For those divorced midlife crisis studs that are looking for a place to retire...

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Which village or city is the US Military base closest to?

Friend of mine just got back from a 6 mo deployment to the base in Poland. She's a nurse in the USAR.
The base is up in the corner in the middle of 3 little towns or villages. She loved it, and said the Poles loved them.

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Kogalniceanu is the base.
It's an airport about 8-10 miles from Constanta city. During the warm season it even has commercial flights to most places. Turkish air runs to the US from that airport and they re one of the better ways to fly since they give ea person the right to 2 suitcases and a carry on. So it's a 10 min ride from the base/airport to Constanta/Mamaia.

As far as i have heard, Koga base is where most middle east tour guys get transfered through, or from certain middle east parts. They come to kogalniceanu either to come back home or go back, but there s usually a few couple 3 thousand military at most times. Driving by the base you can usually see a few of those big cargo military planes come and go.
My niece cuts hair on the base, she s been working there for 6 years. They have about 100 romanians hired on base, at one time i was offered a translator job being that the existing person hired for the job had a hard time understanding the american southern and ebonic slang, but they weren t paying enough.

I have a friend in Kogalniceanu with a traditional romanian style restaurant which shares a fence with the military base. His restaurant always has a few americans eating every time i go see him. He put burgers on the menu and has done well with his neighbors

Now there s also US navy that comes and goes into Constanta port as they also patrol the Black sea, since we share borders with the Ukraine, so...you will also see navy guys in the city or surroundings at times

There's a second US base in the middle of romania, Deveselu, Caracal.
There the US military has a patriot missile base as sort of a "first line of defense" being the closest to russia

Last edited:
OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
One thing to mention which i forgot.
As a US citizen, you also have certain driving privileges.
I've taken these privileges to extremes at times, sticking my head out the car window shouting "i'm american god damn it, move outta the way" in heavy traffic, and surprisingly, it works! You get some weird looks but i've done it with good results, once at the romanian/hungarian border where i was behind a 3 km wait line... to the border. After deciding to use my american driving privilege, i swerved to the oncoming lane, drove as fast as i could towards the border exit where i was greeted by a couple guys holding Krinkovs pointing for me to stop. I quickly flashed my american passport and said the first thing that came to mind... "i'm here to legalize barbituates and prostitution and i'm running late" pointing to my watch.

Having no clue what i said, he saw the passport and waved me through like i was some diplomat.
Being stopped by traffic police is always fun, as they have no means of ticketing you, rather making you pay for any moving violation.
They can write you a ticket but they know there s no law that forces you, a US citizen to pay it. Not the same for EU citizens. They pay like any other romanian/EU citizen

busa10

BAMF
Looks like a busy family type resort area to me not an abundance of trim.

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
$17 breakfast with a view for 2
REAL Eggs(bright orange yolk) , omelet, vegetable spread (zacusca), eggplant spread, feta cheese, tomato salad w red water onions, home made bread, lemonade, big water, latte'...

IMG_20190827_105723.jpg

scottcolbath

BAMF+
$17 breakfast with a view for 2
REAL Eggs(bright orange yolk) , omelet, vegetable spread (zacusca), eggplant spread, feta cheese, tomato salad w red water onions, home made bread, lemonade, big water, latte'...

View attachment 22795
Except for that overcooked omelette and the other eggs, that's one fantastic looking breakfast.

WP, are those big-ass chunks O' feta on the plate with the eggs?

S.C.

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Except for that overcooked omelette and the other eggs, that's one fantastic looking breakfast.

WP, are those big-ass chunks O' feta on the plate with the eggs?

S.C.
She asked for the omelet NOT to be runny... So they killed it.
Yes those are feta chunks. Feta is part of pretty much every romanian meal

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
I also like that ashtrays are available :up:
Dunkin Donuts failed miserably in romania simply because they didn t allow smoking on their terrace

Starbucks didn t make the same mistake
Most high end restaurants still have a smoking section blocked off with glass walls and adequate ventilation. They dont make anyone smoke on the sidewalk

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Love me some feta but today I'm havin' brie

View attachment 22811
I finished off an awesome triple cream French brie last night. I set it out for about three hours, then spread it on some whole grain bread with a few raisins in it. Fucking stuff was about the best I've had. Of course, a little four ounce chunk cost me $13 bucks. But worth it.

S.C.

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
I finished off an awesome triple cream French brie last night. I set it out for about three hours, then spread it on some whole grain bread with a few raisins in it. Fucking stuff was about the best I've had. Of course, a little four ounce chunk cost me $13 bucks. But worth it.

S.C.
Raisins? Really? I suppose it does make sense...

I will have to investigate this

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Tomorrow i am meeting with Baciu, an old guy famous around these parts (in the mountains where i had my hunting lodge) who makes some of the best feta around. The feta he makes is called Burduf feta.
It's a different process of making feta that is out of this world good. He sells a mininum of 5 kilos (we use to get 50 kilos a week from him at the Lodge) and i've been craving it ever since.
Tomorrow i will update this thread with the Burduf feta from Baciu. This guy has a goat farm deep in the hills and delivers to all his clients once a week. Tomorrow i'm gettin mine. I will most likely eat the whole 5 kilos of feta with some nice watermelon in the last 2 weeks i got left to stay here.

luckystrike

Anhela el dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
Tomorrow i am meeting with Baciu, an old guy famous around these parts (in the mountains where i had my hunting lodge) who makes some of the best feta around. The feta he makes is called Burduf feta.
It's a different process of making feta that is out of this world good. He sells a mininum of 5 kilos (we use to get 50 kilos a week from him at the Lodge) and i've been craving it ever since.
Tomorrow i will update this thread with the Burduf feta from Baciu. This guy has a goat farm deep in the hills and delivers to all his clients once a week. Tomorrow i'm gettin mine. I will most likely eat the whole 5 kilos of feta with some nice watermelon in the last 2 weeks i got left to stay here.
I'm sensing a Bert thread here...

1567053358019.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
IMG_20190829_080731.jpg On contraire mon frere... The Baciu Burduf Feta is chillin in the fridge.
Four... 1 kilo bricks...
Had 5, but I went to see my godfather yesterday and the way we pay respects around here is with a kilo of the puro Baciu feta.

Them are fresh figs to the right, just picked them off the tree.

Last edited:

RobBase

BAMF
Google is definitely spying on us.
Not 2 minutes after looking at Whiteys food pics, this is the first item on my YouTube homepage. A Serbian hamburger......

OP
OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Went to my wife's girfriend's wedding last weekend, had a good time...

Their godmother had a huge rack and i watched them bounce all night while she danced.
The rest of the wedding party wasn t shabby either. She had the signing at her house a-la-American style, the church reception and restaurant downtown.

IMG_20190824_161835.jpg

IMG_20190824_165213.jpg

IMG_20190824_165737.jpg

IMG_20190824_171942.jpg

IMG_20190824_171358.jpg

IMG_20190824_172558.jpg

IMG_20190824_183626.jpg

IMG_20190824_171549.jpg

IMG_20190824_172906.jpg

IMG_20190824_190523.jpg

Holly smokes I seen some nice surfing waves in the back ground, dam that would be a good place to surf all day, train with weights in the morning and go for a Honda grom mc ride in the evening.

Holly smokes I seen some nice surfing waves in the back ground, dam that would be a good place to surf all day, train with weights in the morning and go for a Honda grom mc ride in the evening.
Cisco, you could drop the C8 preorder and get yourself a snazzy beachside condo for the same price cash...split your time between Cali and Romania...fresh meat/fruits/veggies...surf...keep a grom in the garage...

Just saying

Top Bottom