
lemonparty.org
There are around 3 cars in all of history that women will actually date for, and that's one of them

But I have no doubt they handle, go and stop like shit

It can claim 400 hp all day long, but I have to think you can light and finish a cigarette faster than the transmission shifts

The lowliest econo-cars of today will smoke it from the lights

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Maybe....but I was comparing it to the 327 I drove.

(and I think you quoted the ultra rare L88 numbers)
I got to ride in a couple of 427 Vettes, both L36 models with 390hp or maybe 400. The '67 felt a lot quicker than the '69. Both were scary over 100mph, but the '69 got r-e-a-l floaty in the front end near 120. I swear, my '64 big block Dodge felt more stable at 125... :lol:

Both guys sold the cars in the mid-70s as they were starting families, so I never got another ride in a 427 Vette...:cry:

Top Bottom